[2.4] Thor's Thunderblunt Mjölner Discharge (Uber & Shaper Viable)

Very good guide and great build. Yesterday I switched from LL Mjolner version to Life's Kingsguard version, and I don't regret.

Normal Atziri killed ofc without deaths, so far so good. Need to try Uber, but missing maps for her atm.

GL everyone and Happy New Year :-)

Ren, I made another post in the general forums but should have just asked you here. I am struggling with uber trio. My discharger is 'dudeimbad' and it shouldn't be private. I have started to aim for some more life and armour on the passive tree, but still very unsure how to survive this fight.
I have a question. Is Surgeon flask still the best after the nerf? I'm Using Perpetual.
I have to say, i love the art work and time put in this build.
"
NeiToN wrote:
I have a question. Is Surgeon flask still the best after the nerf? I'm Using Perpetual.

I think the new Surgneon's flask are not very good, I suggest to get legacy ones (the ones with 1 charge per crit). Perpetual aren't bad, but still, the best are legacy Surgneon's for sure.
Again another build with LMP and GMP linked. Is there any peer-reviewed studies done that this actually proc's more discharge / mjolner? I've been testing it myself and havn't really seen any noticable differences.

The reason is because I'd rather just use Lightning Strike with the 6 link so I can farm mobs faster around the map, then just switch out before the boss.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Dec 31, 2015, 9:29:29 PM
"
Sirfar wrote:
Very good guide and great build. Yesterday I switched from LL Mjolner version to Life's Kingsguard version, and I don't regret.

Normal Atziri killed ofc without deaths, so far so good. Need to try Uber, but missing maps for her atm.

GL everyone and Happy New Year :-)

Very happy to hear and Happy New Year to you too! Life-based with Kingsguard is just miles better than Low-Life at the moment.

"
Tremainelol wrote:
Ren, I made another post in the general forums but should have just asked you here. I am struggling with uber trio. My discharger is 'dudeimbad' and it shouldn't be private. I have started to aim for some more life and armour on the passive tree, but still very unsure how to survive this fight.

During the trio fight, it comes down to mostly strategy. I try to focus them in the following order Kill the Ranged A'alai, then the Dual Striker Y'ara'az, and finally the Cycloner Q'ura. Try your best to keep your Surgeon's Amethyst Flask and Granite Flask up at all times during the fight. Another thing, I noticed in your Mjolner you keep Arc before Discharge, which means you lose a lot of damage because Arc critical strikes will waste the charges needed for the Discharge. Place Discharge before Arc in your Mjolner links. I will add this information to guide so it is more clear for everyone.

"
NeiToN wrote:

Surgeon's Flask will always be the best, a suggestion for boss fights to keep up your flask charges is replace Arc with Ball Lightning, and use the Magnate Belt. Thank you for the kind words! I am glad my work is appreciated.

"
monkuar wrote:
Again another build with LMP and GMP linked. Is there any peer-reviewed studies done that this actually proc's more discharge / mjolner? I've been testing it myself and havn't really seen any noticable differences.

The reason is because I'd rather just use Lightning Strike with the 6 link so I can farm mobs faster around the map, then just switch out before the boss.

LMP and GMP is such an amazing buff to our build, it is quite a bit more procs, from 7 projectiles to 9 projectiles is absolutely MASSIVE. That is two more chances to cast discharge every single attack and we all attack from 5 to 6 times a second. This means an average of 49.5 chances to proc discharge every second compared to the 38.5 chances without LMP. That means there is a chance to cast 28.5% more Discharges on average. In my opinion, Lightning Strike is trash. It has the worst single target potential and only works well on very big packs. As the change of the gem to Dexterity based (green) from the original Strength base (red) I currently find it a waste of time and no longer benefits our build.
Sincerely,
Ren
Uber Atziri & Mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1187517
Spectral Throw Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692620
Mjolner Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1519485
I'm lvl 92 (Scion, all bandits killed), so I slightly modified your build and added additional (4 points) to Life Regen. Now I can upkeep Righteous Fire all the time. I don't know why, but I love this spell, how it works and how it looks, so I'm currently running with RF all the time :-)

Here is my gear:

And flasks:

"
Sirfar wrote:
"
NeiToN wrote:

I think the new Surgneon's flask are not very good, I suggest to get legacy ones (the ones with 1 charge per crit). Perpetual aren't bad, but still, the best are legacy Surgneon's for sure.

It's kinda hard for me to get legacy Surgeon flasks since i play on Talisman league. I have alot of legacy Surgeon flask on Standard.

"
Rexire wrote:
"
NeiToN wrote:

Surgeon's Flask will always be the best, a suggestion for boss fights to keep up your flask charges is replace Arc with Ball Lightning, and use the Magnate Belt. Thank you for the kind words! I am glad my work is appreciated.

I can almost spam my flask with Perpetual flaks and
(i have to show it off, just because it's perfect). I'll try the new Surgeon flasks. Thanks for the anwser
Last edited by NeiToN on Jan 1, 2016, 9:43:30 AM
"
Sirfar wrote:
I'm lvl 92 (Scion, all bandits killed), so I slightly modified your build and added additional (4 points) to Life Regen. Now I can upkeep Righteous Fire all the time. I don't know why, but I love this spell, how it works and how it looks, so I'm currently running with RF all the time :-)

Here is my gear:

And flasks:

Yeah keeping RF active all the time is quite fun :), although you could just do it with a Surgeon's Ruby flask. I would advise you to switch your shield with a Saffel's Frame if you are running Uber Atziri though.

"
NeiToN wrote:

I can almost spam my flask with Perpetual flaks and
(i have to show it off, just because it's perfect). I'll try the new Surgeon flasks. Thanks for the anwser

Yeah, you will be able to spam Perpetual while clearing packs, but the reason we use Surgeon's is to keep them up during boss fights. With the amount of procs caused by Ball Lightning and charges from The Magnate, you can basically replicate legacy Surgeon's Flasks.
Sincerely,
Ren
Uber Atziri & Mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1187517
Spectral Throw Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692620
Mjolner Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1519485
This guide is awesome, very solid and fun build. You should add intuitive leap to the jewels section. With intuitive leap south of duelist you get Vigour (endurance charge), Revelry, Golem's Blood, Cloth and Chain it saves a TON of passives. west of marauder you can use another one to get Juggernaut, Stamina (another end charge), and Barbarism. The best one is west of templar you get Devotion, Power + End Charge. very worth the investment!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info