(Skelemancer) Army of Bone Summoner. Modified 2.1 tree doesn't interfere with 2.0 version

Hi, will the leer cast and the dying breath effect stack?
No minion instability? Seems like it'd be super strong for this.

Also would love a video. This sounds hilariously fun!
Hi everyone thank you for the interest in the build. I have been away a bit for christmas and early January but I'll try answer some of your questions. Also I am working on uploading video software to try make a vid. I'll post a URL when I manage to successfully do one. The build is currently imperfect and I don't have enough currency to perfect the build but never the less it is fun and I have my character with this build at level 84.

To Amnisia:

You could use eldritch battery if you found a way to get enough ES however, placing points it is generally more effective to use strength rather than int nodes for hp and the increased strength requirement from the queens ornate sword. I personally prefer not using points for eldritch but you are welcome to experiment.

Also the primary reason why I don't have a generosity is because I am lacking sockets. I only have a 4L and not a 5/6L chest piece. I still have quite a few things to add onto this build and it will take me some time. Hatred would be great if you can find a way to fit it in, at the moment I currently use a lot fo my mana summoning and resummoning the skeletons. I would be out of mana very fast trying to maintain hatred and the consistant summoning of 34+ skeletons

Fortify on the skeletons is just there for some staying power since they generally have less hp than zombies but I plan to replace it with multi-strike eventually

If your animated guardian dies you lose all gear on it. I've been told if you want to prevent it from dying mid combat aside from running away you can remove animated guardian from the socket and your guardian will vanish with gear intact so long as it hasn't died

convocation only works on minions that follow you, skeletons dont

Decoy totem personally I find is under-rated and while skeletons aggro most enemies the unique enemies have a higher likelihood I find to ignore your skeletons and come after you. The totem I find helps to be an addtional distraction

To Moosifer:

I have already looked into using Femurs for a build. But by proxy of what Femurs of Saints does the build would be more of a general summoners build rather than a skeleamncer build. If I were to use Femurs I would be summoning all summons as additional supports for the skeletons which are the damage dealers however if this weapon is used than you would lose up to 200% duration from not having the queens ornate sword which in turn won't let you summon mass amounts of skeletons. It is a neat staff though and I am trying to workout how I would do it if I did :)
To Solidghost:

Yes the Cast Leer Festival Mask and the Dying breath Coiled staff stack :)

To mTree21:

Minion instability is something I plan to test, just trying to raise some more levels first but yes with how easily skeletons tend to die it seems like it would be very effectvie. Ideally you would still like your skeletons not to die right away or else it would be hard to remove aggro off yourself from some enemies if your skeletons are all gone because they auto die at 33% hp from the Minion Instability.
Have you tried using spell totem with your skeleton summoner? I've been playing around with one and it seems to be pretty nice. As far as I can tell the "less damage" penality from spell totems doesn't apply to skeletons you summon. There is nothing in the tooltip information and the skeletons don't seem to DPS less. Plus, it really helps with mana usage and allows me to run around like crazy while the totem spams skeletons.
Last edited by ansizf on Feb 26, 2016, 11:21:55 AM
I think spell totem skeli with Beacon of Coruption and minion instability is something to look in Ascendancy with vulnerability and maybe another totem with Contagios :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info