(Skelemancer) Army of Bone Summoner. Modified 2.1 tree doesn't interfere with 2.0 version

This is an Extension to a thread I posted on "Feedback and Suggestions" some time ago with hopefully more helpful additions.

I have been getting a lot of comments from everyone whom I've partied with about this build and have had many people tell me to post it for them. It's my first time using a forum so here goes.

This build idea came with the release of POE 2.0 and the introduction of Jewels, specifically "Army of Bones Jewel". Comments have also developed on global on how the 'summon skeletons' skill is "less effective" than most other summon-able minions. Personally enjoying summoner classes I went to test this for myself given the new 2.0 update. This character at level 83 currently can summon 34 skeletons not including Vaal skeletons. Aside from support summons (ie. chaos golemn, animate guardian and decoy totem) Skeletons are the only summons I use to deal damage. It is one of my favourite creations and I can't wait to have it perfected.

Pros:
-Do not need bodies to summon skeletons and are more disposable
-Skeletons pursue enemies until expiration
-Benefits obtained by summon skeletons through gear and jewels also apply to Vaal Skeletons
-Unlike summon raging spirits enemies are aggro'd by skeletons and can attack them instead of you

Cons:
-Summoned skeletons pursue enemies until expiration and won't stay around and follow you like zombies
-Unlike summon raging spirit skeletons cannot stand in the same space as another skeleton so they will wonder off until room is made to attack
-Skeletons generally have less health than zombies

Scion:
Scion was chosen as the starting class because from every other class she has the ability to reach the most jewel slots in the passive skill tree and most of the minion passive nodes in the fewest amount of levels.

Notable Skill gems:
-Summon Skeletons(Blue) supported by: Melee Physical Damage(Red),Fortify(Red),Minion Damage(Blue),Minion Speed (Blue),Spell Echo(Blue)
-Vaal Skeletons(Blue) & Decoy Totem(Red) supported by: Increased Duration(Red), Minion Damage(Blue)
-Chaos Golemn(Blue) & Animate Guardian(Red) supported by: Minion Life(Blue), Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance(Blue)
-Auras: Haste(Green), Clarity(Blue)
-Flesh Offering(Blue),FlameDash(Blue), Rallying Cry(Red) supported by:Increased Duration(Red)

Notable Gear/Jewels:
-Army of Bones Jewels - each jewel provides +2 to maximum skeletons, increased minion damage and reduced skeleton duration. Optimal with high percent increased minion damage and low percent reduced skeleton duration.

-Queen's Decree Ornate Sword - the army of bones jewels increase the maximum skeletons but reduce the skeletons duration however, this sword can increase the skeleton duration of up to 200% which makes up for the use of 9 army of bones jewels it also provides +2 to max skeletons and increases minion health and damage

-Alberon's Warpath Soldier Boots - gives +2 to maximum skeletons while providing reasonable armour defense, chaos resistance, increases movement speed and increases strength by 18% which is ideal considering the Queen's Decree Ornate Sword increases strength requirements by 25%

-Sidhebreath Paua Amulet - proves mana regenration, cold resistance as well as increased minion damage, health and movement speed

-Leer Cast Festival Mask - this build requires two of these masks, one for the scion to wear the other for your animate guardian to wear which will both combine to increase your minions damage by an additional 30% from the aura that is given off by the item

-Dying Breath Coiled Staff - this item is to be used on the animated guardian. While the guardian holds this weapon you and your minions damage will increase by an additional 18%. It also increases the aura radius of the animate guardian by 18% increasing the range in which your minions can extend and still receive bonuses from the staff and the Leer Cast Festival Mask.

Defenses:
- The increased Strength requirement from the Queen's Decree Ornate Sword suggested that the most optimal form of defense for this character would come from Armour rather than Energy Shield or Evasion. Strength provides 5 health per 10 strength so this character is reliant on increasing Armour, Health and Health Regeneration.
- Resistances obtained from passive nodes and gear since the scion is relatively close to a number of resistance nodes south of her starting point and near the marauder.

Notable Current Stats at Level 83 (no auras/buff or minions active) on Merciless Difficulty
Defense (Has Since Changed with Gear Upgrades/Leveling):
-2790hp/111es
-Armour 5211
-Phys Damage reduction 38%
-Evasion 600
-8% Chance to evade attacks
-299 Life regeneration
-75% Fire Resist, 71% Cold Resist, 75% Lightning Resist, -29%Chaos Resist
-+32% Movement Speed

Misc. (Has Since Changed with gear upgrades/Leveling)
- 215% Minion Damage Modifier
- 111% Minion Life Modifier

PASSIVE TREE PROGRESSION

- 20 POINT
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoBNs0_uCx2qsWpGofSj6uJMc3OvupwjZCyqY-oCPGg==

- 40 POINT
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoBNs0_uCx2qsWpGofSj6uJMc3OvupwjZCyqY-oCPGr68iq-QEYLkSsg8LYPMtz5Bh9i9_gra3RVQmuCGsyzpAO4qTT8ng18=

- 60 POINT
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoBNs0_uCx2qsWpGofSj6uJMc3OvupwjZCyqY-oCPGr68iq-QEYLkSsg8LYPMtz5Bh9i9_gra3RVQmuCGsyzpAO4qTT8ng1-DCWBDbj0DljsokDOmrIhARUcy0VNSRZ3AZgSzogDK07QMRnG-iqEv

- 80 POINT
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoBNs0_uCx2qsWpGofSj6uJMc3OvupwjZCyqY-oCPGr68iq-QEYLkSsg8LYPMtz5Bh9i9_gra3RVQmuCGsyzpAO4qTT8ng1-DCWBDbj0DljsokDOmrIhARUcy0VNSRZ3AZgSzogDK07QMRnG-iqEvfRhtGSL0bAuTJ-yKa9vwH2jyNZJvO8AaeA218oTFm7VfsMpKb54YVg==

- 100 POINT
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoBNs0_uCx2qsWpGofSj6uJMc3OvupwjZCyqY-oCPGr68iq-QEYLkSsg8LYPMtz5Bh9i9_gra3RVQmuCGsyzpAO4qTT8ng1-DCWBDbj0DljsokDOmrIhARUcy0VNSRZ3AZgSzogDK07QMRnG-iqEvfRhtGSL0bAuTJ-yKa9vwH2jyNZJvO8AaeA218oTFm7VfsMpKb54YVr6Ae8Opbl8_wQR5aO8OFCDyLxo-Ow3v69AfTLMabJ2u42oWbySqNuk=

- 123 POINT
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoBNs0_uCx2qsWpGofSj6uJMc3OvupwjZCyqY-oCPGr68iq-QEYLkSsg8LYPMtz5Bh9i9_gqa4IazLOkA7ipNPyeDX4MJYENuPQOWOyiQM6asiEBFRzLRU1JFncBmBLOiAMrTtAxGcb6KoS99GG0ZIvRsC5Mn7Ipr2_AfaPI1km87wBp4DbXyhMWbtV-wykpvnhhWvoB7w6luXz_BBHlo7w4UIPIvGj47De_r0B9Msxpsna7jahZvJKo26VOlHKcMX8auOlismBEPVcZNuRCXRATMvPfXhWCqxCkufLjzm1cN8axoZfIev5fJPdrd

Note:
- Top Jewel Slot Above the Witch Tree used for Dead Reckoning Cobalt Jewel since it can hold 50 int allocation for a medium radius

Bandits
Normal: Skill Point (Depending on your own personal needs/modifications, helping Oak for HP or Alira for Mana are suitable options)
Cruel: Skill Point
Merciless: Skill Point

CURRENT GEAR

Weapon (This sword is a MUST for this build)

Chest (Any Decent/Good Armour with Resistances and hp. I will eventually mod one with +2 to skeletons)

Helm (I like the boost to dmg but a good alternative is Alpha Howl's Tricorne if you're looking to stack auras, or one with Resistances and hp)

Gloves (Any decent/Good gloves with hp and resistances, I like to mod the increased minion dmg)

Boots (Highly recommended but not mandatory,+2 to maximum skeletons is nice other boots with hp, resistances and movement speed will do just as well)

Belt (Is open to anything you deem best)

Amulet (Highly Recommended but not manditory if you think you have something better)

Rings (Any high hp and resistances will suffice, mana regen also a good to have)

Jewels By Endgame
10 Army of Bones

1 Dead Reckoning Cobalt Jewel

Current Gems
-Sword
:

-Helm
:

-Chest
:

-Gloves
:

-Boots
:

Side Note Multi-strike is also another good support with Summon Skeletons and gems can be easily swapped out to fit in Item Quantity and Item Rarity.

In addition here are items I mentioned above that sould be animated with your animated guardian to provide a dmg support boost to you and your minions:

This is not Set in Stone but a Guide, I welcome you all to try out the build or improve upon it as you see fit. I HOPE YOU ENJOY AND FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. (^.^)!!

P.S. Sorry for Typo's if any.
Last edited by Blazing_Angel on Dec 18, 2015, 11:29:10 AM
trying out this build now, what do you get for bandits?
Hi, what I have done is,

Bandits:

Normal: Skill point
Cruel: Skill point
Merciless: Skill point

If for any reason you feel like you need more mana help Alira in Normal or more hp then help Oak in Normal. As for the Cruel & Merciless always take the Skill point.
Also For those viewing that are unaware of what the New 2.1 Dead Reckoning Cobalt Jewel does:

I wanted to try it out and thought it would be a flavorful addition to the Skelemancer. It turns out Dead Reckoning does not add 3 Skeleton Mages but replaces 3 Skeleton warriors you would have summoned with Summon skeletons with Skeleton Mages thus not actually increasing your skeleton count.

Last edited by Blazing_Angel on Dec 18, 2015, 11:15:43 AM
Cobalt*
How is this doing on higher lvl maps? I find spell echo clunky as I level this (currently 45) and using a spell totem seems better, on a 6l for me than echo.I have also opted for minion instability as it melts bosses.
I want see a video of this!

"
k33s69 wrote:
I want see a video of this!

I second this statement :P
IGN: Heisennburg
Hey blazing_angel.

I really like you build and i plan to build it in hc.
But therefore i've some questions:

Would it be possible to use eldritch battery + totem?
If so we could use haste + hatred.

Why no generosity for haste?

Why do you use fortify on your skelettons?
There are better damage gems and i think it is ok if they die.

Why do you use decoy totem? Skelettons should get most of aggro.

Why no convocation?

I've never used animated guardian. What happens with the items when he dies or when i quit the game?

What other items for him?
Check out my build from back in the day

Maybe I can inspire you. Personally because skeletons don't travel I felt having many of them and duration felt useless as you're recasting every pack anyways.

I really want to try out that new mage skeleton jewel but they don't work with any projectile supports so it's pretty much useless atm. Also got:

5Led then found out the IAS doesn't work.

So I would love to reroll the build but all of the new stuff that would make it fun to reroll doesn't work properly.

good luck with the build though.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info