2.1 Caustic Arrow Ranger - Dual Curse (Atziri Abaxoth Down in Talisman)

So this is pretty much the old PA dual curse ranger but the focus is on the chaos nodes and the change of a couple of gems.

I killed atziri today with pretty poor gear and had 11k Cloud Tooltip. 3.9k hp

Defenses: AA + Grace + Pot Nodes and pots
Spoiler

Defensive and utility 4 links
:
Spoiler

Defensive 4link 1:
(Cast When Damage Taken setup, at this level they should be casting fairly frequently and will always have your golem out, molten shell up and give you 0.4 secs to gtfo.

Defensive 4link 2:
(Main passive defensives here empowered for more... power.)

Utility 4link:
(Use vaal trap on things with a lot of life or that you need to kill quickly)
(Use rallying cry as often as you remember to cast it)

DUAL CURSE ON HIT:
Spoiler

RANGER VERSION: 187% life, 7 Jewels, All chaos nodes, 7 Frenzy

RANGER ACRO VERSION: 192% life, 6 Jewels, All chaos nodes, 6 Frenzy, Acrobatics

RANGER IRON REFLEX VERSION: 192% life, 6 Jewels, All chaos nodes, 6 Frenzy, Iron Reflex

SCION VERSION: 175% life, 7 Jewels, All chaos nodes, 7 Frenzy, Inc AOE and Projectile nodes. BEST

SHADOW VERSION: 180% life, 7 Jewels, All chaos nodes, 7 Frenzy, Shadow's Extra Chaos Nodes

DUALIST VERSION: 188% life, 7 Jewels, All chaos nodes, 7 Frenzy, Bonus Attack Speed

Tree pathing is go right for all the chaos nodes except the top wheel first, take some life around the 50's, pick up the top wheel and pot nodes, fill out jewel slots and take the remaining life. Everything near scion is the last 10 levels of the build.

Bandits: Help Oak, Kill All, Help Kraityn (life,skill,frenzy)

Gear i used to kill atziri day 3 of talisman.
Spoiler

CURRENT GEAR
Spoiler

CURRENT MF GEAR
Spoiler

CURRENT TREE

TALISMAN GEAR PROGRESSION DISCUSSION
Spoiler

Buy the highest quality gems of everything you will need. Especially empower !

So first up your going to go for at least a +2 5link bow. A +1/+1 Gems Is better then a +2 Bow Gems This will carry you long into endgame.

Second item on the list is a 5link armor, any type (except ES) this is your curse on hit item, You can get away with a 4link, just run temp chains and add vuln to the mix when you get a 5link.

Third shopping item is Doedre's Damning ring. Dual curse, more deeps.

Fill out your helm, belt, gloves, off stat ring, quiver. These will be mainly aiming for as much life follwed by resists and then some item rarity.

Craft your flasks.

END GAME SHOPPING

1. Find a +3 bow with an open prefix for DoT work on 6linking this your old bow will carry you till this is done.

2. Drop your defensive quiver for drillneck, add pierce to your gem setup.

3. Buy some blood dance boots.(corrupt for +1 frenzy if your game)

4. Pick up a Carcass jack and work on 5linking it.

5. Craft Proper flasks, Perpetual Granite of Armor, Taste of Hate, Perpetual Divine Life of Staunching etc.

6. Find a very nice deadhand talisman, and ventors. Your off stat ring will be mainly life and resists with rarity on it (ventors fits this perfectly) otherewise a nice gold ring.

6. Flesh out your gloves and helm. Res/Life/Rarity/Armor-Eva

7. Find a nice belt with res/life/flask duration/armor

Only problem i had was didn't bring 2 topaz flasks for the vaals ball lightning so i ripped there.

Atziri Kill Proof.
Spoiler

Abaxoth Kill Proof.
Spoiler

End game aim is, Carcass Jack 5linked for COH setup, Blood Dance, Drill Neck, A Much better deadhand talisman, but similar stats just better rolls.

End Game Gear Aim (Standard Items But what im roughly aiming for in talisman)
Spoiler

6link +3 Bow setup would be, CA, Rapid Decay, Void Manipulation, Empower, Pierce, Conc Effect
Example:
Spoiler

(VIDEO) TALISMAN 2.1 CA ranger with above linked gear i did atziri with.(shore map)
Last edited by stormyknight on Dec 27, 2015, 11:10:15 AM
Lots of updates to the guide.
Just wondering why you didnt get fatal toxin 125% poison dmg in 3 node in shadow ?
"
CeLLTeKK wrote:
Just wondering why you didnt get fatal toxin 125% poison dmg in 3 node in shadow ?

Because not all chaos damage is poison, but all poison damage is chaos.

It doesn't affect CA.
Are you aware of the interaction of CA and poison gem? At the moment when you link poison to CA it seems like as if the cloud damage of CA is applied as the poison debuff from the support gem. This results in insane amounts of poison damage to the target you hit with the arrow which can be stacked multiple times
"
Flouyd wrote:
Are you aware of the interaction of CA and poison gem? At the moment when you link poison to CA it seems like as if the cloud damage of CA is applied as the poison debuff from the support gem. This results in insane amounts of poison damage to the target you hit with the arrow which can be stacked multiple times

yes but its a bug that will get hotfixed, no point building around it when its going to be changed any day, aka the minion instability blink arrow glitch.
Hey,
thanks for the guide!
actually im going for a shadow CA build and have a question..
Tbh i dont really know if i should go for acrobatics, ironreflex or just the same version u posted. (im a casual noob and honestly dont know whats better / whats the safest variation)
So far CA seems pretty fun, atleast for me!

im not a nativ so sorry for poor english.
"
Xadril wrote:
Hey,
thanks for the guide!
actually im going for a shadow CA build and have a question..
Tbh i dont really know if i should go for acrobatics, ironreflex or just the same version u posted. (im a casual noob and honestly dont know whats better / whats the safest variation)
So far CA seems pretty fun, atleast for me!

im not a nativ so sorry for poor english.

Its really a preference thing, you can clear all the way into end game maps without either acro or iron reflex, but taking one or the other would be a little more defensive, if im being honest taking acro is probably the better of the two a you can get near 70%Phys Reduction from a granite pot.

Thanks for ur time. i think ill try the way with acrobatics first !
Not a Big change to reskill from that:)
"
Xadril wrote:
Thanks for ur time. i think ill try the way with acrobatics first !
Not a Big change to reskill from that:)

No worries, here is a shadow acro version, with the extra chaos nodes on the bottom of the tree, its only 158% life, 5 Jewels, 7 frenzy, But you get full acro + phase acro. You could drop phase acro and take more life or drop dirty tactics and do the same.

Your options if you dropped phase acro or dirty is to take the jewel and a life node near scion life wheel.

Last edited by stormyknight on Dec 16, 2015, 12:50:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info