Whirling blades

The QQ is strong with this post Mulla, game is in bad state we know this but it's pointless showing that the grass is greener elsewhere.
Mulla does QQ on this forum too much, especially since it's too late anyway. But that post has made me want to check out devillian...I mean I've already got to 90 on talisman, seen the BS that is the new spells, and want to try something new. Also the fact that this thread hasn't been locked yet shows how much they care.

The funniest thing? I think pvp was more enjoyable 2 years ago.
"
IceDeal wrote:
The QQ is strong with this post Mulla, game is in bad state we know this but it's pointless showing that the grass is greener elsewhere.

i dont know about how greener is the grass in devilian but what im sure about it is, it looks like tits are really big in devilian, whoever you are either men or women.

i dont know what we can expect from a game where tits are bigger than heads, and thats intensed for sure in order to get attention of young no life nerds. this is irritating

why would a game require such a thing to get attention?

*offtopic off*

whirling blades is OP, it should ne nerfed. make it wider, it should be less faster than it is now.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jan 7, 2016, 10:30:02 PM
Yea, Mulla does cry a lot, and it's fun poking fun at him for that fact, but that aside, he does have a point in doing it, that being that pvp should be fun, and it sucks seeing something enjoyable like that being kinda broken and unbalanced. That, and I have to agree with him, even though on principle I don't like doing that, about the laziness factor of skills that don't require much engagement, that's why I went ballistic on Grieviel a few nights back and told him he's, well, a lot of things. None of them good.

Back to the topic of Whirling Blades though, I haven't seen MUCH of it being used as an actual attack, but the little I've seen does show that it's a bit too powerful, especially since players are so fast with it. I really do think it should have Flame Dash-esque cooldowns for it, like 3 of them.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
WB as already been nerfed pretty badly as an attack (30% less pvp dmg), I agree that it's a bit too fast for what it is but I also think that people who invested in attack speed should still be able to use it properly. Right now everyone just pick a dagger with a 20/20 FA and that's it.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jan 8, 2016, 12:51:38 AM
WB is by far the strongest mobility skill and with little investment it creates a huge advantage, especially against melee builds - it's really hard for a melee char (not using WB obviously) to catch anyone using WB, which I don't think should be the case.

Need to be mindful of how to tweak the skill since you don't want to nerf it to oblivion. For example, putting a cooldown on it like Flame Dash would really hurt the skill, and frankly would make it underwhelming like Flame Dash (if cooldown is the answer, then it should be a lower cooldown I think). Maybe a better way is to increase the animation so its a bit slower. This way the average person using a dagger and 20/20 FA isn't whirling 2-3x per second. Those who invest in WB will still be rewarded with a very fast mobility skill.
First off its not "QQ" It's facts. You even agree and I've been damn near 99% right about everything I've ever written regarding balance / future balance up to this point too.

Secondly, Devilian is a game that actually promotes PvP and rewards you for doing so. Over sexual character designs attracting no life douche bags is a given. It only effects you if you let it. I don't like anime tits etc.. because I'm not a loser but such things do not and will never effect the balance of the game. While on the other hand, the no life aspects of PoE directly effect balance. Racers are generally no life to the max. Most of the other aspects of this game heavily promote having a bed pan strapped to your ass cheeks so you can nerd out and grind for 1/60th of an Exalt for hours on end etc..etc.. They balance the game based on race results, how well a class can progress through act 1 and so much more. These things directly screw PvP balance, even LLD is effected greatly by these things.

Thirdly I get it, I know GGG has lots and lots of shit going on. We all get pissed about the condition PvP is in and how its been handled. The people that have been here from the start more so then those who just got involved. I'm sure they sincerely do want to get PvP whipped into shape and eventually they'll try their hands at it again. But why not address the obvious stuff, It's right there in your face. Exploited, universally known to be over tuned or just out of place. On the subject of Whirling Blades, don't do anything to it. Just revert the last buff it received which wasn't a damage buff but an animation/frame reduction one that allows it to move stupidly fast for no apparent reason. A buff that was received because of act1/racing progression or lack of compared to "better" movement skills...which those "better" movement skills weren't even better then pre buff Whirling Blades to begin with. They simple let you scale elevation, nothing more.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Why are you guys so destructive? Don't cry for nerfs, just beg for buffs!

something like:
reduce LW mana cost and cast time, why am I as a caster have more benefits of using dagger-wb instead of 'caster-bound' movement spell?!
or:
WTF with leap slam attack radius? why is my 200% attack speed 2h melee jumps like a burning bunny?!

Last edited by EFBBBF on Jan 9, 2016, 7:46:32 AM
Somehow, I don't think giving everything buffs will solve anything. LW used to be pretty good and it didn't have any range restrictions. I recall being able to zip across Arena and such pretty quickly, and it worked even for non-casters as well. Fucking GoogleFromDiablo or VietSatThu, or one of the umpteen million Kaom's EA Scions switched over to it, claiming it was better than leap slam.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
PvM agree too apparently. I don't have a reddit account nor post there, some random guy came to this conclusion all on his own because.........it's obvious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/40czsd/expansion_can_we_please_get_the_other_movement/
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info