Pledge of Blades EB Witch Blade Vortex 2.1.0 Build SICK CLEAR SPEED!!

Hi guys, I was just playing around with different skills that were released on Friday and when I got to Blade Vortex and made my own build for it I was simply amazed at how awesome the build is. This build uses a combination of Blade Vortex to summon as many blades as possible, currently i can summon 45 out of 50 possible, as well as Bladefall for extra damage to packs that aren't dying fast enough or are potentially dangerous so you are able to get them from a distance. This is a life-based build crit as well. First build guide i have ever done so I'm open to suggestions from you guys :). If you have any questions you can post them on this thread or pm me ign at JustAnotherSatanist.

Videos of Build in Action
Mountain Ledge Run @ lvl 70

Passive Trees

Low Life

Lvl 100

Lvl 100 HC

Current Gear

If you don't have these uniques then look for the following mods on rares like Diamond Rings, Evasion gear or hybrid Evasion/ES for easy socket coloring:
1.) Life
2.) Resists
3.) Spell Damage
4.) Cast speed
5.) Crit Chance/Multiplier
6.) 30% Movement Speed on boots is highly recommended.

Gem Setups

Gems can be pretty much setup as you like/are able to but for the armour and weapon sockets you need the following:
Weapon-RRBBG; Blade Vortex, Increased Critical Strikes (If your crit is above 40% for the spell then use Critical Damage instead), Increased Duration, Increased Area of Effect, Life Gain on Hit

Armour-BBBGR; Bladefall, Spell Echo, Concentrated Effect, Increased Critical Strikes (If your crit is above 40% for the spell then use Critical Damage instead), and Life Leech.

If you have a 6L or want to know what other gems you could use instead of these you can basically play around with any that affect the AoE, Spell damage or Duration for Blade Vortex. Similarly, for Bladefall you could use any spell damage or AoE modifiers to your liking.

Bandits

For bandits you should help Alira on each difficulty as you will need the mana she gives to be able to cast more, cast speed and power charge for obvious reasons are the best choices as well. However, if you think you are going to be at about 1k or above mana/es then help Oak for more survivability(HP).

Recommended Uniques

Rat's Nest and Maligaro's add a huge damage boost obviously but a rare helmet with life, resists(as needed) and MF would be an option if you cannot obtain these uniques. Alpha's Howl adds extra levels to Anger which provides a large portion of our damage as well as the cannot be frozen mod which helps a lot with survivability. In a situation where there are cold damage enemies attacking you and freezing you Rat's nest would get you killed unless you have a flask with the mod to unfreeze yourself and can use it more than once. Whereas an Alpha's Howl makes sure you can keep casting uninterrupted so you don't have to worry about getting frozen and wasting a flask slot just for unfreezing. For amulet, you can also use an Eye of Chayula which provides stun immunity, this would also allow you to spec out of the few stun recovery nodes I have on the tree at the Witch start to use them for something else but this amulet has no other useful for survivability mods except the stun immunity so if you can spare an amulet slot and are resist capped and have less than 3k life then I recommend using it.

Things to try still

Some other options that could potentially mean more damage for this build could be switching to only Blade Vortex and not using Bladefall in a 5L on the armour. This would allow you to not use Carcass Jack and use wands or daggers instead of Pledge of Hands for more attack speed, use of whirling blades, and potentially more survivability with a rare Evasion/ES chest. However, Bladefall benefits greatly from Carcass Jack and is a very strong single target/ranged safety dps skill so this entirely depends on what you prefer. If I were to make this build on Hardcore I would definitely make this change.

I have just made this build and the skill has only been released recently so don't kill me if you think this build sucks XD. It's op with the gear I currently have on but can easily be as viable with rare replacements.

P.S- I can reach 50 blades no problem, if cap was higher it would be easily over 50 blades if I run Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder instead of auto-curse Assassin's Mark in which case it would have to be self-cast but hey the charges only need to be refilled every 10 seconds or so which I don't think is too bad considering you get slightly more DPS with both of these buffs up. However, you don't have to run these buffs, you can still do Assassin's Mark auto-curse except you just need a bit more mana than me which would be easiest to achieve by using rare gear instead of some of the uniques I use which is usually the case for most people if they can't afford the gear I have.
Last edited by AgentofStrife on Dec 16, 2015, 12:21:39 PM
Here is tree I'm messing with. More life more crit etc. You don't need reductions of spells with auto warlords.

Key features
5k life
13.5K Vortex Blades with 7PC at only lvl 15 gem can get 46 blade on boss. Predict over 20K per blade @ gem 20
40% chance to dodge
46% chance to spell dodge
4 endurance charge

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAZEEswVCBbUHHg5ID6sPxBEPES8RlhNxFkAWbxa_GGoaOBvIHRQgbiLqJIsk_SaVJy8pTyoLKjgsnC0fLdIwcTlSOkI6WDrYO3w8BT1fQZZEq0lRS3hMs1AwUUdSU1VLVa5VxleUWAdYrl3yXqVh4mKsY0NknWaea7dsjHBSf8aCEIV9idOMNo2_jmSPRo-mj_qQVZUglS6XlZo7m6Gdqp_fogCio6XLrJius7b6uMrAZsHzwwnDOs_d0PXUI9Wm217dqN-w42rjhOdU6Nbr9ew47TzvfPDV8YryHfem99f60v_e2fwJqsCac7PwaxXnl_SD2w==?accountName=Aim_Deep&characterName=Bad_Ass_Wench

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 13, 2015, 9:17:16 PM
Is there any way you can get a video up? I'm interested to see it in action. I also think Aim_Deep's version is much more refined.
Here is video at lvl 13 gem i made of lvl 13 gem in 5L no LL gem village ruin map lvl 12 map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYVEkm3cwzU

Fast Forward to 2:45 for bosses killed. these boss i always had hard time with my ice nova build
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 13, 2015, 9:32:16 PM
I'll make a video and post it here in about 40mins-1 hour
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Here is video at lvl 13 gem i made of lvl 13 gem in 5L no LL gem village ruin map lvl 12 map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYVEkm3cwzU

Fast Forward to 2:45 for bosses killed. these boss i always had hard time with my ice nova build

Your tree is better indeed. However, it is not realistic for the majority of players to reach level 100. Your tree also requires killing all bandits in cruel where i got the cast speed which is essentially the same because you have the three passives in Shadow's starting area. Otherwise, yea lol i completely forgot about the spell crit nodes in the Shadow area I'll fix my tree to include those, thanks for the advice. You don't need the curse nodes where the additional curse is by the way. With how fast enemies die the curse effectiveness and dual curse doesn't really help, I'm not using warlord's auto curse as you thought. I only use Assassin's Mark.
Last edited by AgentofStrife on Dec 14, 2015, 12:08:37 AM
I'm fairly certain Life Gain on hit doesn't work with Blade Vortex considering it's a spell and if it does is definitely a bug that will get patched pretty quickly once it's widely discovered.
Updated the gear gem setups and moved some stuff around. The build now runs Hatred, Clarity and Ice Golem and is able to achieve 50 blades cast at once :D.
"
CarbonChaos wrote:
I'm fairly certain Life Gain on hit doesn't work with Blade Vortex considering it's a spell and if it does is definitely a bug that will get patched pretty quickly once it's widely discovered.

Yup i was just being retarded, it doesn't work with it lol would be too op if it did.
Ok, you seem to know your stuff. I would be willing to test your build as a low lifer on one condition, you make a trees. I am horrible at making trees. I really like what you are doing here and I actually though of a low life blade vortexer, but I couldn't make the tree. Just message me the tree or post it here and I will get back to you and give you feedback, if you would like. I have a perfect shavs, etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info