flicker strike crashes me

"
Rom17rom wrote:
"
davinci663 wrote:
Got lots of flicker problem myself

Solution was changing gateway of game connection to next best-one.
Since i did that - 0dc's.
It seems that dc (for me) was caused by high latency changes even when average latency was minimal.

It seems that high-calculations things make it far worse some of it are:heralds/splash/elemental effects/on-kill effects like abbysal cry.

I tried London or Amsterdam, same problem :/ But it is not a deconnection, it is a crash (game stop running immediatly).

But I agree too, the great number of explosion increased a lot the PING !

Do I need to repost a real Report error topic ?
I was writing about crashing to windows, just telling what helped me.
Changing connection mode can help too
Last edited by davinci663 on Jan 18, 2016, 6:33:17 PM
Ok, thanks for the tip. But It didn't works for me. I changed server, and tried to pass through a VPN. ALWAYS THE SAME PROBLEM !

My BUILD IS DEAD :'(

And I have just a question, I'm new on forum. Why GGG never answer ?
(I have make my report properly with dxdiag (post above))
Last edited by Rom17rom on Jan 19, 2016, 7:21:39 AM
I'll just post this here since I played a lot of flicker strike at the beginning of Talisman. Also posted about this briefly on reddit before.

This is an issue with predictive mode, and the weird monster statues that sometimes appear in predictive mode. The game spawns the set of monsters, but also a duplicate set of monster ragdolls (also seen this occur with destructible objects and also strongboxes) that can be targeted by skills, and is quite aggravating when flicker strike can autotarget these ragdoll mobs. It's really hard to tell when exactly this crash occurs exactly, but my best guess is when you flicker into a large number of ragdolls that are underneath mobs, and then the game crashes (or maybe when the game spawns too many of these ragdolls in one zone?).

It also feels like the faster you move through maps, the more dramatic this issue becomes. Flicker strike moves very quickly, thus exasperating this issue to a point where it almost becomes unplayable. I see the ragdolls often when using other skills, but not nearly as much as when I play flicker. Seems like the game might send duplicate requests in spawning objects as you move quickly around in predictive mode and doesn't handle them correctly.

This is the one of the worst cases of it I saw while playing (the pots were also broken, but still stood). http://i.imgur.com/SOjfFRC.jpg

Playing on lockstep mode fixed this problem entirely for me (no ragdolls spawn), and had no more crashing after switching. Unfortunately, you're out of luck if you can't use lockstep.

Also worth noting, that zoning in and out of a zone will remove all statuesque ragdolls from it.

I'm curious if anyone is getting persistent crashes while using lockstep and flicker.

Might need some Jonathan time on this issue.
"
gagged wrote:
I'll just post this here since I played a lot of flicker strike at the beginning of Talisman. Also posted about this briefly on reddit before.

This is an issue with predictive mode, and the weird monster statues that sometimes appear in predictive mode. The game spawns the set of monsters, but also a duplicate set of monster ragdolls (also seen this occur with destructible objects and also strongboxes) that can be targeted by skills, and is quite aggravating when flicker strike can autotarget these ragdoll mobs. It's really hard to tell when exactly this crash occurs exactly, but my best guess is when you flicker into a large number of ragdolls that are underneath mobs, and then the game crashes (or maybe when the game spawns too many of these ragdolls in one zone?).

It also feels like the faster you move through maps, the more dramatic this issue becomes. Flicker strike moves very quickly, thus exasperating this issue to a point where it almost becomes unplayable. I see the ragdolls often when using other skills, but not nearly as much as when I play flicker. Seems like the game might send duplicate requests in spawning objects as you move quickly around in predictive mode and doesn't handle them correctly.

This is the one of the worst cases of it I saw while playing (the pots were also broken, but still stood). http://i.imgur.com/SOjfFRC.jpg

Playing on lockstep mode fixed this problem entirely for me (no ragdolls spawn), and had no more crashing after switching. Unfortunately, you're out of luck if you can't use lockstep.

Also worth noting, that zoning in and out of a zone will remove all statuesque ragdolls from it.

I'm curious if anyone is getting persistent crashes while using lockstep and flicker.

Might need some Jonathan time on this issue.

Thank you for your response. (GGG WHERE ARE YOU ? :/)

I will test with Locksted right now. I will give my feedback after. Thanks again GAGGED !

EDIT : 2 DRIED LAKE clean in 10minutes ^^ NO PROBLEM !!! I think it is THE solution !
Thanks again dude !!!
Last edited by Rom17rom on Jan 23, 2016, 11:56:28 AM
Having the same problem, I uploaded anoher bug with Blade Vortex + Gifts from above ring crash and also GGG doesn't reply...

That's two builds that crash in a row :D
Last edited by Antikristoff on Jan 25, 2016, 11:40:28 AM
I actually was able to reproduce xrook's theory that immobile and unkillable enemies that spawn are targeted by the flicker strike and crashes.

Let's expect any reply for GGG now...
"
Antikristoff wrote:
I actually was able to reproduce xrook's theory that immobile and unkillable enemies that spawn are targeted by the flicker strike and crashes.

I agree. I've been having this crash from time to time (only with Flicker Strike). And yes, it's likely to happen with that frozen-spawned-untargetable-static-mobs.
Also as I've been checking, some guys here have this problem and they have an AMD video card (as I do).
My friend got an NVIDIA card and NEVER had seen a "static-mob". May be some problem with AMD cards + Predictive "Newtworking Mode".
"The strong, hits heavier.
The smart, acts better.
The skillful, wonder forever.
The trickster? He does it all. At least, the people believe that he does."
Last edited by DiogoStone on Jan 30, 2016, 1:30:32 PM
"
DiogoStone wrote:
"
Antikristoff wrote:

I agree. I've been having this crash from time to time (only with Flicker Strike). And yes, it's likely to happen with that frozen-spawned-untargetable-static-mobs.
Also as I've been checking, some guys here have this problem and they have an AMD video card (as I do).
My friend got an NVIDIA card and NEVER had seen a "static-mob". May be some problem with AMD cards + Predictive "Newtworking Mode".

NVIDIA + predictive here and time to time crashes.
Last edited by Galll1 on Feb 1, 2016, 2:08:20 PM
bump. GGG ever gonna reply on whats going on with flicker strike and blade vortex plz?
bump.. GGG care to reply?

First I made a Blade Vortex character that disconnected when meeting "Cannot Die" Totems and a huge amount of monsters and lost auras while playing. Is this how the game is supposed to be?

Second I got tired of it and made a Flicker Strike and guess what it's even worse then Blade vortex, but it doesnt loose the auras?

Third. I'm using Spectral Throw now with Hatred and Herald of Ice and shit the FPS drop. my Computer is up to date with SSD HDD, new mobo, new ram , new graphic card.

I always thought it was my computer, but realized it's the game thats f....d up..

It's like the mathematical stuff in ur codes just sucks pretty much... When you gonna reply or fix?
Last edited by prilletime on Feb 4, 2016, 3:33:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info