Donald Trump

"
DalaiLama wrote:
Did he say it was bad? Unless I read his post wrong, he merely said if they win this election, they will continue winning elections.

Well, if people like Sadiq Khan keep winning, it won't be bad. I'm pretty sure the Democratic party won't be overrun by muslims any time soon. That was a weird point to make. Paranoid.

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
If anything, wonder why there is a two party system in first place.

Because people have different ideas. Parties come and go, and I am more surprised we don't have three or four parties. I was hoping this election cycle would make alternative candidates more viable, so the two parties couldn't just assume they were going to collect enough votes to win no matter what.

You have talked about the lack of compromise, but I think it's more a systemic issue. The game may be rigged in many ways. Many other countries generally have coalitions rather than two monolithic parties representing the right and the left.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on May 9, 2016, 9:45:58 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Well, if people like Sadiq Khan keep winning, it won't be bad.

Ill just quietly leave this here...

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/03/30/sadiq-khan-there-are-too-many-white-men-on-transport-for-lon
Oblivious
"
NeroNoah wrote:
If anything, wonder why there is a two party system increasingly going batshit in both directions in first place.

I know, keep jumping in on one liners, but I think part of this phenomenon, a part mind you, is that it is easier to tear down than to build up. It is easier to criticize other people's ideas, poke holes in them, to corrupt with faulty assumptions or mislabeled intentions; easier to do that than come up with an idea that is immune to the same techniques.

The real problem is, in some respects. we arnt even trying anymore to have well founded ideas, I mean what is the point, alex jones is going to do some originalist piece mischaracterizing the founding fathers and wrap up with some inanity about the idea which takes root and becomes the straw man to demonize and forms a meme, completely replacing any real discussion. I use alex jones as an example, but my point is that this and similar techniques are coming from all angles, from all levels.
Hey...is this thing on?
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Well, if people like Sadiq Khan keep winning, it won't be bad.

Ill just quietly leave this here...

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/03/30/sadiq-khan-there-are-too-many-white-men-on-transport-for-lon

aha, that click bait. 16 white men, 3 white women on the transport board, a push to jack public transport fees by his opponent which the board has embraced. A push by tory party to explain that 16 white men and 3 white women are 100% representative of the population in London. Not alex Jones technique described above at all, that title
Hey...is this thing on?
"
LostForm wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
If anything, wonder why there is a two party system increasingly going batshit in both directions in first place.
I know, keep jumping in on one liners, but I think part of this phenomenon, a part mind you, is that it is easier to tear down than to build up. It is easier to criticize other people's ideas, poke holes in them, to corrupt with faulty assumptions or mislabeled intentions; easier to do that than come up with an idea that is immune to the same techniques.
First off, no reasonable person expects immunity from criticism.

Second, it seems to me it's easier to build up than tear down. Democrat goes to Washington, builds up things, tears down nothing. Republican goes to Washington, builds up things, tears down nothing. If government programs are like objects, than the federal government is like one of those people you see on hoarding reality shows. Hundreds of elected representatives and they still can't pass a majority vote to take out the trash.

Talk is cheap. Poking holes in things verbally is irrelevant without the will to actually pick up the drill.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 10, 2016, 10:44:48 AM
I see what you did there scrotie, and I enjoyed it. kudos.

but you did straw man me there, criticism is not what I described. Of course be critical, but we are not being critical anymore, we are being alarmist and theatrical.

poking holes in things verbally to belay the need to pick up a drill, this is what I am describing, and it is all too effective.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 10, 2016, 10:47:23 AM
Well, my "occupation" of late has been dedicated "stay at home" dad, and I've found that berating the incredible volumes of kid-generated trash doesn't get it to animate and take itself to the dumpster. So I clean. A lot.

Although that is a pleasant fantasy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 10, 2016, 10:50:40 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, my "occupation" of late has been dedicated "stay at home" dad, and I've found that berating the incredible volumes of kid-generated trash doesn't get it to animate and take itself to the dumpster. Although that is a pleasant fantasy.

right but, what I am talking about would be you telling your kids that taking trash to the dumpster promotes terrorism, that black people win if you take that garbage out to the trash can, that founding father Thomas Jefferson wrote a paper, and it applies specifically to the ills of taking out trash making you less American if you take that trash out.

and if we go all the way here, 14% your kids' allowance now goes to air freshner surcharge because it is more American to just live with the trash, and the other 86% you just keep, cuz the next generation is ruining everything anyways.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 10, 2016, 10:57:46 AM
If you're a sensible person in a dirty house, you don't see those arguments as serious; you see them as bait. Their intent is to start a discussion so the people involved end up spending their time discussing instead of cleaning up the fucking trash.

Unfortunately, this is what half of the American electoral process has become. We spend two years (two!) discussing the most stupid, ridiculous arguments, giving them a false sense of importance they are nowhere close to deserving, because that distracts us from the fact that government isn't doing it's job. That's why we have a two-party system, because it best sets the stage for these types of distracting, waste-of-time spectacles.

That mess all ends with an inaugural speech where the newly appointed promise us "I will take out the trash," so we can have some time hoping that those who promised they'll do the job do the job, distracting us from the fact that government isn't doing it's job, and won't.

Now that I think about it, my 6-year-old may have a future in politics. He's already quite skilled at both distraction and empty promises, at least as far as chores are concerned. (He's actually very, very smart, I just wish he was a little less devious sometimes.)
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 10, 2016, 11:19:29 AM
(He's actually very, very smart, I just wish he was a little less devious sometimes.) fitting for a trump thread.

I agree with your post, well said. Some of it is excusable, can be passed as being critical, not knee jerk. But we have blown those bounds straight into inanity.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 10, 2016, 11:27:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info