Wither

I agree that the 3 spells together feel clunky, and with the rapid decay gem you are constantly spamming ED and Contagion and trying to get in a few seconds of Wither and then you end up with 1-2 mobs that split up and take a while to melt them down. I can't figure out what to link with Wither because of the way it functions, it feels like it should be a curse. I like the new ideas and am looking forward to new skills and new additions to the trees!

EDIT: I have added faster cast to wither, and am now using Increased AOE gems with Contagion + Wither. Also I am using Vulnerability. This makes my rotation go: Vulnerability, Contagion, Essence Drain, Wither. It is working beautifully on T5 maps. I like the MMO-style feel of using multiple skills in rotation rather than just left clicking until it dies.
Last edited by Squrl2 on Dec 14, 2015, 2:08:23 PM
Wither would be complete trash as a Curse; there's no way they let you have 140% Increased Damage Taken from a Curse (a x2.4 multiplier), plus it will be resisted by Bosses, and it will take up Curse slots. There's no benefit to making Wither a Curse.
I have been enjoying it so far as a super casual. I like playing a bit more complicated combo. I also think that contagion should stay a separate thing because it could allow GGG to create other chaos skills that have effects spread with contagion. It would be cool if there were 5 or 6 different skills that could be spread. Some would be mutually exclusive so you would have to choose which ones work the best together.
Ok.. but as some others here have already suggested, I think it should be made a support gem which spreads whatever chaos spell effect it is linked to.
Nah, I like playing a build that uses a lot of spells. There is plenty of one button boredom in the game already.
Does not work with Cast When Damage Taken support gem. Essence Drain does not either, but I saw that it was planned to make it so essence drain would work with trigger gems but they had to work out some kinks with the debuff working properly in that scenario. Is it a similar issue with Wither and are you planning to allow Wither to be used with trigger supports?

I had hoped to use a low level CWDT gem to trigger Wither since it does no damage itself, and it would be handy even with a single stack to slow enemies down.
I just don't notice the damage bonus from wither at all. I see the movement speed effect, which is fine and all, but I just don't see a damage increase on my essence drain DOT. I've got it on a spell totem, and I rarely even have time to cast it before I kill all the mobs. On bosses all it seems to do is slow them down a bit.

Maybe if you doubled the amount of damage increased it might be noticeable?
Does Wither work with the life gain on spellhit from Cybil's ? Could be interesting..

Can't really comment on the usefulness so far, essence drain with a lot of projectile speed and pierce + cont are enough for trash.

I'm going for a "stopwatch" build with temporal chains aura+abyssal cry+wither..let's see how it works out later.

P.S.: The int requirement is too damn high !
"
Unhold wrote:
Does Wither work with the life gain on spellhit from Cybil's ? Could be interesting..

Debuffs do not Hit, so, no.
"
Squrl wrote:
Also I am using Vulnerability. This makes my rotation go: Vulnerability, Contagion, Essence Drain, Wither. It is working beautifully on T5 maps. I like the MMO-style feel of using multiple skills in rotation rather than just left clicking until it dies.

I prefer Temp Chains, since I'd rather slow the mobs more and add to my survivability (and it's cool watching mobs be slowed) than have a little bit of increased damage that just tacks onto what Wither gives anyway..

Just to clarify, the duration on the damage debuff is 0.50 seconds, right? (Is the 2 seconds the duration of the Hinder effect?)
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 18, 2015, 2:30:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info