Essence Drain

gmp and echo lowers your output by a shitload

poison on ed works but i dont even wanna use it right now as it calculates not just the hit but the over time damage which is hopefully fixed soon.. why does it take so long?
"
Giniyo wrote:
gmp and echo lowers your output by a shitload

poison on ed works but i dont even wanna use it right now as it calculates not just the hit but the over time damage which is hopefully fixed soon.. why does it take so long?

It does yes (i was looking on LMP rather than GPM tho as GMP less dmg is rather big)
However with a massive tree duration of 95% and almost 100% increased damage over time as well as the 125% increased poison and the increased 130% chaos damage even without the bugged poisoned ED you are still looking at a massive increase of poison damage.

This is without counting the double dipping of projectile damage.

I'm pretty sure we are looking at some high damage.
"
Giniyo wrote:

That's not what happens though. Essence Drain has a modifier that makes Spell Damage apply to all Damage over Time dealt via ED, and as such Spell Damage modifiers will also apply to Poison. Not a bug, just strong.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Giniyo wrote:

That's not what happens though. Essence Drain has a modifier that makes Spell Damage apply to all Damage over Time dealt via ED, and as such Spell Damage modifiers will also apply to Poison. Not a bug, just strong.

See previous response, i think Rory also believe there is something wrong.
Also the description is not as you said :"Modifiers to Spell Damage also apply to this skill's Damage Over Time"
So modifier to spell damage applies to ED but should not apply to the attached poison which is not technicaly "this" skill damage over time but a separate effect

Edit : it was Chris
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3xalys/109_gb_patch/cy30i30

Edit2 : after reading again the main question, i'm not sure this applies for ED.
Last edited by Melpheos on Dec 22, 2015, 9:06:59 AM
"
Zoroch wrote:
There are times when it's more efficient (middle size groups) and times where it isn't (very large and dense groups and single target). The combo is also more efficient solo due to lower health totals whereas the poison scaling is handy for higher health enemies. It depends on what you want out of it.

Choices are always good, of course. The point is that not using its synergy may be more efficient in most situations calls for some tweaking. Cast speed, projectile speed, AoE could all quite easily be addressed.
"
Melpheos wrote:
Also the description is not as you said :"Modifiers to Spell Damage also apply to this skill's Damage Over Time"
So modifier to spell damage applies to ED but should not apply to the attached poison which is not technicaly "this" skill damage over time but a separate effect

...It's not a separate effect, otherwise modifiers on Essence Drain wouldn't affect it at all, including the Poison Damage bonus from the Poison Support :/
Poison Arrow is entirely unrelated.

Regardless, quoting from the latest News post:
"if Poison is linked to a Spell, does "increased spell damage" also increase poison damage? (double dipping on degeneration)?
[..]
No, unless the skill has a modifier that makes "spell damage" modifiers apply as "spell damage or damage over time" modifiers, such as Essence Drain"
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 22, 2015, 9:47:40 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Melpheos wrote:

...It's not a separate effect, otherwise modifiers on Essence Drain wouldn't affect it at all, including the Poison Damage bonus from the Poison Support :/
Poison Arrow is entirely unrelated.

Regardless, quoting from the latest News post:
"if Poison is linked to a Spell, does "increased spell damage" also increase poison damage? (double dipping on degeneration)?
[..]
No, unless the skill has a modifier that makes "spell damage" modifiers apply as "spell damage or damage over time" modifiers, such as Essence Drain"

Looks like GGG fixed something regarding poison support applied to ED (and other chaos dealing skills)
"
Melpheos wrote:
Looks like GGG fixed something regarding poison support applied to ED (and other chaos dealing skills)

what i've mentioned about cloud/ED DoT being calculated into the poison DoT
Point Blank doesn't seem to work with ED, is that intended.
"
justsomedude wrote:
Point Blank doesn't seem to work with ED, is that intended.

It should work for the initial impact.
If by test you definitely sees that it does not you should raise the issue to GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info