Contagion

Not strong enough to be a standalone skill and only benefits Essence Drain as a combo skill.

A simple addition like (bino's) spreading poison stacks would make this skill actually interesting for anyone not playing Essence Drain.
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
Last edited by Maceless on Oct 28, 2016, 9:17:41 PM
does % inc area dmg strengthen the aoe of contagion too?

for example: I add 20 % inc aeo on my tree
hit a mob group with contagion
shoot Essence drain
and the aoe-dmg-dot is 20% more ?

ty!
Guild "Metal" /// league + standard /// NO voice-chat necessary
that was the answer somewhere else:

Radius of Area skills and Area Damage are two different stats. % inc area damage will increase the damage dealt by Contagion, but not the radius of it. %inc radius of area skills will increase the size of your contagion, but not the damage it deals. %inc area damage will increase the damage that Contagion does, but it will not scale the damage Essence Drain does, since ED does not have an AOE tag.
Guild "Metal" /// league + standard /// NO voice-chat necessary
I am a lvl 93 Champion Ess Drain/Contagion Tank.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1766555

Ess Drain should boost the AOE Area Circle of contagion by 40-60%, again, to keep up with other insane clear speed builds that clear 300-500% faster than I do. Or at least reduce the enemies chaos resist by 20%.

This would make the Ess Drain/Contagion combo boost the usefulness of Contagion even more by increasing the AOE Area Circle, or reducing enemy chaos resistance, as there are very little other ways to do this, which is extremely important.
Last edited by TheIronBankofBraavos on Nov 23, 2016, 11:11:13 PM
With the release of more chaos skills, are there any plans for making Contagion interact with more than just ED?
After the big AOE nerf of 2.6, does this skill feel a lot worse for anyone else? especially for leveling? My legacy HC char that I ripped with used this skill and I think it is harder to get big ed/contagion chains. With such a crappy radius now, the combo is just much less efficient. Definitely not using this to level again.
Last edited by pathofnogf on Mar 7, 2017, 11:24:57 AM
"
pathofnogf wrote:
After the big AOE nerf of 2.6, does this skill feel a lot worse for anyone else? especially for leveling? My legacy HC char that I ripped with used this skill and I think it is harder to get big ed/contagion chains. With such a crappy radius now, the combo is just much less efficient. Definitely not using this to level again.

Echoing this. The small boost to base contagion didn't nearly offset the aoe changes and the huge relative nerf to the increased aoe gem, which is basically mandatory for contagion.

If ANY skill deserves to get flat radius per X levels, it's contagion. Same goes for any skill that has a tiny base radius and gets basically nothing as it levels like wither and abyssal cry.
I think mana and life leech support gems should work with contagion. I see no reasen why they shouldn't.
"
Zoddo wrote:
I think mana and life leech support gems should work with contagion. I see no reasen why they shouldn't.

Leech only works on Hits, it's an on-Hit effect. Contagion doesn't Hit, it only deals Damage over Time.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Zoddo wrote:

Leech only works on Hits, it's an on-Hit effect. Contagion doesn't Hit, it only deals Damage over Time.

From the WIKI:
"
Mana Leech is a support gem. Skills supported by this gem will leech mana back to the player, based on how much damage they deal.

Unlike most sources of mana leech that only count physical damage, the leech from this gem considers all damage types when determining how much mana the caster will gain. However, it will work on damage over time effects.

According to this description it should work. Also the description of Mana Leech Support doesn't say anything about 'hits' it symply states "2% of Damage Leeched as Mana".

This just strenghens my argument that it actually should work.
Last edited by Zoddo on Apr 27, 2017, 1:52:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info