Contagion

Currently playing an Occultist essence drain contagion build, I am having issues where I'm not seeing my contagion spread to targets nearby because the chaos explosion that happens with the occultist ascendancy. This feels terrible because I'm not having contagion spread the way it should, it should spread from the damage of the chaos explosion too otherwise it will kill mobs around it and not spread the contagion at all.

Completely makes witch which you'd assume would be the essence drain contagions best option other than shadow, somewhat useless.

Now I'm not saying it doesn't work at all, it still spreads but it's inconsistent.

I am level 88 playing on hardcore perandus.
yep yep its broken again :(
GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!
BUMP
Hello there, I have a simple question I haven't yet found an answer too.

Does increased aoe only increase the radius of the initial contagion, or also the radius of the spead effect ?

thx.
ign: UpForJava
"
Upforsale wrote:
Hello there, I have a simple question I haven't yet found an answer too.

Does increased aoe only increase the radius of the initial contagion, or also the radius of the spead effect ?
Both
Where is the fix? Essence Drain Contagion bugged since release. Is just one person involved in solving such a problem in your headquarters?
Any word on whether the interaction with profane bloon is going to get fixed? Would be nice to know, cause if not, we can go ahead and spec out of profane bloom right now, cause it completely breaks the point of contagion.
This is a really weird skill. It purports to be a DOT skill, but that isn't really the point of it, as the DOT is too low for that. Rather, it's an offensive support skill, designed to spread the pain of existing debuffs over a large area.

Now I like the idea of a proliferation skill - instead of trying to make your original debuff hit a lot of things, you have this alternative option of spreading the debuff on death. The problem is, Contagion only spreads the debuff from one other skill: Essence Drain. It strikes me as bad design to make a skill that only supports one specific other skill, as it adds little to build diversity.

Suggestion:
- Get rid of the DOT, because you'll probably use another skill to kill victims anyway
- Make Contagion spread a much wider range of debuffs on death. Curses are an obvious place to start. Maim and Hinder work too. Poison is problematic due to the stacking, but maybe there's some implementation that wouldn't be too OP (e.g. it could proliferate, but at only 10% effectiveness). Bleed doesn't have the stacking problem, but it could also run into balance issues similar to ignite proliferation, so again maybe it should spread with reduced effectiveness. Elemental status ailment proliferation is not happening because it overlaps too much with the support gem, and Contagion's radius is too massive to make freeze/shock proliferation balanced.

Last edited by 0xF on Aug 23, 2016, 5:52:59 AM
"
NetherPrime wrote:
Currently playing an Occultist essence drain contagion build, I am having issues where I'm not seeing my contagion spread to targets nearby because the chaos explosion that happens with the occultist ascendancy. This feels terrible because I'm not having contagion spread the way it should, it should spread from the damage of the chaos explosion too otherwise it will kill mobs around it and not spread the contagion at all.

Completely makes witch which you'd assume would be the essence drain contagions best option other than shadow, somewhat useless.

Now I'm not saying it doesn't work at all, it still spreads but it's inconsistent.

I am level 88 playing on hardcore perandus.

This is a buff!! haha I respect my char to shadow fk witch xd

Better do it now b4 its too late
IGN:_T_H_A_N_A_T_O_S_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info