Shrapnel Shot

1. Cone gets the same Conversion as the arrow.
2. It's the exact same stat -> they're added together, you get one roll for Double Damage.
I actually tried a shrapnel shot build to see the limit, pathfinder, CI, using lioneye's glare, elemental overload, point blank and whole lot of flask, similar to HoWA style, it's OK I guess.

Damage can be really high, you have situational damage boost all over the place, shrapnel shot itself has a double damage cone,guaranteed double damage from 2 threshold jewels, point blank 50% more close range, vinktar flask shock, maloney's nightfall quiver up to 60% increased damage against blinded enemy by using smoke flask (really hard to find a phys to lightning corrupted maloney quiver tho, that's why chose pathfinder, to use conversion vinktar to get 100% conversion reliably), ele overload

The clearing speed is the prblm, it is similar to HoWA, but HoWA attack from a distance and quite safe, this skill you need to be kind of melee range, can't kill all the mobs because some of them will be behind you, that slow things down.Being close range also brings a second prblm, stun, unlike HoWA, you don't have the option not using stun immunity with this skill . And third prblm is visual confirmation about the cone is bad, you can't see how much area you are covering, not like xxx nova or flame blast, it's annoying sometimes. Another thing is nowhere to buy shrapnel shot enchanted hubris circlet, no one keeps them.

I think this skill better to be used as a single target for lightning arrow, the build will be socket heavy but the damage is rewarding. That's why I think GGG should make shrapnel shot 50% phys to lightning conversion, that way a lightning arrow build can use it straight away, don't have to find a particular corrupted quiver.
Last edited by TravisL on Apr 20, 2017, 8:18:38 PM
I definitely agree with the above in making it a full 50% (or 60%) to lightning conversion. I honestly think even that small change would make the skill much more appealing. I don't really understand why it's only 40% in the first place, it seems so odd, and doesn't really fit well into any current conversions one could go. Phys to Lightning is 50%, the cold nodes by ranger are 40%, Signal Fire 50%, etc. One idea could be changing the threshold jewels to add some conversion as well.

I also do like the idea someone posted earlier of buffing its damage while reducing attack speed, as well as making the cone aoe bigger per level.
Last edited by tachiKC on Jan 22, 2018, 1:36:23 AM
Anyone know if the specific wording on Chin Sol "100% More Damage with Arrow Hits at Close Range" means that the ability will not apply to the AoE portion of Shrapnel Shot?

Kinda seeing some inconsistent damage and wondering if I'm grossly over-estimating the double damage + point blank + Chin Sol 100% more effect on the cone.
Isn't time yet to change the title for Galvanic Arrow?
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Will Galvanic Arrow get a little bit more love in 3.10? I seem to have the only somewhat viable GA Main Skill build in MHC, using no complementary skills, such as lighting arrow.
I really love the feel of the reworked Shrapnel Shot, but I can suggest this:

-Make "fires x additional Arrows" dependant on Gem Level.
1-10 x=1, 11-20 x=2, 21-n x=3.
That would be awesome for min-maxing the build and give lvl.21 Gems a
meaningful Upgrade to the Build.

-Bump the Effectiveness of Base Attack Damage slightly and ditch the 50% phys
to lightning conversion.
This would allow the Skill to be more flexible in its' elemental Damage Type
and therefore more apt for diverse damage scaling.

Perhaps People may also show a little more interest in the Skill with some sleek
Skill Effect MTX out there *wink wink*...
Thanks for reading and big thx for fixing Server stability in my Region btw:P

Why has this not yet been renamed? Hello? GGG? Are you still there?

On another note: absolutely useless skill in its current design. There is NO benefit nowadays of using it over Lightning Arrow.

Clear: worse and clunkier
Single target with barrage: way worse (shocks from LA are just stronger)

This needs a buff or a rework.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Sep 2, 2021, 8:42:38 AM
I've tried out Shrap... Galvanic Arrow a few times now and my conclusion is the following: what a weird skill in its current form.

The 50 % conversion on it combined with the added lightning damage is in my opinion very awkward. It just feels like a bad Lightning Arrow version.
The mechanic of the AoE field is a very good idea, but this also leads to awkward questions when trying to build around GA. It's really hard to see the actual range of the AoE. Also, when building into Projectile Speed, the AoE gets bigger, but the projectiles shot travel much further than the AoE. Now, do you take Far Shot? No. Do you take Point Blank? Maybe. Do you take both to snipe weak mobs from a distance? Maybe.
But all these thought processes are not necessary; just take LA over GA.
Last edited by groink19 on Jan 21, 2023, 12:10:07 PM
I am confounded, why did Galvanic Arrow of Energy even get made? Why is it the ONLY bow attack in the game that doesn't scale with projectile numbers? I know it doesn't have 'projectiles', but Rain of Arrows and Blast Rain already kind of blur this line, and things like Toxic Rain and Caustic Arrow scale projectile damage on their DoT effects for balance reasons.

Galvanic Arrow of Energy - Does not work with Point Blank, does not increase with Projectile Damage, does not increase with Projectile Attack Damage, *CAN BE* supported by Point Blank, although it does nothing... It's so NOT A PROJECTILE that you cant even trigger Focused Ballista with the skill!

Why isn't it just a trap base-line, seeing as you literally cannot go anywhere else with the skill functionally? Actually, why use it for a trap anyway, seeing as old Shrapnel Shot (nice thread name by the way) had a Threshold Jewel that gave it really fantastic base damage that the new version, well... doesn't have.

Obviously, I'm posting this here hoping that there is just a bug/oversight at work, 'cause as it currently stands this is the most restrictive (and possibly under-tuned) skill in the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info