[2.1] Dbum's Blade Vortex SuperTank [Block, MoM, EB, GR, Cybil's] HC Viable **Video Added**

dbum are u using any curses anymore? u took warlocks mark out? also when do u plan on going mom

also my dps is only 442 at 55 is that normal the damage isn't that great I'm 4 linked atm
Last edited by fioreskater22 on Dec 15, 2015, 12:18:08 PM
Updates:
Damage is feeling much better. Once I get my BV to 18 I'm going to try Atziri, but I've already knocked out plenty of T10-13 maps including a double boss Courtyard with it.

With the Temp Chains nerf I'm looking to fix my links. I'm thinking either Enfeeble to keep a defensive curse (better for HC I imagine) or Poacher's Mark (for more flask charges for more Taste of Hate/Atziri's Promise, plus additional frenzy generation). I don't really like Warlord's Mark because I don't need more leech, but I imagine that Endurance Charges are also solid.

I've slotted Bloodrage and it's amazing. No idea why I didn't use this on Incinerate. Frenzy charges are awesome. Considering swapping to Kraityn for Act 3.
"
d3sden0va wrote:
Spoiler
Updates:
Damage is feeling much better. Once I get my BV to 18 I'm going to try Atziri, but I've already knocked out plenty of T10-13 maps including a double boss Courtyard with it.

With the Temp Chains nerf I'm looking to fix my links. I'm thinking either Enfeeble to keep a defensive curse (better for HC I imagine) or Poacher's Mark (for more flask charges for more Taste of Hate/Atziri's Promise, plus additional frenzy generation). I don't really like Warlord's Mark because I don't need more leech, but I imagine that Endurance Charges are also solid.

I've slotted Bloodrage and it's amazing. No idea why I didn't use this on Incinerate. Frenzy charges are awesome. Considering swapping to Kraityn for Act 3.

Blood rage or even just a frenzy attack (it is just making one melee attack between spamming BV) are much better ideas that poacher mark. Remember that your spell hits doesn't count for this curse.

Endurance charges are also much easier to sustain with enduring cry.

Blade vortex still damage everyone around even when we stop casting so it's good to use that.

For curse use either tempora chains (still good choice, even after nerf) enfeeble, like you considered or elemental weakness - bulk of our dmg is elemental... but do we really need more ?
i'D sujjest that you post some videos of this build in action mate.
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
Spoiler

Blood rage or even just a frenzy attack (it is just making one melee attack between spamming BV) are much better ideas that poacher mark. Remember that your spell hits doesn't count for this curse.

Blade vortex still damage everyone around even when we stop casting so it's good to use that.

For curse use either tempora chains (still good choice, even after nerf) enfeeble, like you considered or elemental weakness - bulk of our dmg is elemental... but do we really need more ?

I don't know where I'd socket a Frenzy, but I thought about it. Bloodrage is more than enough charge generation for most trash though, there's just no way to use it on bosses it seems. Frenzy would work if I could find a socket, maybe just resocket Blood Rage for Frenzy where it matters.

Chains is still fine for the build, I was just exploring other options. Still not sure whether I like Chains or Enfeeble more. Ele Weakness seems like overkill. Also is it better than Vulnerability?
"
d3sden0va wrote:
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't know where I'd socket a Frenzy, but I thought about it. Bloodrage is more than enough charge generation for most trash though, there's just no way to use it on bosses it seems. Frenzy would work if I could find a socket, maybe just resocket Blood Rage for Frenzy where it matters.

Chains is still fine for the build, I was just exploring other options. Still not sure whether I like Chains or Enfeeble more. Ele Weakness seems like overkill. Also is it better than Vulnerability?

In Vulnerability description we see that it "Curses all targets in an area, making them take increased damage from physical attacks and degeneration". Thus I didn't check if it works. If it does, it might also be good one. But still, if you have anything apart hatred and herald of ash, like added fire dmg gem or some conversion in your gear/gems you get more than 100% of your physical dmg as elemental. Curses change the amount of physical dmg they take, and not your base so it doesn't affect these conversions and gains.
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
Spoiler
"
d3sden0va wrote:
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

In Vulnerability description we see that it "Curses all targets in an area, making them take increased damage from physical attacks and degeneration". Thus I didn't check if it works. If it does, it might also be good one. But still, if you have anything apart hatred and herald of ash, like added fire dmg gem or some conversion in your gear/gems you get more than 100% of your physical dmg as elemental. Curses change the amount of physical dmg they take, and not your base so it doesn't affect these conversions and gains.

Ah yeah, you're right. Well the curse changes got reverted, so it's back to my 20/20 Temp Chains.

Also, Atziri Down! Y'ara'az killed me once with his thorns, but I swapped in a Ruby Flask of Staunching for the fight (for thorns and for the bleed from Q'ura). I opted for Y'ara'az, then A'alai, and Q'ura last, so basically the normal order, but A'alai second. The rest of the fights were pretty easy. Damage was still lower than Incinerate, but that's to be expected (I was running slower projectiles 21/20 incinerate vs level 18 Blade Vortex, so that's not surprising). That said, each level of Blade Vortex has been a lot of damage, so a 21/20 BV should be pretty impressive damage. We'll see once I get there...
"
Bonifatsiy wrote:
i'D sujjest that you post some videos of this build in action mate.

Well about that, I am working with my phone internet (verizon) so I am limited to 12g up and down load per month.

With that said I will work on getting a couple vids together. Depending on upload size will determine how in depth I go and length of videos.

"
fioreskater22 wrote:
dbum are u using any curses anymore? u took warlocks mark out? also when do u plan on going mom

also my dps is only 442 at 55 is that normal the damage isn't that great I'm 4 linked atm

Currently I just switched to a cwdt tempest shield curse on hit enfeeble gona see how it works.

Also been waiting for a es shield to go MoM, I just bought one and now am at 1300es so will go mom asap when i get the points

about the damage, it starts to ramp up at higher gem levels. Also tool tip does not do this skill justice at all.
IGN @Dbum
Last edited by dbum on Dec 15, 2015, 8:42:58 PM
Ok fellas I switched to MoM, and OMG the SuperTank is in action!

Current lvl 79 Gear/Tree

Lvl 79 Tree

I will try to get a showcase video together this weekend when I have more time. During the week I only play for about 3 hours or so.
IGN @Dbum
"
dbum wrote:
Ok fellas I switched to MoM, and OMG the SuperTank is in action!

Current lvl 79 Gear/Tree

Lvl 79 Tree

I will try to get a showcase video together this weekend when I have more time. During the week I only play for about 3 hours or so.

whats ur es at? I'm lvl 62 at what level should I spec to mom eb /gr and what should be my min amount of es to do so that will support everything including hoa/aa/hatred

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info