2.1.0 Content Update and Talisman League Deployment Timeline!

I don't see any update on Ice Spear ?! WTH guys ?!

One of the most damaged spell casters on the realm.

Please double check their ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBILITY to kill normally the boss on act4.
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Please fix the ICE SPEAR irrelevant damage on Malachi please.
This is outrageous - lvl 90 Ice spear clean caster to die 30 times on Malachi.
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
"
Durentis wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
World of Warcraft has a quick "Show Helm" button for you to toggle on and off. Since we've already paid for the helm/head effect, why should we have to pay for vanishing dye?

My thoughts exactly. I've been asking for a toggle for helmets for years.

This reminds me of the Move skill taking a slot in the skill bar instead of just being a hotkey binding. I was grateful for the ability to move without clicking, yet I still don't know why it was elevated to the level of Active Skill. Imagine if the ability to click on open terrain to move were disabled because movement had to take a skill slot? Is it a skill to find open terrain in a flood of mobs and VFX? Anyway, I digress somewhat into a long-standing disagreement in UX design.

I do think the vanishing dye (rather than a toggle) is consistent and reasonable within GGG's laudable MTX model, but what I haven't seen (and I may have missed it) is how it actually functions. Is it a reclaimable effect (I hope!) such that we need to buy one per item we wish to vanish simultaneously or is it consumable (yuck) like skin transfers. If the latter, I have the same feelings as when MTX were initially all to be consumable.. that I would be disinclined to apply it to items as I level or to swap items that I have applied it to (a reason GGG gives against item set bonuses). Both reasons would keep me from buying them (despite having 10.66k points remaining) as I won't buy skin transfers, yet both vanishing and skin transferring are very desirable features to me.

In my opinion, vanishing dye and skin transfer both should be non-consumable, or at least have a non-consumable counterpart. Best, would be one-time purchases to each unlock the ability to toggle visibility and the ability to transfer/revert skin transfers. These could be in addition to their consumable counterparts if priced within reasonable reach of the general player base.

Anyway, extremely excited about starting into the 2.1.0 content over the holidays! Will be looking into designing my second Unique at long last. :)

Well said, and perfectly reasonable request. Hopefully GGG are working on this.
Wow, actually good timing for me. I don't get home from work until 6pm GMT -5, and this is happening at 4pm my time, and went down just 45 minutes ago and back up now for the patch. Thanks GGG for the lucky coincidence in timing! :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I'm downloading patch!

1.5gb.

14 minutes, and GO!
My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)
Already downloaded patch. It won't let me play though, because "the server is down for maintenance".
Words cannot express how excited I am. I took a week break from PoE just to get hyped for the new leagues!
//go next
patch downloaded in 10 minutes, login servers were still down on restart, i took the chance to get a beer, when i returned and started the game there are already 1k people ahead of me in the queue.

with 1h to go....

looks like an interesting league.
Really looking forward to doing this, however can only start tomorrow after work, looking forward to seeing how lucky i get with drops & survivability, please let the RNG gods be good to me lol
IGN: The_Nutcase
We have to wait 1h....

My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info