[2.1] Talisman CI/life viper strike build

Hi Guys,

I've come up with CI viper strike build for talisman league, below is the build link:
Thanks to therealjcool for helping in optimizing it!

CI tree recommended by ProjectPT (witch start):

Life based variant (cheap gear requirement):

Leveling skill trees:

Hightlights:

173% max. life
5.6% life regen (so you can run permanent blood rage without life flask support)
7 frenzy charges (including Kraityn reward), 4 power charges
Iron reflex (cause evasion is little bit risky atm in end game)

The gem link setup:

weapon - cast when damage taken + warlord's mark + summon ice golem
helm - spectral throw + gmp + power charge on critical + culling strike
chest - viper strike + melee splash + multistrike + melee physical damage + increased critical damage
boots - enduring cry + grace + purity of lightning (lightning coil)/ arctic armor + tempest shield
gloves - increased duration + vaal grace + immortal call + blood rage
shield - whirling blades + blood magic + fortify

Bandits:
CI: kill all - kill all - alira (power charge)
Life: oak (life) - kill all - Kraityn (frenzy charge)

Very good link to check the survivabilty with different items and armor rating, use this to fine tune your gear for end-game (thanks to therealjcool):

https://jsfiddle.net/1qpx41wm/2/embedded/result/

Non-crit claw build:

Dual wield crit build (thanks to therealjcool):

Spoiler

http://www.exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_df0mlYRvYeLUQlVLtUiMNutjidMRLzY9cFKdqioLbIxd8mKsDki0xRGWtzDC7Azy2-eQGwce6FoFtaXLRwZwVpUuJogGcI2_8uHYdpoT8NVOn1FHY0O5PtvUSVF6fz7P51QwfKxmveYk_Y19LOH_3iP2feNNkqOK7g6xs_zFDHMbrQ2NlWYEsVuvh3YV9gOHexQUdU4q459iedN-GNtM_0p9AAYAXn11dPFDMRmO_roppdrBV5fDM-2DdO0LwVoaCC4FLWBBeu9jcL6nZU29Nkd-hNk=

Bandits: kill all - kill all - alira (power charges)

Recommended item:
Deaths' hand (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Death's_Hand) [With this item you'll generate power charges easily and will not need the power charge on crit combo]

Items not needed, but can make it more fun:
Ming's hearth (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ming's_Heart) + Kaom's roots (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kaom's_Roots) [Use them together to counter the life loss from ming's heart]
Southbound (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Southbound) [If trying this, run hatred to freeze monsters on crit]

P.S. I would recommend going life variant of the build, as CI will get pretty expensive gearing up.

Thanks!
Last edited by Tereng on Dec 10, 2015, 9:41:09 AM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 5:56:50 AM
Theoricrafting something with viper strike:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6t1_bTRJpUki4Rv4tXIDGHiwzrtQXaCVUuJ4Ju1Iuq1SIw25liExejWLVWJ05MfBbUWqnBSSRMGcMLsjb890SoLTp-0xVFHBX1d8np_Yqzb5zfUMHwOSGyMbAhHBu0_jX0Rlrcwnarxith2I_aQGwceFAm5Plb1TZKjinBWlS4Tbaxm2275Y-4OmhPw1SaILOGX0JS4_MXb1I_6SVF9446KG617FA2NXECHdhX2h8tUveOfYnmnmxXtSn0ABnWelovPFdW5myYyAbIZz3o=

Skill:
VS - multistrike - splash - fortify - faster attack - crit dmg
Vulnerability as aura
... else as you please

Equip:
2x Bino
Maligaro gloves (acuity if aviable)
2x Mings Heart
Death Oat / Cherrubim
else rares
Last edited by 0Nemesis on Dec 8, 2015, 8:08:45 AM
"
Theoricrafting something with viper strike:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6t1_bTRJpUki4Rv4tXIDGHiwzrtQXaCVUuJ4Ju1Iuq1SIw25liExejWLVWJ05MfBbUWqnBSSRMGcMLsjb890SoLTp-0xVFHBX1d8np_Yqzb5zfUMHwOSGyMbAhHBu0_jX0Rlrcwnarxith2I_aQGwceFAm5Plb1TZKjinBWlS4Tbaxm2275Y-4OmhPw1SaILOGX0JS4_MXb1I_6SVF9446KG617FA2NXECHdhX2h8tUveOfYnmnmxXtSn0ABnWelovPFdW5myYyAbIZz3o=

Skill:
VS - multistrike - splash - fortify - faster attack - crit dmg
Vulnerability as aura
... else as you please

Equip:
2x Bino
Maligaro gloves (acuity if aviable)
2x Mings Heart
Death Oat / Cherrubim
else rares

Your tree looks good dps wise, but is little bit low on defenses. It will get really hard to progress in high tier maps where mobs can one shot easily. I have modified the tree with dual wield in mind, sacrificing some of the dps (not much), with good survivability. Tree highlights are:

173% max. life
5.6% life regen (so you can run permanent blood rage without life flask support)
6 frenzy charges, 4 power charges
Iron reflex (cause evasion is little bit risky atm in end game)

http://www.exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_D6smlW1sYeI2PbVI7LBVS52qjAuMNmyMuXyJ02KscFK0xSoLwuwM8tvnXfIFtaXLRwYOSAZwjb_y4fb82HYRlk6fUUdjQ6c0uT6QGwceen8-z-dUMHysZnBWlS695iT9jX0s4ZoT8NX_3iP2fePb1ElRTZKjiu4O73r8xdN-DY0AXn11W6-HdhX2GY7-uhR1459iee2DGNtKfQAGCC508ZuNKaUhYECgLIV671oaBS107drBQzFXlwvBYEG-p7CrZU3Egr02ivBHfulGhNm3MOhaJog=

Let me know what you think.
Last edited by Tereng on Dec 8, 2015, 10:57:26 AM
My main reactions from looking at first post are:
1. CI would be really tough given 4/5 off colors in chest piece and off colors almost everywhere else
2. Seems pretty crazy tanky so I would probably dial it back a bit as softcore player, though good sustain is never bad, right?

Think this will be good for fighting Rigwald? I definitely want something I can use to solo bosses. Maybe you can swap out I'm excited about trying VS-based build, but leery of it sucking again, just like the last time we all got excited about running VS-based builds. Was that 2.0?

I'm going to make a similar tree, but without going all the way south to IR and see how it turns out.
I'll try mine with a shadow in talisman challange, if it's too squeeshy I'll try the tankier version with a ranger lv88 that i've ready in standard...
"
STRiCK9 wrote:
My main reactions from looking at first post are:
1. CI would be really tough given 4/5 off colors in chest piece and off colors almost everywhere else
2. Seems pretty crazy tanky so I would probably dial it back a bit as softcore player, though good sustain is never bad, right?

Think this will be good for fighting Rigwald? I definitely want something I can use to solo bosses. Maybe you can swap out I'm excited about trying VS-based build, but leery of it sucking again, just like the last time we all got excited about running VS-based builds. Was that 2.0?

I'm going to make a similar tree, but without going all the way south to IR and see how it turns out.

Ya CI for sure is kind a difficult to get off colors. CI will get pretty exp., I will also go with the life variant posted up. I am also going for viper strike for similar reason, it is a good boss killer :). Let's see how the melee splash rework will perform for aoe, hoping it would work out pretty good!

Ya I have put a bit more points to make it tankier so it'll be easier lvling past 85, as the high end maps are pretty rippy :(. This is also one of the reasons for going IR, cause evasion kind a sucks right now, if you fail to evade a hit in high lvl maps you're gonna be one shotted!!
Last edited by Tereng on Dec 8, 2015, 10:32:54 AM
"
0Nemesis wrote:
I'll try mine with a shadow in talisman challange, if it's too squeeshy I'll try the tankier version with a ranger lv88 that i've ready in standard...

Cool, if you need any suggestions for your tree, post it up here, I'll be glad to help however I can.
Alright, I like it. And you could always swap in Life Leech and/or Double Strike for bosses if VS/Melee Splash doesn't cut it, though virtually all boss encounters have adds now.
Do you think Multistrike's ability to apply more debuffs outweighs the less, larger debuffs you would get without it?
Also, so you think you'll be able to sustain with Warlord's? I think you probably will.
I put together a non-crit Scion VS build but it's probably garbage since you won't be chaining as many applications of poison as if you were going crit-based with Adder's Touch.

Spoiler

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAF4DhwOWBbUGcAceCC4Mcw5ID6sRLxGWE20UCRXtFr8ZjhutI_YkiyaIJpUqOCsKMHwxnjWSNdY2PTrhOyhFCkkTSVFKyE2STeNOn1FHVL1VS1xAXfJfsGBDYeJirGyMbj1vnnWedoJ6f3vDfXWC5IMJhMWHy4ngiq-NfY2_j_qQEZMflS6VZpaLmyabjZu1naqjiqZXpzSnm7GztMW00bVItzC-gL68wJzC7MM6yAzKSs8V037Vudi94tXjhOZY6NbrY-1B7YPw1fJF9Mb-Cv6P_ro=

I heard the Acrobatics area isn't as great as it used to be so I left it out in order to go further in to the Ranger tree. Otherwise, you could get Acrobatics and fill in the Revenge of the Hunted area.

Stats
Spoiler
+85 to Strength
+225 to Dexterity
+70 to Intelligence
+90 to maximum Mana
+134.5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 56
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
4% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
4% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
4% More Damage per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
46% increased Attack Speed
34% increased Melee Physical Damage
+18% to Fire Resistance
+18% to Cold Resistance
+3 Jewel Socket
+18% to Lightning Resistance
11% increased Cast Speed
12% increased Movement Speed
103% increased Physical Damage
+10 to Armour
24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
+18% to all Elemental Resistances
159% increased maximum Life
145% increased Chaos Damage
+20% to Chaos Resistance
Life Leech applies instantly. Life Regeneration has no effect.
99% increased Damage over Time
40% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
5% increased Skill Effect Duration
+5 Life gained on Kill
8% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
97% increased Evasion Rating
45% increased maximum Energy Shield
12% increased Attack Damage
12% increased Spell Damage
20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
0.4% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
24% increased maximum Mana
3% of Life Regenerated per Second
0.4% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
125% increased Damage with Poison
10% chance to Poison on Hit
20% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
20% increased Flask Recovery Speed
4% increased Cast Speed with Chaos Skills
Gain 5% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
10% increased Physical Attack Damage while holding a Shield
36% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
2% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
16% increased Physical Damage with Attacks
+10 to Strength and Dexterity
2% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
6% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
20% increased Accuracy Rating
28% chance to Avoid being Stunned
20% increased Stun Recovery
14% increased maximum Energy Shield from Intelligence
17% increased Melee Physical Damage from Strength
+450 Accuracy Rating
45% increased Evasion Rating from Dexterity

I'm fine with being told this tree sucks though. It's my first time trying to put something together on my own.
Last edited by Messerschmitt on Dec 8, 2015, 1:18:00 PM
"
STRiCK9 wrote:
Alright, I like it. And you could always swap in Life Leech and/or Double Strike for bosses if VS/Melee Splash doesn't cut it, though virtually all boss encounters have adds now.
Do you think Multistrike's ability to apply more debuffs outweighs the less, larger debuffs you would get without it?
Also, so you think you'll be able to sustain with Warlord's? I think you probably will.

Thanks for the double strike suggestion, that can be one alternative to boss fights. Though I think VS is pretty good boss killer, and will work really good, and with the upcoming poison chanages mentioned here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1456880

specifically,

Viper Strike now always applies poison instead of its own buff, with a much higher base duration. This lets players really enhance their damage in a big way by specializing in poison. We're also improving the power of Melee Splash, and this will give the skill more longevity. The skill also deals much more initial hit damage.

VS is looking stronger than ever :)

Also, as now VS always applies poison, so multistrike looks pretty good for applying it to lot of mobs and clearing things faster.

Also, I think warlord's mark should be enough, if in any case more leech is needed, our tree is pretty close to new spirit and vitality void cluster and pick something from there, although I think it won't be needed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info