Make 1500th fusing orb used auto 6 link.

A lot of people when trying to 6 link items wont save up 1500 fusing orbs and then buy the 6 link from the master they will just use them as they get them on which ever item they want to link.So i would like there to be some kind of counter on the item that will keep track of the amount used on it and then have the 1500th auto 6 link it.

This way it doesn't interfere with the RNG element and it also allows you to know that it will link in the end so you don't just quit out of frustration.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Choosing to try to craft 6-link manually instead of using a bench is meant to be a gamble.

Either you link it in less than 1500, and you've saved yourself some fusings, or you don't link it in less than 1500 fusings, and you lost out on that currency you might've saved yourself.
That suggestion would make the Vorici recipe completely useless and only people who are really bad at math would ever use it for anything other than fusing corrupted items. Meaning, the suggestion is bad.

If you introduce a counter, then it should auto-link at something like 3000 or 4500 fusings, not at the amount of fusings you need to insta-6link. Fusing yourself is a gamble.

The only real problem I see with the Vorici recipe is that the amount of stash space required to store 1500 fusings is way too large. Solution would be to make fusings stack to 50 or 100 instead of 20.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
maxor wrote:

This way it doesn't interfere with the RNG element and it also allows you to know that it will link in the end so you don't just quit out of frustration.

I have no idea how you ended up in that conclusion. It'd completely destroy the point of RNG existing.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
"
maxor wrote:

I have no idea how you ended up in that conclusion. It'd completely destroy the point of RNG existing.

Quoting this to keep the thought going.

While it wouldn't entirely destroy the point of the RNG (since there's always the random chance of getting the links before 1500), it would nullify the reason for Vorici's craft to exist in its current form. If Vorici's craft was left as-is then a fusing cap would have to go up past 2000 at least, and probably just like how Char1983 said: 3000+. If the cap were to be 1500 then Vorici's craft would have to be lowered to 750 or so.

75 stacks of fusings is definitely too much though. 50 would work better while still being a pain to amass, thus the fusings would stack to 30.
How many hours of game play at average drop rates is that to link one fricken item? It is bad enough most of the support gems cannot be used until level 35+, and only 2 slots are even capable of a 5-6 link. Freakin ridiculous how hard it is to create something that 90% of decent builds rely on.

In 400 hours you could learn a hell of a lot towards playing a musical instrument, earn 2 1/2 months of income, pass several college courses, or POSSIBLY upgrade one piece of shitty stat digital loot.
"
themrpid10 wrote:
How many hours of game play at average drop rates is that to link one fricken item? It is bad enough most of the support gems cannot be used until level 35+, and only 2 slots are even capable of a 5-6 link. Freakin ridiculous how hard it is to create something that 90% of decent builds rely on.

In 400 hours you could learn a hell of a lot towards playing a musical instrument, earn 2 1/2 months of income, pass several college courses, or POSSIBLY upgrade one piece of shitty stat digital loot.

We are currently talking about trying to create an end game item here, it should be hard, damn hard! Especially when pretty much every build can do just fine with a 4L, even at level 80+.

There are so many different influences on a character in Path of Exile, learning which of these to focus on is all part of the game. A 5L/6L is probably one of the last things you ever aim for. If your build is struggling without a 5L/6L then something else is probably going wrong with your build that needs to be addressed first.

To address your concern regarding hours of play... After 1000 hours I almost had some kind of vague idea how this games mechanics worked, at around 2000 hours I was comfortable enough to theory craft and create an end game viable build by myself. Yes this game takes many many many hours to learn, and Time is something that humans have struggled to prioritize... (since the beginning of time?). If you really feel that you've 'wasted' 400+ hours, then ARPGS are probably not the game type for you....

I should add I played for around 2500 hours before I saw my first 6L that wasnt a Tabula, was dropped from a corrupt tempest so may as well have been a Tabula though!, I only found my first 6L very recently a week into darkshrine. I've never ever 6L'd an item with fusings in the total 2706 hours steam says i've played. Thats some bad RNG and a hella lotta fusings I cant even count.
twitch.tv/Owwlll
Last edited by Owwlll on Dec 2, 2015, 3:13:10 AM
"
themrpid10 wrote:

Or you can become a streamer and kill two birds with one stone. If you REALLY need a 6L and can't make things work with a Tabula, then start farming/buying divination cards that reward you with a 6L item of your choice. Its not that time consuming, I'm an average player with average RNG and I got my first 6L using The Celestial Justicar in <20 hours of gameplay.
This is pretty much the gamble/RNG there. Would you be trusting your RNG and take the risk of manual fusing? Or be a pussy and consult Vorici's skembench for that ez 6-link? There is absolutely no need for more pre-determined bullshit in crafting/linking, benches already give you that option.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Some already named reasons so I'm here to just say:

minus one!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info