I miss this game.

My computer crashed back in June and I just recently got it back. I feel like it crashed because of overheating due to PoE's insane GFX. I really wanna fumble around with the new tree and check out those new fancy jewels all the kids are raving about in the hallways and I REALLY wanna check out Act 4!!! Anyone know how to almost-potato graphic PoE? I mean, not full potato but just 'kinda' potato? I like the shinies of the game but I don't want to blow my shit up! What do fellow Exiles?
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
MajorThor wrote:
My computer crashed back in June and I just recently got it back. I feel like it crashed because of overheating due to PoE's insane GFX. I really wanna fumble around with the new tree and check out those new fancy jewels all the kids are raving about in the hallways and I REALLY wanna check out Act 4!!! Anyone know how to almost-potato graphic PoE? I mean, not full potato but just 'kinda' potato? I like the shinies of the game but I don't want to blow my shit up! What do fellow Exiles?

Try this reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1vohon/tutorial_potato_computer_these_setting_will_make/
LOL @ POE's insane GFX.
PoE have GFX ?

Hmm. Seem I've missed a setting somewhere that enables it.

That said, I love this game =D
Each time a new HC league is about to start im really twichy about it starting already.

As for a responce to OP.
As long as you got a GFXcard from this decade, I dont think you really need to potato is all that much ?
I don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe someday if GGG can get their act together, I doubt it at this point.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Just use speed fan to monitor your temps

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedFan

It's not the best program but it's free and easy to use.

P.S. if you do not ususaly use hardware monitoring software like this i should warn you that it's important you only use 1 , using 2 or more programs can cause problems, sometimes less is better.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
lol GFX? cant get my card above 28° (watercooled) in poe.
"
Heroofexile wrote:
lol GFX? cant get my card above 28° (watercooled) in poe.

I wonder how your wealth show-off is relevant to OP's situation.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
No, the GFX would not cause you to overheat on it's own, bad drivers, low GPU fan speed, letting the GFX card run as hard as it can, overclocking badly, not cleaning it would.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Dec 2, 2015, 1:26:56 PM
I'm fairly sure OP meant "POE's insane strain on GFX card".
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info