Feedback from a new player.

1. Bleeds are often only potent because they catch you by surprise. If they were to make it more noticeable, I'd prefer for it to deal more damage.

2. As others have stated, the two variations of reflect already have visual distinctions and are easily distinguishable for someone with normal vision. Someone at GGG should check to see if colour blind players have trouble with distinguishing the two.

3. Flasks continuing to work after healing to full would devalue life/mana leech and life/mana regen.
Interesting responses. Apparently some take feedback very personally.

Re: Variations in visuals for reflect- i still don't see it. Maybe if two enemies were standing right next to one another i could see a difference? Easy to make elemental reflect thorns visual blue to make them easily distinguishable.

Re: flask effects: Not sure about the push back on this one. I don't use blood magic so mana management is pretty important for me to be effective. I can blow through my mana pool in just a few attacks and when i use a mana flask it refills to 100% quickly, if a flask is suppose to restore x mana for y seconds, the mana regen should last that long regardless of whether the mana pool hits 100%. Mana management is difficult enough as an elemental damage build, there are 0 elemental leech nodes/items that im aware of(did some checking but could have missed something) which leaves only warlords mark/assassins mark/poachers mark or giving up a gem slot for mana reduction/leech or blood magic. I guess my point is that I don't get why there are even mana flasks in the game if there function is so impaired by other mechanics in the game.

Re: my gear-I have a friend that showed me the ropes a bit but i 6 linked that armor on my own(im a lucky bastard :) ) and ive put alot of time in farming/mapping/trading to get the rest. Also don't see why that has anything to do with my OP.

RE: status ailments- No idea what corrupting blood is, but i assume it's something like you start bleeding when you attack a mob with that mod. I'm just saying that if I'm not looking directly at my HP bubble thing(which is all the time in fights with lots of fast moving mobs as i have to move around alot) it is super easy to die before the bleed visual is even visible. A simple "im bleeding" like the "im out of mana" that the character says would be sufficient to let me know that I better do something about it before its too late.
"
Interesting responses. Apparently some take feedback very personally.

Re: Variations in visuals for reflect- i still don't see it. Maybe if two enemies were standing right next to one another i could see a difference? Easy to make elemental reflect thorns visual blue to make them easily distinguishable.

Re: flask effects: Not sure about the push back on this one. I don't use blood magic so mana management is pretty important for me to be effective. I can blow through my mana pool in just a few attacks and when i use a mana flask it refills to 100% quickly, if a flask is suppose to restore x mana for y seconds, the mana regen should last that long regardless of whether the mana pool hits 100%. Mana management is difficult enough as an elemental damage build, there are 0 elemental leech nodes/items that im aware of(did some checking but could have missed something) which leaves only warlords mark/assassins mark/poachers mark or giving up a gem slot for mana reduction/leech or blood magic. I guess my point is that I don't get why there are even mana flasks in the game if there function is so impaired by other mechanics in the game.

Re: my gear-I have a friend that showed me the ropes a bit but i 6 linked that armor on my own(im a lucky bastard :) ) and ive put alot of time in farming/mapping/trading to get the rest. Also don't see why that has anything to do with my OP.

RE: status ailments- No idea what corrupting blood is, but i assume it's something like you start bleeding when you attack a mob with that mod. I'm just saying that if I'm not looking directly at my HP bubble thing(which is all the time in fights with lots of fast moving mobs as i have to move around alot) it is super easy to die before the bleed visual is even visible. A simple "im bleeding" like the "im out of mana" that the character says would be sufficient to let me know that I better do something about it before its too late.

People do tend to get a bit passionate about this game :P. I thought I'd add a little more detail to what I said before...

1. I'm not sure what's going on with the visuals on your side, but when I run into a reflect rare, I can very easily tell what type of reflect it is. Mobs with physical reflect have a pure orange visual effect and mobs with elemental reflect have an orange visual effect combined with an easily noticeable bluish effect. Can someone else confirm this please?

2. There are many ways to optimize your damage, and one of these ways is to include as many support gems as you can on your main skill. However, the drawback of doing this is often an increased mana cost. Now this presents a problem: how do I sustain the mana cost of my supported skill? There are many options, one of which is using a mana flask (which is what you do). If the mana flask were to continue working even after your mana is full, it devalues all other options of sustaining your mana. Almost EVERYONE would be using the mana flask as opposed to other clever mechanics like mana gained on hit, mana leech, base mana regen, etc.

3. Corrupting blood is a Nemesis mod that can spawn on rare monsters. When you deal damage to the monster directly, it applies a stack (up to 20) of "corrupting blood" that deals physical damage to you based on the damage of the monster. Corrupting blood is considered a bleed effect and can be removed with bleed flasks; however, moving while under the effect of corrupting blood does not make you take more damage. Like I said earlier, bleed effects are often only potent because they catch you by surprise. Your health globe is kind of like your mirrors while driving; you rarely focus on it, but you should be always checking xD.

I understand that you are new to the game, but most of your feedback (2 and 3) is based around the fact that you are inexperienced. Instead of suggesting that the game be changed to fit your skill level, you should try and improve yourself first. Look for alternative ways to sustain your mana and see if you can get by without needing to use a mana flask. Learn the monster types that use bleed (there aren't that many) and be extra careful when you are facing them.

With that said, welcome to the game and grats on getting your first 6L so early. I've been playing since closed beta and I just got my first 6L three days ago lol xD. And thank you for taking the time to give feedback on a game you just started playing; I wish more new players could do this :D.

Last edited by octo7T on Dec 1, 2015, 9:23:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info