Whyyyy is there no auction house?

"
Antnee wrote:
Because player interaction is valuable. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal valuable. Yep, nothin better than players, you know... interacting.

*kicks a rock*

Gotta have that interaction, you know.
Interaction is a joke 50% of the people dont even say one word to you that is if they even get back to you.
"
Madtank wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
Because player interaction is valuable. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal valuable. Yep, nothin better than players, you know... interacting.

*kicks a rock*

Interaction is a joke 50% of the people dont even say one word to you that is if they even get back to you.

And what about the 50% that do.

If you have a 50\50 chance to potentially have a better chance at a deal or future deals, just because you don't take it doesn't mean everyone doesn't.

Player interaction helps keep the system in check.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Madtank wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

*kicks a rock*

Spoiler

(And 50% is really conservative. Try 90.)

In all seriousness, I fail to see how forcing social interaction in every aspect of the game is doing anyone any favors. Like small talk? Hit up global chat. Join a guild. Hell, go join a public party. Stand around in town.

Don't make me suffer through a shitty (and don't kid yourself, it's shitty in every regard) trading system because you hit it off every once in a while. I simply do not care anymore. I just want to play, and buy/sell shit with the least amount of hassle possible.

Edit: I used to be like you, Goetz. Then I did one of the trading challenges. Player interaction through trading can choke on a thousand bags of dicks.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Nov 30, 2015, 9:15:09 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
To get a little more clarity, they will never make a system that will open the door to bots buying and selling in this game.

I do not see how this is related to AH. An AH can be easily designed to discourage fully automated bot-trading.

The current system, instead, is easily exploitable by automated bot-traders

- My HO please
....(automatic check that trade window is ok]
- TY, GL
Roma timezone (Italy)
"
shagohodds wrote:
i don't want to be busy with 3'd party software and trade sites and having to watch 15 tutorials on how to set those up

You're using this forum right now, right?

Standard League Shops: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/standard-trading-shops

Standard League For Sale: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/standard-trading-selling

Standard League Want to Buy: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/standard-trading-buying

No 3rd party software, no trade sites, just official forums. But if you want to buy on an impulse while in game, then trade channel does work, even if it's busy.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
HellGauss wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
To get a little more clarity, they will never make a system that will open the door to bots buying and selling in this game.

I do not see how this is related to AH. An AH can be easily designed to discourage fully automated bot-trading.

The current system, instead, is easily exploitable by automated bot-traders

- My HO please
....(automatic check that trade window is ok]
- TY, GL
Seriously? A bot is going to figure out which item you wanted, get the correct item from the correct stash tab, put it in a trade window, verify the other guy put in the agreed upon currency, accept the trade, and put the currency in the stash to make room for more trades. And then update the shop. I think one or two of these steps would be difficult to make a bot for. Maybe if you only sold 1 item. But most shops have lots of items. Not to mention after each bot account gets banned they'd have to level a new account up to 25 before they could trade again. Seems unlikely. But if GGG were to automate the process, it'd be very easy to make a bot that could do the extra step needed to buy and sell items when the trading part is removed.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I would also like to see a better in-game trading system, see my earlier thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1485692

"
mark1030 wrote:
"
There is no plan for an auction house. The closest thing that might happen is allowing asynchronous and/or cross-instance trading. GGG specifically wants to make sure there is still player interaction when it comes to trading, thus there will never be a system where you simply post an item and the game automates the trade.

Sure, nobody wants a marketplace run by bots, but forcing player interaction is a really clumsy and counterproductive way of doing it.

First off, forcing player interaction instantly locks the majority of the world out of trading with you because they don't play during the same hours as you (hello, timezones).

Second, a user friendly and highly visible in-game trading interface would greatly increase the amount of people engaging in trading, and the amount of time they spend doing so. No good groups available, or PvP queue empty? Hop on the marketplace, see if you can find a good deal. Heck, if it's not automated, and you have to contact the other player, it would actually increase player interaction.

Third, I have to challenge the importance of player interaction itself. I sold some stuff the other day to someone who was advertising on the party screen (searchable, highly visible interface, you see?). I have no idea who they were, I don't remember their name, or even what their character looked like. He popped into my hideout, we swapped goods, said "ty", and that was it. It was just as impersonal as if I had bought from an auction house, and much more roundabout.

But if GGG insists that players should interact for the purposes of trading, then it's in their best interest to give players the tools to do so with ease.
Last edited by suszterpatt on Dec 1, 2015, 3:21:13 PM
"
shagohodds wrote:
As the title says why is there no auction house? ive had a lot of fun with my characters but i don't want to be busy with 3'd party software and trade sites and having to watch 15 tutorials on how to set those up.. the ingame trade chat is just a spamfest so that's no use. Is there any plan on making an auction house? if not i'm not sure i want to continue playing.
im not even gonna read your post...
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
"
suszterpatt wrote:
I would also like to see a better in-game trading system, see my earlier thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1485692

"
mark1030 wrote:
"
There is no plan for an auction house. The closest thing that might happen is allowing asynchronous and/or cross-instance trading. GGG specifically wants to make sure there is still player interaction when it comes to trading, thus there will never be a system where you simply post an item and the game automates the trade.

Sure, nobody wants a marketplace run by bots, but forcing player interaction is a really clumsy and counterproductive way of doing it.

First off, forcing player interaction instantly locks the majority of the world out of trading with you because they don't play during the same hours as you (hello, timezones).

Second, a user friendly and highly visible in-game trading interface would greatly increase the amount of people engaging in trading, and the amount of time they spend doing so. No good groups available, or PvP queue empty? Hop on the marketplace, see if you can find a good deal. Heck, if it's not automated, and you have to contact the other player, it would actually increase player interaction.

Third, I have to challenge the importance of player interaction itself. I sold some stuff the other day to someone who was advertising on the party screen (searchable, highly visible interface, you see?). I have no idea who they were, I don't remember their name, or even what their character looked like. He popped into my hideout, we swapped goods, said "ty", and that was it. It was just as impersonal as if I had bought from an auction house, and much more roundabout.

But if GGG insists that players should interact for the purposes of trading, then it's in their best interest to give players the tools to do so with ease.

Forcing player interaction might be the only way to achieve it though. If it was as simple as just doing it X way or Y way, without automation downsides then it probably would have already been done and I haven't even seen a suggestion that adds anything to trading that we don't already have (that doesn't include automation)

Not having a global market isn't necessary a bad thing, why should players that don't play when you do have access to stuff you have, why should you earn money on stuff when you aren't even around to complete a transaction, stores don't make money when they are closed or if they do they have to actually deliver the goods\services later.

An ingame integrated system would encourage more participation, as long as it doesn't add the automation I'd have no problem with it, but at what point do you think GGG is going to add a system the forums\3rd party apps help facilitate just to be more "convenient" for new players.

The importance of player interaction is multileveled, even if its as simple as just going to their hideout you can see those MTX's, the character mtx's, ect. But its an online game as well, if everyone played solo then it would have been better off as an offline only game.

To do so with ease? Buying is stupid easy. Selling is more difficult if you either 1 dont have a forum template or two don't use one of the apps that basically do everything once you set it up for each league. I can (don't yet on this computer) have a shortcut that launches the shop program, logout macro, price check macro (or any other macros needed) then launch poe. Simply put the trade system is as easy as you make it, not as easy as GGG makes it, thats why IMO its pretty good. An AH is NOT a trade system, its a trade system replacement and one that has FAILED in games of this genre before, blame it on the RMAH, poor itemization or whatever you want, having easier access to items whenever for stupid cheap prices (which encourages undercutting) is NOT good.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Increasing the effort involved in trade generally puts a price floor on items because the price has to be high enough to be worth the effort involved in selling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info