Its time to add Chaos Resistances or Chaos immune mods to maps and monsters affixes

"
Toshis8 wrote:

Actually OP has a point. What do you need for poison arrow and explosive arrow? A +3 bow, which is how much, like 7 ex max? And you dont have to go all around the skill tree picking up every single increased damage node like you must with physical attack bows for example. Have you been in Sarn arena recently? It is dominated by poison arrow, even a character with max chaos resistance dies very quickly and if you manage to survive PA somehow, your opponent will switch from PA to EA which is also way too overpowered in PvP. Both PA and EA works with any shitty bow as long as it has + to bow gems and it requires almost zero damage nodes from skill tree, you can go full tank picking up every single defense node in the tree. Guess if you're so blindly defending PA or EA probably you're using it yourself and dont want it to be balanced.

EA and PA are very much different. The fact that you mention a +3 bow for EA, which would only ever be used for a single target setup is just funny to me, you've clearly never played or even looked at EA builds if you think they use a +3 bow. (they use quillrain fyi)

+3 bow is around that price, not including linking it, which helps the DPS significantly. You have to go all around the tree to get frenzy charges, proj damage and jewel sockets though.

Really sarn arena? We are going to make game balance suggestions based off of what happens in PvP, yeah they have separate PvP values they can apply, no need to change the whole game for PvP.

Both PA and EA are spell like abilities that scale with + levels, or in EA case faster attacks means faster stacks = faster clearspeed. Its not a hard concept to understand these aren't traditional bow abilities, but rather unique mechanics.

Yeah the no damage from the tree for EA is just bullshit. You very much need damage from the tree, more specifically jewels in order to have anywhere near decent clearspeed. I personally know this because its the build I was playing in darkshrines.

EA is built on the left side of the tree and does get fairly tanky in terms of raw life, but the inability to run without BM (from tree) means that build has 0 auras.

PA is built from the right side to get all the frenzy charges, because the ability doesn't scale off traditional nodes only proj\pierce and jewel sockets really help it.

I've already said I'm not doing PA, I did EA but I'm not playing that character anymore, its actually quite weak without significant gear investment. Considering you don't understand the mechanics (like what bow people use for EA) I don't think you are entitled to comment on how these are "too powerful"

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Hi

EA IS GOD WHEN USED CORRECTLY. I will not tell how because GGG nerflers are ever in the shadows and they could fuck up my build that I have been able to recreate over and over again since Original CB. EA does not require significant gear just great jewels, EA is amazing now because of these jewels and few key uniques, heres a hint ones the QUILL RAIN the other is a certain quiver:P Sure I have met players who have made EA builds with bows other then quill rain and they do a'ight but deep down I know they don't get the full potential out of EA.

CHAOS IMMUNITY IS A NO NO, ALL IMMUNITIES IN THIS GAME ARE A NO NO, but I have met certain monsters in my time of playing this game that can have extremely high resistances that result in doing barely any damage or the monster has super life regen...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Chaos resistance wouldn't be needed if PA wasn't so laughably OP at high levels. It does deserve a nerf, but knowing GGG-style of nerfs, the skill won't be just nerfed but utterly decimated.
As so many before said many monsters already have chaos resistance and the state of monsters' chaos resistance is not different from say monsters' fire resistance.

As for chaos immunity or any sort of damage type immunity i'd say that this is an awful idea. The difficulty level of PoE does not allow many builds to rely on multiple types of damage( most notably spell-caster builds ) because it hinders their performance drastically. The way around is to force players to play in a party ... and that idea makes me cringe.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:

Actually OP has a point. What do you need for poison arrow and explosive arrow? A +3 bow, which is how much, like 7 ex max? And you dont have to go all around the skill tree picking up every single increased damage node like you must with physical attack bows for example. Have you been in Sarn arena recently? It is dominated by poison arrow, even a character with max chaos resistance dies very quickly and if you manage to survive PA somehow, your opponent will switch from PA to EA which is also way too overpowered in PvP. Both PA and EA works with any shitty bow as long as it has + to bow gems and it requires almost zero damage nodes from skill tree, you can go full tank picking up every single defense node in the tree. Guess if you're so blindly defending PA or EA probably you're using it yourself and dont want it to be balanced.

EA and PA are very much different. The fact that you mention a +3 bow for EA, which would only ever be used for a single target setup is just funny to me, you've clearly never played or even looked at EA builds if you think they use a +3 bow. (they use quillrain fyi)

+3 bow is around that price, not including linking it, which helps the DPS significantly. You have to go all around the tree to get frenzy charges, proj damage and jewel sockets though.

Really sarn arena? We are going to make game balance suggestions based off of what happens in PvP, yeah they have separate PvP values they can apply, no need to change the whole game for PvP.

Both PA and EA are spell like abilities that scale with + levels, or in EA case faster attacks means faster stacks = faster clearspeed. Its not a hard concept to understand these aren't traditional bow abilities, but rather unique mechanics.

Yeah the no damage from the tree for EA is just bullshit. You very much need damage from the tree, more specifically jewels in order to have anywhere near decent clearspeed. I personally know this because its the build I was playing in darkshrines.

EA is built on the left side of the tree and does get fairly tanky in terms of raw life, but the inability to run without BM (from tree) means that build has 0 auras.

PA is built from the right side to get all the frenzy charges, because the ability doesn't scale off traditional nodes only proj\pierce and jewel sockets really help it.

I've already said I'm not doing PA, I did EA but I'm not playing that character anymore, its actually quite weak without significant gear investment. Considering you don't understand the mechanics (like what bow people use for EA) I don't think you are entitled to comment on how these are "too powerful"

Sometimes I wonder how you keep your sanity replying to people like him.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi
EA does not require significant gear just great jewels, EA is amazing now because of these jewels and few key uniques, heres a hint ones the QUILL RAIN the other is a certain quiver:P Sure I have met players who have made EA builds with bows other then quill rain and they do a'ight but deep down I know they don't get the full potential out of EA.

Doesn't require gear, list gear that cost multiple ex when rolled properly. EA jewels are not cheap to come by and IMO its gear.

Yes mainly just needs the linked bow\chest and jewels, but jewels are much harder to come by (especially great ones) then people lead onto.

"
Sometimes I wonder how you keep your sanity replying to people like him.

If they or anyone reading can learn something from the response then the post was worth it, if not then my fingers get a bit of exercise.

FeelsBadMan

"
Toshis8 wrote:

Thats right. Thats what im trying to say, but trolling in this game insane. ino, boem, goetzjam, other trolls make GGG so blind that any good changes impossible in near future.
Have you read what those trolls saying? Melee OP Lmao, they rly said that, when we have EA, PA, discharge, vaal spark, etc they saying that melee fine and dont need buffs ROFL.

As you can see troll so strong and GGG respect and balance their game around trolls, not players.

ino, boem and goetzjam post in every thread and every reply to everyone like all the time and anyone can ask themselves when they play the game or even sleep?

PA wont be merfed as EA and any other except incinerate, but melee will be same as now, we wont see any REAL and strong buffs and new defense for melee never, trolls as you can see try to prove everyone that melee dont need and GGG do as they said.
"

Have you read what those trolls saying? Melee OP Lmao, they rly said that, when we have EA, PA, discharge, vaal spark, etc they saying that melee fine and dont need buffs ROFL.

Playing a build with certain gem must bring fun. People play PA, discharge etc because its fun, the fun is in killing packs in a split second, this is the thing. What you actually arguing is that melee viable or not. It perhaps viable but its not fun, cuz its boring to play when you kill packs slow. The fun is in *boom* - all dead. PA, dischardge and those you mentioned is a *boom - all dead* gems. Those gems must not be nerfed but other gems must be buffed. When any gem you play brings fun - there is your precious diversity. The current diversity is a lot of shit gems noone wants to play cuz they are boring, they looks great, great animation and all but those gems are boring because it take forever and a year to clear a map.

Buff gems GGG. Or people will continue to play not the gem they like but the gem that kills fast. And continue making threads like * oh look he is getting fun playing that gem, I dont like that gem to play, Im playing another one, so nerf the gem he playing, Im not getting fun playing my gem so should not he either*. There are threads that actually asking about buffing gems but these threads you can count on fingers, most of the threads is about nerfing

P.S. No, you shouldnt clear 82 maps with blue gear, but with some investments ( rare uniques, expensive rare gear, mirrored gear ) every gem must kill any pack in a split second.
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Dec 4, 2015, 3:00:48 AM
"

Thats right. Thats what im trying to say, but trolling in this game insane. ino, boem, goetzjam, other trolls make GGG so blind that any good changes impossible in near future.

Calling people trolls that disagree with you doesn't help your cause, you haven't bothered to respond to 1/2 of my post which means either you can't address it, because the statements are true or you are too lazy to, which doesn't help your cause.

"

Wow you've named about 1/2 the meta builds, why not just name the other half. Melee is getting buffs. Melee in general is in the best position it has been since 1.0, aside from maybe the max block versions, which aren't that popular anymore.

"
As you can see troll so strong and GGG respect and balance their game around trolls, not players.

Yeah they just listen to the players that have a better understanding of the game and you know actually play it instead of QQing on the forums about things they can't possible understand.

"
ino, boem and goetzjam post in every thread and every reply to everyone like all the time and anyone can ask themselves when they play the game or even sleep?

I don't reply to all threads just ones that really interest me or people like yourself that are just wrong. In terms of when I play the game well that is typically at night, not during the day when I don't have access to play the game, I suspect Boem either has a similar situation or spends some of his would be playtime to respond here instead. Trust me when I say I get plenty of sleep, thanks for your concern though.

My job allows for me to have downtime that I can spend doing stuff like this, but due to interruptions I can't really play any games, especially can't map (as who wants to lose maps)

"
PA wont be merfed as EA and any other except incinerate, but melee will be same as now, we wont see any REAL and strong buffs and new defense for melee never, trolls as you can see try to prove everyone that melee dont need and GGG do as they said.

People like you always ask for nerfs on things you can't understand or builds that are stronger then yours. Just because your melee build sucks doesn't mean everyones does. If you invested the amount of currency it takes to do some of these top builds at higher levels you too could do higher level content.

PA will be slightly nerfed, more then likely just a 10-20% damage loss.

EA isn't really that strong to begin with, if it gets nerfed I'd be suprised.

We all know incinerate is going to get nerfed.

Won't see new defense for melee, you know like fortify that was JUST ADDED in 2.0.

I'll let you in on a secret GGG rarely actually listens to anyone here on feedback, they do whatever the fuck they want, even when they asked for feedback (the last closed beta) they didn't take much of it to heart. However, I know they don't listen to just whinny people on the forums that have subpar builds and ask for any build but theirs to be nerfed.

@SaiyanZ
"
I think it's fine if GGG adds a map mod "monsters have 75% chaos resistance". Just like the elements.

Yeah because chaos damage has 3 things that help penetrate that resistance. O wait no it doesn't. Chaos damage doesn't have a penetration gem, doesn't have a curse that removes chaos res and ele weakness doesn't reduce the resistances either. Shit I also forgot there isn't any chaos penetration in the tree.

Chaos damage also doesn't have a status aliment and no leech options.

You can't treat chaos damage as elemental damage, unless they drastically change chaos damage and the abilities into something more aligned with elemental abilities.

People like @saiyanz and OP fail to realize you can't treat chaos damage as elemental damage because they are vastly different.

FeelsBadMan

"
"
Toshis8 wrote:

Yes yes, call tehm trolls, don't forget whiteknights, neckbeards, no-lifer is a nice one etc etc.

But by all means dont attack their arguments or the facts, and dont support your claims with any either cause that might actually accomplish something eh?

I think I'll call you a banana, does that invalidate the point you failed to make?
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info