[2.1] Arly's Kinetic Blast Life-Based Ranger

Will not be a formal guide due to time and cost constraints.

Build video:
======================================

T13 waterways - 1:24 minute clear - HH/rampage - patch 2.3.0g
T13 waterways - 2:20 minute clear with vigil wand
T13 waterways - 2:20 minute clear with vigil wand
T13 exca boss fight - dual boss, vuln, temp chains, life, boss life

======================================
Comparing low life vs hybrid Kinetic blast

Gear

Primary Goals:
-Reach level 100 solo as quickly and efficiently as possible - current level 98 with 42% , 1 death this level
-Keep gear cost below a full set of mirrored gear stupidity

Leveling and build Guide

Damage vs clear speed:
Dps- damage per second, relatively meaningless without context as even a 1 billion dps single target skill is all but worthless vs. anything but a single boss
Clear speed - the measure of how fast you can clear a map - generally bounded by:
1-dps - how much damage per attack instance you do
2-range - how far your attacks can reach
3-aoe/targetting multiplicity - how widely you can disperse and multiply your hits
Survivability - How often you die
With this in mind, you only need exactly enough dps/range/aoe to instantly clear a room at the average level of map you need to do and enough survivability for it to not be a hindrance when leveling. What this means is that you should optimize your dps around your baseline level of maps.
-EXP/min + *loot/mine - the true metric of of a build's worth incorporating dps, clearspeed and survivability

EXP/MIN:
While it might seem like the fastest way to 100 solo is to grind level 82 maps non stop, this is actually impractical and untrue. First, no player can solo sustain 82 maps for very long. 82 Maps take longer to clear and thus suffer in the EXP/MIN department and have higher risk of death which a single instance will ruin your EXP/MIN for the day or week depending on how high you are. I have been able to reach level 95 within 8 days playtime completely solo without doing any map above tier 11 with the majority of time spent at tier 9 and a bit at tier 10 without incurring any net cost to myself. The reason is that you can simply run lower maps faster and more safely. At level 93 this is what the exp penalty looks like.

Level 76 Map 09 * 21% 100%
Level 77 Map 10 * 28% 100%
Level 78 Map 11 * 38% 100%
Level 79 Map 12 * 51% 100%
Level 80 Map 13 * 65% 100%
Level 81 Map 14 * 80% 100%
Level 82 Map 15 * 92% 100%

A T9 map can be cleared in about 3-4 minutes at 21% of the original experience. A T15 map will take a fair amount longer but yields 100% of the original experience but also has far higher risk of death. You can buy 20 T9 maps for 1 exalt but it costs 2 exalts to buy a single T15 map so essentially 40 T9 maps. From a cost efficiency there's little reason to do above T11 factoring in clear speed, experience and risk up until level 94.

Attack speed and the illusion of paper dps:
For mana based builds, attack speed is not always a good thing and the fastest APS wand is actually just doing the less damage per hit but shooting faster and consuming more mana in the process. Ideally, it will not take more than 3 strikes to instantly melt a mob, usually, only 1 or 2 so you want your hits to do as much damage as possible per hit to mitigate the cost of your skill. I personally use a tornado wand as it has the best ratio of physical damage to attack speed and while imbued wands will give more paper dps, it is actually doing less damage per hit but I certainly have not had the chance to playtest the latter in length. For non mana based builds you should definitely go with imbued wands as you can freely consume your life(BM builds) or ES(ES on hit builds). The higher the cost of your skills, the more mana and mana regen affixes you will need on your gear.

How to not die:
Corrupting bloodlines - You must have staunching utility flask and be mindful on vulnerability and and magic pack maps. 20 stacks of corrupting on a vulnerability map will drain about 2,0000 life per second and you may not even see it if you offscreen'ed the pack.
Hard bosses - Sometimes you simply must skip a boss. For example, Dominus with GMP, maegera with -max or temporal chains. The risk reward is simply not there even now that bosses have a flat 20% chance to drop a map.
Critical strike maps - Flicker striker mobs on a critical map can freeze or dps you down quickly.
-max/vuln maps - Be extra careful here, Saffael's frame can be used against -max maps
Phys reflect - Swap to an ele wand and replace IIQ with reduced mana
Ele reflect - Swap WED for Life leech and use saffael's frame

The benefit of IIQ:
Having a decent amount of IIQ on your build will help greatly to offset the cost of mapping and will net you a decent amount of currency in the long run through t1 unique drops and orbs. Unfortunately now a legacy affix, it is still worthwhile to spend a few chaos on existing IIQ uniques up until about level 84 and from there decide if you'd rather go the purely battle oriented route route or the light IIQ route. You should not be spending your entire budget to get more IIQ on your build and certainly not any kind of mirrored IIQ/IIR gear. IIR for the most part is irrelevant since you're going to get so many rares already from the map's BASE IIQ/IIR. Keep in mind that using IIQ or IIR will also incur time cost for picking up, identifying and selling drops which does add up over time.

A note about mirrored gear:
-There are currently only about 3 items in the entire game you should even considering mirroring or buying a mirrored version of - a physical wand, a harbinger phys bow, a legacy crit multi amulet with dps mods even then, there are cost effective alternatives that yield 70% of the power at 20% of the cost. If you absolutely must, mirror the second best to avoid ridiculous fees or buy one already mirrored. Mirroring anything else is an absolute waste. With 100 exalts and some knowledge of the game, you can build an incredibly powerful end game character that can solo steamroll maps up to 100.
-Requiring a full set mirrored/bis/mf gear as a baseline to make a mf character is absolutely absurd. No one in their right mind is going to spend 3,000 exalts to build an mf character.

leveling data

Level 98: 23-24m/hr
70% T11
20% T13
10% t14
.1% T15

Level 94: 46-58m/hr
70% T11
20% T13
10% t14
.1% T15

Level 94: ???
100% T9 Gorge

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jun 16, 2016, 1:02:55 AM
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2016, 9:52:49 AM
reserved
This gona be updated?, been waiting
I am a big fan of your builds Arly! Can't wait for you to release this one!
I have a lot of projects in progress but sadly this is very low on the list and will not be published likely even this patch due to the the immense of amount of work needed to convert it to 2.1 and have it up to par content wise. I would tend to not release a guide w/o vids from the current patch fully playtested and optimized.

There may be bits and pieces and some old vids but that's all for now.

Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 13, 2016, 12:44:02 AM
Do you think that Lifting's Elemental KB build would do just fine then?
"
modalux1 wrote:
Do you think that Lifting's Elemental KB build would do just fine then?

Aha, I can not comment on another author's build without bias but I would assume his guides are of quality and up to par based on his following.

Heres a pre patch vid for amusement though:
https://youtu.be/6TFkxzV4wWU
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 13, 2016, 1:31:36 AM
can you link your passive tree please :)?
Just a quick question then I'll let you be. Do it think it would be worth going to the duelist area for the leech? Or is that stretching too far south?
"
modalux1 wrote:
Just a quick question then I'll let you be. Do it think it would be worth going to the duelist area for the leech? Or is that stretching too far south?

Absolutely not unless youre willing to give up a lot of damage and int for global leech. Thus, global life leech w/o the life leech gem will not be possible with a pure ele wander.

If you want to create a total budget build yes but wand builds were never budget friendly in the first place.
====================================================================================================
edit: I did some analysis with the finalized 2.1.1 trees and it is feasible but will require essentially a 6 passive point investment to net 2% attack leech. its questionable if that 6th gem you'd replacing LL with could surpass 6 passive points which typically equates to:
21% attack speed
66% accuracy
2% life
5 flat life

However, what does means is that you run a 5 link KB and still be able to leech and with optimization it should be feasible to build a pure ele KB.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 16, 2016, 4:43:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info