POE: Blade Vortex 2.1 Budget Build Talisman League 185% Life- >6% regen

This is a theorycrafted build for the upcoming skill Blade Vortex.
Since Blade Vortex is more of a "melee" skill I'll be starting as a templar to get as much life and life reg. as posible. The skill will be used with blood magic. The only reason for me not to pick up the Blood Magic keystone is to run Auras(Herald of Ash+ Hatred+ Herald of Ice(to chill enemies) if lacking survivability we'll be using Temporal Chains as an aura.

Links

Our links would be: Blade Vortex(1)-spell echo(2)-increased duration(3)-Increased Area of effect(4)-Blood Magic(5)-Controlled Destruction(6)
If affordable, added fire damage instead of blood magic.
You can also switch out increased duration with life leech, since getting 50 blades up is also possible without it.(Suggested for HC)

Might become a problem ot get those colours on an item...

Blade Vortex should be our single dmg source AND our pack clearing skill.

Herald of Ash(1)-Hatred(2)-Herald of Ice(3) or Temporal Chains (3)-Blasphemy(4)

Summon Flame Golem(1)-Minion Life(2)

Could use: Spell Totem(1)-Bladefall(2)-Spell echo(3)-Controlled Destruction(4)
or -Increased Duration(4)
or -Concentrated Effect(4)
For more single target damage.

Gear-Updated Weapon

For our gear:
Helmet: Life-Armour-Resistances
Chest:Life-5-link-Armour-Res
Gloves:life-Armour-Res
Boots: 30% Movment Speed!-Life-Armour-Res
Amulet: Talisman with Implicit 30% phys dmg
Rings: Cast speed-life-Res

For weapons use 2 Wands or Daggers, either with hight cast speed-spell damage-(phys dmg leeched as life)

*Get cybil's paw, and a high Block Chance shield with high spell dmg, cybil's paw will provide large amounts of survivability due to 8 life gained on spell hit, which is huge with 30-50 blades cycling you !

Useful uniques: Divinarius-Apep's Rage-Belly of the Beast-Carcass Jack

Skilltree Templar

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAaPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73yf35o77Dg62CcvkFUaOO081aavbAthxq4MXxynU6U8LYPMtz5Bh_no_grYvTWS8kU64aZXTeP-jzGe6-58gxEtLJynCNgkhW3VgSTYV5QabDbpJKoWb-Nqna6a4EWdU1KuPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfPxo-fuJ5OenVns28n_xLFE0YkZeVUlOX9G0ZIvRsC5MnL50W8yY8pzAB5ylPPV_kIvndi4zAmgmq2fwreB_HLYva3dIh8kGCB9l8_TCfyw==?accountName=sidtherat&characterName=SidTheLightningArrow

Skilltree Breakdown

https://pathofpoe.com/passive-breakdown/AAAAAwUAaPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73yf35o77Dg62CcvkFUaOO081aavbAthxq4MXxynU6U8LYPMtz5Bh_no_grYvTWS8kU64aZXTeP-jzGe6-58gxEtLJynCNgkhW3VgSTYV5QabDbpJKoWb-Nqna6a4EWdU1KuPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfPxo-fuJ5OenVns28n_xLFE0YkZeVUlOX9G0ZIvRsC5MnL50W8yY8pzAB5ylPPV_kIvndi4zAmgmq2fwreB_HLYva3dIh8kGCB9l8/

Skilltree Witch by Caramazula slightly modified by me(more Armour)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycK3gRLR_HfIMti-vubRma4KcIl_QI9CL0RZ2drtrd2CRSU8BUbAtTUhpshW2XlT1fakOTJzbp5CLVgS-dJKrVpiTYFvMWb-08Jjzjapo7n9-Cm-98PAXsOMBmOtgEsycvogCQVfAfGjho8q9sC2HGrq4-PC0MX2ebg8wcp-RRtz5TpVBHQYf-Cu8O-ejyRdi9FCA64TWSXz-mV_6PwQRN4zGeVbWezdIhpzDyQQHnn8uCBxRN_Eu8nxiRg18aPny4KS4b-iXftiykGQ==

This Skilltree can also be played with Templar, just go through the life wheel and get the same tree with more life but less damage. (More viable in HC)

Update: Bladefall is OP, use it ! same build, scales from the same nodes^^

Last edited by le_niempire on Feb 25, 2016, 10:42:46 AM
First of all, I really like the idea to go to the left side of the tree, because of the life. However, instead of templar I'd prefer witch because of the 16% spell dmg which also increases the elemental dmg from hatred. Also, you spec into shield nodes and then you want to use dual wield. Also I would pick added fire dmg over controlled destruction, because we keep the crit (6%) and have a lower mana multiplier (120 instead of 130) for the same damage (25% more). Further more I'd prefer this order, because Inc Duration and Inc Aoe are luxury.

Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Added Fire Damage + Blood Magic + Inc Duration + Inc AoE
G-B-R-R-R-B, should be easy to get on any int-str hybrid.

And about bandits? Normal Skill Point or Life? Cruel Skill Point or Cast Speed? Merciless Skill Point or End Charge?

I guess I will run this build slighly modified as a Witch. And last but not least, I am going to try hatred + HoA + warlord mark for the free End charges which would have super synergy with CwDT + ImmCall. You could also grab some dual curse and go hatred + tempchain + warmark, lots of space to experiment with that new curse aura gem.

I wanna see this in a Pledge of Hands with faster casting ^^
Last edited by Caramazula on Dec 7, 2015, 6:28:24 AM
"
Caramazula wrote:
First of all, I really like the idea to go to the left side of the tree, because of the life. However, instead of templar I'd prfer witch because of the 16% spell dmg which also increases the elemental dmg from hatred. Also, you spec into shield nodes and then you want to use dual wield. Also I would choose added fire dmg over controlled destruction, because we keep the crit and have a lower mana multiplier for the same damage.

I am not sure if added fire damage is a good thing to do with this skill as you only get 35% effectivness and it is supposed to be scaled more with number of blades rather than their individual dmg. So its final base dmg range will probably be similar to incinerate 150-200.

Now, let's take the better sounding version (200 dmg) and do some math:

hatred:

200 * 0,4 * 0,35 = 200 * 0,14 = 28.

~14% more dmg

Added fire:

200 * 0,44 * 0,35 = 200 * 0,154 = 30

~15,4% more dmg

Anger:

range 69–110 so avarage is 89,5

89,5 * 0,35 = 31,325

31,325 / 200 = 0,156625

~15,7% more dmg

Added cold dmg:

range 125–188 so avarage is 156,5

156,5 * 0,35 = 54,775

54,775 / 200 = 0,273875

~27,38% more dmg

Controled Destruction gives you 25% more dmg so after thinking it through it not so bad of a deal. If we want this percentage based bonuses like hatred or added fire dmg (HoA) to be singnificant here, we need to assume that it will be at least 400 per blade.... but that would be a really broken skill so focusing on increases, more suffix, cast speed, duration and maybe one added dmg gem with flat bonus should be optimal.

Why broken?
Spoiler
Let's assume it is really 400 per blade. Now link it with spell echo, faster casting and get just a few nodes for faster casting on tree and some on gear. What you get ? With 0,5 second cast we should be able to easily lower it two times (100% faster casting and spell echo) that gives us 0,125 second cast so 8 casts per second. With just 0,9 duration increase from tree you get avarage duration of 10. 50 (max number of blades) divided by 8 gives us 6,25 so in 6.25 second we get full number of blades. 400 * 50 = 20k dmg. And it is just 3 link skill before adding any increases, more multiplicatives, frenzies influence etc etc. You see where it is going ?

Now add some even veeeeery not optimal, almost crappy build with 100 % increase of dmg from tree and and 100 % from want and spirit shield. And 4 frenzy charges and forht link as concentreted affect.... and we get 100k dmg for 4 link skill with crappy build and gear. Seriously ? Do you know what good player can get with that... I dont want ot calculate that...
Last edited by Caramazula on Dec 7, 2015, 8:00:24 AM
"
Caramazula wrote:

It isn't ? Then getting to 100K with semi-good build is not so surreal for this skill.....

Edit: Right now I was trying to theorycraft CoMK-RF build with that skill but might as well go with spell echo and self cast... now I probably should rethink auras if I made such a grave mistake here...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1486043
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 7, 2015, 8:28:29 AM
I am thinking along similar lines but towards Iron Will templar. Tanky for sure, but hoping I ll get the DPS w Cuebyiari.
"
Caramazula wrote:
First of all, I really like the idea to go to the left side of the tree, because of the life. However, instead of templar I'd prefer witch because of the 16% spell dmg which also increases the elemental dmg from hatred. Also, you spec into shield nodes and then you want to use dual wield. Also I would pick added fire dmg over controlled destruction, because we keep the crit (6%) and have a lower mana multiplier (120 instead of 130) for the same damage (25% more). Further more I'd prefer this order, because Inc Duration and Inc Aoe are luxury.

Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Added Fire Damage + Blood Magic + Inc Duration + Inc AoE
G-B-R-R-R-B, should be easy to get on any int-str hybrid.

And about bandits? Normal Skill Point or Life? Cruel Skill Point or Cast Speed? Merciless Skill Point or End Charge?

I guess I will run this build slighly modified as a Witch. And last but not least, I am going to try hatred + HoA + warlord mark for the free End charges which would have super synergy with CwDT + ImmCall. You could also grab some dual curse and go hatred + tempchain + warmark, lots of space to experiment with that new curse aura gem.

I wanna see this in a Pledge of Hands with faster casting ^^

Thanks for the reply, I`ll add your skilltree for people which like witch better, also I like your Tree ^^
from what I see the tree only has
20% increased Area Damage
59% increased Spell Damage
12% increased Physical Damage
34% increased Elemental Damage

say with ele dmg added to spell mods from gear half of ur dmg are elemental, ur blade vortex only get 108% dmg boost from the skill tree.. is that really enough?

this spell has a short range and the blades dont run to targets like srs. You won't be casting it in a safe place like srs. So if you are to facetank boss casting blade vortex, what other defensive mechanics will you use beside stacking life?
Last edited by g2g on Dec 9, 2015, 7:12:29 AM
It's too early to tell. It is a very defensive build. Also hence it is very static and facetanky I'd go mass armor and pick the Soul of steel cluster. You won't have enough block to spellblock properly too. I feel it is very arsh in the survival department.

The main issue I have with the spell atm is the clearspeed. It feels weaker than others spells so even if it doesn't scale to high high tier maps it doesn't feel that great at farming either.
Last edited by galuf on Dec 9, 2015, 7:35:37 AM
"
g2g wrote:
from what I see the tree only has
20% increased Area Damage
59% increased Spell Damage
12% increased Physical Damage
34% increased Elemental Damage

say with ele dmg added to spell mods from gear half of ur dmg are elemental, ur blade vortex only get 108% dmg boost from the skill tree.. is that really enough?

this spell has a short range and the blades dont run to targets like srs. You won't be casting it in a safe place like srs. So if you are to facetank boss casting blade vortex, what other defensive mechanics will you use beside stacking life?

The main dmg is accomplished by the 43% increased cast speed, and spell echo, also the blades will last several seconds so you actually can cast them in a save spot, also we don't know the exact range since it is said to gain increased area of effect while leveling, that combined with 40% increased aoe (slightly less due to tree changes, but more aoe dmg)should get a good range, atleast as much as rightious fire, whith receives a 60% increase in aoe, we'll see how it goes, i;ll try it in normal with a 70 char, before trying it out in the talisman league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info