Melee Ice Crasher wih only 33% dmg reduction - will I make it?

Im guessing your working on your lvl 79 templar correct? Fortify would be a huge help I use it on my cyclone character. You wont directly see the damage reduction it applies in your character sheet but it does help out a lot. It also adds some extra dps which is nice.

Personally I would do icecrash with a 2h melee weapon instead of duel wield. Id suggest swapping your sward/dagger for a nice 2h mace. As for links I would suggest Icecrash - Melee Physical damage - Faster attacks - Fortify and for the last link either weapon elemental damage or life leech/ Life on hit if you need it. I made a tree for a 2h ice crash starting as templar here

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBBLMFLQd1CZYJuwthDF8OPBQgFHEWbxiRGjgcpyE0IVUkqjbpOQ46Ujs7PAU8LUCgQT9Gt0d-SdVKmFBHUeZTpVnzXhNfP2FSZU1mVGaeZ5toWGhlaPJyD3KpdO12rHdTeHp673zZg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqidiLjJBVlFyUb5d5nsWiAKknqZSsqq2Nrj6vbLQvtz68n702vqfAZsCmxFjE9sauzGbPftNv15bYvdlh2sHcPeNq5FHqGO8O707vfPAf82_z3fZI9zL46_nd-tL-Cg==

For auras id suggest running at least Hatred and Arctic armour.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Last edited by Dethklok on Nov 28, 2015, 6:00:05 PM
Here is my 2h ice crash gear and then ill link skill tree and explain a couple gem setups that are awesome when used together.

TREE
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAZEB5wSHBLMFLQY5Dc0UIBRNGJEaOBo-GlUcziE0Jy8rUC3SL8wyTjboOtg7OzwFPQ89_ECgQT9Hfk1GUEdRYFHmVw1X4lhjXz9hIWLsZU1o8nKpdO12rHdTd-V5OXrvfLt82X31fuKCB4KbhNmE74-ZkFWRzpZslnSexZ7Nn8uf36IApzCtja-ntC-2hryfvTa-p8BmwL_BgsQVxFjEuMT2xtjPftIh1fjZYdrB4XPkUenV6hjtIO8O73zwH_Iv8kHzBvZI9zL7qvxL_lQ=?accountName=universal777&characterName=Roarkous

GEAR
Spoiler

Now don't worry about not having a 5L/6L or any top notch gear. When I started this build in a fresh league I used a 4L for both my single target (heavy strike) and ice crash the whole league and did just fine. For gearing options I recommend checking out poe.trade and looking at some 2h maces with 400+ physical dps. Now should you need help with some gear I'll gladly open up my chest and see what I can help you out with. Just message me @Hermetica and we'll go from there.

Now for some defensive gem setups. I like using Vengeance - stun - endurance charge on stun - life gain on hit. With this configuration it'll help against yourself being stunned, and if you get surrounded etc you can stun your surroundings, get some charges then A LOT of life. By using these gems it provides an extra layer of defense which is what you need as 2h.

The 2nd one I like to use is the tried and true cast when damage taken. I generally keep mine at level sevenish and use it with enfeeble (or temporal chains) which is quite strong against all enemies as 2h'er.

Now I like to experiment with other options like arctic armour instead of using herald of ash. I use to use arctic armour with hypothermia gem and it works well with ice crash. Also one of the warcry gems slows down enemies which adds an additional layer of defense. I also have five endurance charges and only use immortal call when theres a few giant skeles and certain rock dudes, among other bosses as well.

For flasks I use a Jade flask because I didnt take the unwavering node and I needed a bit of evasion to add another layer of defense as evasion is quite strong for melee. My armor rating is at 5.1k(34%) and evasion is 2k(19%) at level 81. With eva flask its 44%.

I think thats all for now but im sure i missed something. If youve have questions hit me up.
"
universal777 wrote:
Here is my 2h ice crash gear and then ill link skill tree and explain a couple gem setups that are awesome when used together.

TREE
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAZEB5wSHBLMFLQY5Dc0UIBRNGJEaOBo-GlUcziE0Jy8rUC3SL8wyTjboOtg7OzwFPQ89_ECgQT9Hfk1GUEdRYFHmVw1X4lhjXz9hIWLsZU1o8nKpdO12rHdTd-V5OXrvfLt82X31fuKCB4KbhNmE74-ZkFWRzpZslnSexZ7Nn8uf36IApzCtja-ntC-2hryfvTa-p8BmwL_BgsQVxFjEuMT2xtjPftIh1fjZYdrB4XPkUenV6hjtIO8O73zwH_Iv8kHzBvZI9zL7qvxL_lQ=?accountName=universal777&characterName=Roarkous

Why do you have all those shield passives in there?

I'm trying to understand the absolute cluster-cough that are skillbuilds in PoE, thus thanks in advance!
Last edited by Tad30s on Nov 29, 2015, 7:20:04 AM
"
universal777 wrote:

TREE
Spoiler

GEAR
Spoiler

Now don't worry about not having a 5L/6L or any top notch gear. When I started this build in a fresh league I used a 4L for both my single target (heavy strike) and ice crash the whole league and did just fine. For gearing options I recommend checking out poe.trade and looking at some 2h maces with 400+ physical dps. Now should you need help with some gear I'll gladly open up my chest and see what I can help you out with. Just message me @Hermetica and we'll go from there.

Now for some defensive gem setups. I like using Vengeance - stun - endurance charge on stun - life gain on hit. With this configuration it'll help against yourself being stunned, and if you get surrounded etc you can stun your surroundings, get some charges then A LOT of life. By using these gems it provides an extra layer of defense which is what you need as 2h.

The 2nd one I like to use is the tried and true cast when damage taken. I generally keep mine at level sevenish and use it with enfeeble (or temporal chains) which is quite strong against all enemies as 2h'er.

Now I like to experiment with other options like arctic armour instead of using herald of ash. I use to use arctic armour with hypothermia gem and it works well with ice crash. Also one of the warcry gems slows down enemies which adds an additional layer of defense. I also have five endurance charges and only use immortal call when theres a few giant skeles and certain rock dudes, among other bosses as well.

For flasks I use a Jade flask because I didnt take the unwavering node and I needed a bit of evasion to add another layer of defense as evasion is quite strong for melee. My armor rating is at 5.1k(34%) and evasion is 2k(19%) at level 81. With eva flask its 44%.

I think thats all for now but im sure i missed something. If youve have questions hit me up.

Thanks for all this - really apreciate it - my dmg at 81 is 18k which I'm pretty happy with, but it's just the defence - i do 2.5 attacks per second and hit fast using faster attacks. Why would a 2h give me more dmg as my swords are 220 - 240 pdps?
I'm trying to get a light coil to reduce dmg. I like arctic armour, but theres not a lot of mana left after Hatred.
Also, on the Templar tree, Id like to get another frenzy charge, but there arent any.

My gems are 18 atm, but expect to do 20-25k dmg when they hit 20.
It's just my defence that sucks.

TYVM for long and detailed response. :)\

PS - your build looks to be in the 20-30ex range and Im too stingy to pay that. Do you intend to lvl to 100?

Turnip
Last edited by Turniphead2 on Nov 29, 2015, 10:23:02 AM
"
Tad30s wrote:
"
universal777 wrote:

TREE
Spoiler

Why do you have all those shield passives in there?

Because obviously he has screwed up his character XD
He does not use a shield and has a lot of points spent in shield. That is called screwing up...

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
If you are afraid of physical damage you can use daresso's defience to get end charges and cast on damage taken with immortal call it provides enough time for you to run or finish
"
Actkqk wrote:

Because obviously he has screwed up his character XD
He does not use a shield and has a lot of points spent in shield. That is called screwing up...

T'was my initial thought, but then i wondered if some aura counts as having a shield.

Thanks for clearing that
Last edited by Tad30s on Nov 29, 2015, 11:59:27 AM
I've been advised on lighting coil for dmg reduction. Seems to be better than daressso's
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
HEYA!

A big thankyou to all the advisors bout the lightning coil.

Got one for 1ex25c with 70 max life and its MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

It was indeed the answer and I'm surviving a lot better and managed to max out res apart from 1% off lightning.

But I'm taking much smaller hits.

This armour is awesome.

One question I now have 5072 life.

Should I grab more life nodes or go for more attack?

Currently 20kdps with gems at lvl 18

THX AGAIN!

:)

Looks like I'll make it to 90hopefully.

TYVM

Turnip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info