Top causes for death in PoE?

Having leveled a fair amount characters I thought it'd be fun to list the top causes of death for the current patch.

1. Map bosses - nothing in the game presents as much challenge as a hard map boss with even 1 damage modifier - easily avoided by simply not doing the boss
2. Map affixes - vulnerability and -max is instant death if you're hit by the wrong attack at the wrong time and makes some bosses literally impossible to do - easily avoided by being cautious or simply re rolling
3. Random crits especially from crit map mod - AKA when evasion fails
4. Reflect pack - Nerfed to death and usually harmless for most builds now - Sadly gated behind atziri gloves for high dps builds
5. Corrupting blood line - this one hurts evasion much more and mandates at least one staunching flask on all builds.
6. Yolo strong box with freeze/detonate dead or FPS melt
7. playing tired
8. apparently lag/dc? I've never had this happen
9. stupidity and arrogance - should i do this -max vuln map with crit???
10. A moment to honour our fallen warrior - Desync
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 29, 2015, 1:11:57 PM

For me it would be a lack of attention or tiredness, or a sudden surprise attack which I don't expect.

I still think that the act 4 end game bosses are crazy hard, especially Malachi, depending on which char you are playing.

Map bosses...the usual ones that everyone is aware of.

If you tend to play like I do though, in a rather reckless gung-ho face-tank style, then you can expect to die a lot more than usual.. :)

That totem with "Allies always deal critical strike" isn't in top 10 mayby, but deserves honorary mention imo.
Burn all the orbs!
My own lack of awareness.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
1. Instant death, due to damage taking your life from max to 0 in less than 1 secon, having no time to react. Regardless of your life//defences.
2. Hard fights with heavy visual effects resulting in lag and compromising your reactions.
3. Dissconections.
I'd also like to take this time to honor our (mostly) fallen adversary, Desync.

May his legacy live on, as the #1 reason people claimed to have died.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Pivoting on Shade of Aran.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
4. Reflect pack - Nerfed to death and usually harmless for most builds now - Sadly gated behind atziri gloves for high dps builds

Atziri Acuity and Vaal Pact doing the exact same thing; the only difference is that you'll loose your life regen.

The problem are the numbers of LL gem: Before nerf, reflected damage on mobs was 15% (3.75% after resis). You could bypass that with 9% LL gem and VP at 40% (thats 3.6% leeched back)...nowadays you have 2% instant over 3.75% incoming damage..
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

DC. Lag.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Playing while tired

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info