Thank you, Grinding Gear Games

Mothers are the salt of the earth.

Long suffering, patient, kind and loving, they give of themselves freely and go without just to satisfy their children's needs.

Thank you for reminding me how valuable and loving my mum was to me.

And thank you, and by proxy your mother for your contribution to this incredible game! I read your whole post then I went to take a closer look at the card and started to tear up a little.

I'm glad to hear that you don't let the perpetually dissatisfied individuals get to you - you have no reason to apologize or explain yourself, but I'm glad you did! I remember reading the reveal discussion where folks were casting dispersions. I contemplated the name of the item and the dexterity/intelligence interaction and wondered what might be story behind the card for those choices of symbols - I wasn't disappointed!

There are a lot of people in the world who are sad and angry, and sometimes they take it out on others. These cards are about the people who paid to support GGG and the game we love - the cards don't hurt the rest of the players by not fitting their personal desires. <sigh>
Last edited by Shaihalud222 on Nov 26, 2015, 7:42:21 PM
Thank you for getting your story out there. I'll think of your tribute every time I trade one of these sets in.
Wow, that was a nice read; sounds like a fitting tribute for a nice person. Congratulations & good work OP!
When I first saw the card I thought there was a lot of sweetness in it, more than in any other image. Now I know why.
You made a wonderful tribute to her.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
May she rest in peace.

P.S: this is not the first time I read something so moving in this forum. This means something :)
The Narra-Tor
"
Shaihalud222 wrote:
And thank you, and by proxy your mother for your contribution to this incredible game! I read your whole post then I went to take a closer look at the card and started to tear up a little.

I'm glad to hear that you don't let the perpetually dissatisfied individuals get to you - you have no reason to apologize or explain yourself, but I'm glad you did! I remember reading the reveal discussion where folks were casting dispersions. I contemplated the name of the item and the dexterity/intelligence interaction and wondered what might be story behind the card for those choices of symbols - I wasn't disappointed!

There are a lot of people in the world who are sad and angry, and sometimes they take it out on others. These cards are about the people who paid to support GGG and the game we love - the cards don't hurt the rest of the players by not fitting their personal desires. <sigh>

I don't blame some of the player's dissatisfaction with a card that gives such an item, especially since all the cards aren't built around a specific concept or to tell a story. However, for people such as myself, Lantador, and other supporters who I've not realized, the cards that do tell a story definitely seem to be the most engaging. It fills me with overwhelming joy to see that this card seems to have done the same for you and the others who have taken the time to read the original post!

"
By_Tor wrote:
When I first saw the card I thought there was a lot of sweetness in it, more than in any other image. Now I know why.
You made a wonderful tribute to her.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
May she rest in peace.

P.S: this is not the first time I read something so moving in this forum. This means something :)

Nor is it my first time, either! What particularly comes to mind is Lantador's tribute to his wife on his divination card submission. Knowing of such a thoughtful gesture was what gave me the courage to do the same for my mother. Considering the fact that these cards are supposed to fit the theme of the game and tend to focus around the lore within the game itself, I didn't initially think something like this would be possible. Thankfully, the folks at GGG are insanely awesome!
A boy with a computer.
Beautiful tribute and card mate. Happy Holidays to you and yours.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
I personally haven't had a mother or father in my life but am so happy that you had one such as her.

Im sure she's as proud of you as she always was and likewise you of her. <3

GG GGG
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
Thanks for supporting the game, but even more thanks for sharing the card's emotional backstory!
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Thank you for sharing your story with the community. Your card is definitely a beautiful tribute to your mother, and yes, I too am grateful for the great company that GGG is, by allowing its fans to add a piece of themselves into the game, via the old closed/open beta supporter uniques, and now with the divination cards, as well as all of the many other great things that GGG do that make them awesome! I recently dealt with support on an issue, and I've always had the best things to say about Support, but for real, they outdid themselves over the weekend.
I am currently in the process of a payment plan for the Highgate pack, and haven't really even begun to think of what I'd like to do, but I doubt I will until I'm finished paying off the pack, and it's a real option then. Also, by then, many more cards will have been created and implemented into the game, so I'll have to see what my options are at that time. I'm sure with new content being added all of the time, that shouldn't be an issue of there ever running out of divination card ideas. But, thanks to your share, I'll definitely have some inspiration of what I'd like to do with my card, when that time comes.
May your mother rest in eternal peace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info