Buyout Market

I think there could & should be a sort of marketplace to facilitate more convenient trading in PoE. You could list things for a buyout price, giving the marketplace your items and then someone who finds the item listed on the marketplace gives that orb(s) to the marketplace who in turn gives the buyer the listed item. When the seller logs back in (or checks the market again, really), the market has the orb(s) for him. It's not really an auction because you can't barter prices (though you could still do what you do now and wait for that person to come online and barter in person), but I think something like this would make trading a hell of a lot friendlier.
IGN: Prospectus
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The undesirable part of an auction house is the automation.
GGG specifically doesn't want exactly what you're suggesting.

We already have a way to search for buyouts in the form of poe.trade.
current system is a fail, players with just some stash tabs urgently wanting to sell items just look up the current buyouts of this item and place it in poe.trade cheaper because getting rid of the item fast means space for another sale on their restricted stash and so more income.

this results in intermediate items which don't sell fast becoming 1 chaos sellouts or less in temp leagues.

I CAN GET A FUCKN LIONEYES GLARE WHICH OUTCLASSES 80% OF ALL BOWS IN NEW LEAGUES FOR JUST SOME CHAOS IN NO TIME.

which is wrong in so many ways, this item should stay above one exalt or 40 chaos for more than 4 weeks into the league.

so how does your suggestion improve that situation?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 24, 2015, 8:54:00 PM
I think we'll see asynchronous trading... eventually. But, by the sounds of things, it might not be until this time next year (2016).

It's still in the, "Yeah, we didn't start that yet" phase.

This means you might be able to accept and deny offers from the website, or while in a map, and even if players don't play at the same times.
"
vio wrote:

I CAN GET A FUCKN LIONEYES GLARE WHICH OUTCLASSES 80% OF ALL BOWS IN NEW LEAGUES FOR JUST SOME CHAOS IN NO TIME.

which is wrong in so many ways, this item should stay above one exalt or 40 chaos for more than 4 weeks into the league.

If those sellers want to trade them for a couple of chaos, then that is their right to do so.

Why should a Lioneye's Glare stay above 40 chaos and a Terminus not? Everyone values items differently. Beauty of the game.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Nov 25, 2015, 1:04:13 PM
"
vio wrote:
current system is a fail, players with just some stash tabs urgently wanting to sell items just look up the current buyouts of this item and place it in poe.trade cheaper

Are you insinuating tha PoE is pay to win because if I do not have stash I'm forced to sell as soon as possible at a low price, rather than sell later for an higher price?

"
vio wrote:

Remove extra stash tabs form MTX. Gives a few extra stash for completing some challenges.

But,

"
GGG specifically doesn't want exactly what I'm suggesting.
Roma timezone (Italy)
"
vio wrote:
current system is a fail, players with just some stash tabs urgently wanting to sell items just look up the current buyouts of this item and place it in poe.trade cheaper because getting rid of the item fast means space for another sale on their restricted stash and so more income.

this results in intermediate items which don't sell fast becoming 1 chaos sellouts or less in temp leagues.

A problem is atm that it's better to only sell 10 chaos + items as the rest isn't worth the trouble listing + meeting a player imo. Because you can farm very fast a lot of currency just using the chaos recipe.

A thing to solve this issue is having leagues which limit trading to 1 item per week or no trading at all (self found).
"
Reinhart wrote:
If those sellers want to trade them for a couple of chaos, then that is their right to do so.

i was not discussing from the players' but from the game's point of view.
the player has pretty much only the right to follow the mechanics of the game which are at fault here because they cause item price deflation which trivializes the game play for casual players.

"
Sogolon wrote:

A thing to solve this issue is having leagues which limit trading to 1 item per week or no trading at all (self found).

it's recommended practice to open and level up a second account to do the trading on a second game instance running in a virtual machine so trading doesn't interrupt your game play.
accounts are free and virtual machines are easily copyable, this is not really a restriction.

"no trading" is a no go. devs want trading as a integral part of player interaction. which i support although rarely trade myself.

"
HellGauss wrote:

Are you insinuating tha PoE is pay to win because if I do not have stash I'm forced to sell as soon as possible at a low price, rather than sell later for an higher price?

see, i got alot of tabs and i would wish to have some incentive to sell those items which get stuck in there as soon as a temp league starts.

but there is no such incentive, opening a shop with all the hassles and additional communication is not worth the occasional chaos or fusing you get out of it. which is likely intentional by devs to keep the trading frequency low.

it occasionally happens that there is a good drop which would bring an exalt or two. but even then it's more rewarding to just give it to a guildie who will sometimes help you out with something later on.

so for me, additional stash tabs aren't pay to win because even if you sell your 5 chaos item after a week others who underbid you and sell 6 items for 3 chaos in the same time are better off.

"
HellGauss wrote:
Remove extra stash tabs form MTX. Gives a few extra stash for completing some challenges

currently, roaming the cities of wraeclast gives me eye cancer because over half of the players are wearing the same gear, the one they got for free just by playing the game. it's highly unlikely they spend another dime for more armor pieces.

that leaves the money of some notorious poe fans and stash tabs as income source to pay the 60 developers, the office rent and server costs. you take away one of these sources and the servers shut down.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
pneuma wrote:
The undesirable part of an auction house is the automation.
GGG specifically doesn't want exactly what you're suggesting.

We already have a way to search for buyouts in the form of poe.trade.

It is the lack of automation that makes trading such a pain in the ass. Having to be online all the damn time just to trade is ridiculous. PoE is far and away the best ARPG atm, so I have no intentions of moving on until something better is available, but man do I hate trading in this game. I already have 30+ stash tabs, and while I could weed through them all to junk the worst items and re-evaluate all those items, I've already done that before, and sorted through everything to price it with Procurement. I have absolutely no desire to go through all those items again. Inventory management is not fun, playing the game is what's fun. Not trying to sell the good items you find, but don't need is disheartening, but the current system makes it such a pain that I would rather stop playing for awhile again than sort through my items. Of course, upon return from a break, it is highly unlikely I'll want to sort through items vice playing the game/trying a new build, which has been shortening my play sessions. All games like this get old after awhile and require a break, it's pretty sad that the trading system is bad enough to make folks want to stop playing before they get tired of the gameplay though.
IGN: Prospectus
"
Kiristo wrote:
it's pretty sad that the trading system is bad enough to make folks want to stop playing before they get tired of the gameplay though.

No one forces you to trade to enjoy the gameplay. If you find it infuriating, just don't trade and simply play!
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info