Talismans and Standard

"
raics wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
none of the implicit mods on the talismans were particularly earth shatteringly good

Most of them were fine, but some messed with existing itemization concepts bigtime. Best examples were probably Horned, Primal Skull and Longtooth, as they offer mods which are available in limited quantities or not at all. I mean, why would you ever use a shaper's seed if you could get a nicely rolled skull which can have core stats in addition to regen.

minions , allies , level requirement . pink and blue aura.. cheap item base to corrupt +1 curse on.

over all shaper's seed is a ridiculously versatile levelling unique .

strictly speaking shapers seed is roughly 15% of all possible passive life regen you could get for minions and in practical terms about 30% of their regen for the purpose of leveling.

but to the main point , the mods on the talismans were good. but they weren’t so powerful to make up for the awful rng and the corruptions that made them uncraftable. It was good that they were uncraftable. but too many of them were a waste of space/time white and blue talismans.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 14, 2016, 1:31:34 PM
It was actually very hard (I mean low odds) to get something useful from it. With three chars Ive made (avg lvl 85) Ive actually got only two rare talismans that were kinda useful. Have no idea how lucky/unlucky I was, but I got better items from Cadiro before I finished cruel difficulty :)

grinding 125 rare talismans to get poor rolled T4 one was very unrewarding and frustrating
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
over all shaper's seed is a ridiculously versatile levelling unique.

Of course, wasn't saying it's useless, it is versatile and useful during levelling indeed but its endgame value is in 2% regen. That amount of regen is pretty powerful but you pay for that power by giving up core stats which increases pressure on other slots, which you avoid with a good skull talisman.

"
Ludvator wrote:
grinding 125 rare talismans to get poor rolled T4 one was very unrewarding and frustrating

Exactly, scarcity balanced it out and that wouldn't fly if it becomes permament, we would probably have talismans replacing regular amulets entirely in a year or two, and that probably isn't what they intended.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 14, 2016, 1:40:58 PM
"
raics wrote:

Of course, wasn't saying it's useless, it is versatile and useful during levelling indeed but its endgame value is in 2% regen. That amount of regen is pretty powerful but you pay for that power by giving up core stats which increases pressure on other slots, which you avoid with a good skull talisman.

true , true, but then again i dont think the shaper's seed is trying to be an end game item. its level requirement can be met mid way through normal difficulty. people just use it that way because ggg made some of the other methods of scaling life regen terrible

(LOOKING AT YOU VITALITY YOU PIECE OF CRAP!)

but still, it has a place a very useful place.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 14, 2016, 1:43:45 PM
they could probably return Talismans as Zana mod, if they made all (except T4 ones) T1 thus droppable. No stones, no Rigwald
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
they could probably return Talismans as Zana mod, if they made all (except T4 ones) T1 thus droppable. No stones, no Rigwald

not really talisman at that point...
Well, at least I hope Perandus league will be merged into Standard when it finishes, people say it's a great idea.
The Lord's Labyrinth awaits you.
Choose wisely, strike quickly.
Thrust completely.
And may you find the ending that you deserve.
I had fun vendoring all those crappy talismans the other day when I logged in. So much work so little reward. As in none. A 1ex ammy beat all my lvl4s all to hell. Good riddens.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 15, 2016, 9:12:18 AM
"
here let me paint a picture. imagine you are in cruel and you go into dry lake. and immediately you get hit by a freezing tempest that us by a warband and while fighting them you trigger a beyond mob which chases you into an invasion blob all the while some wierd ass talisman that dropped from a white mob gets picked up by the beyonder.

thats a logout and never go back moment. but that is exactly the issue ggg needs to be considering with these leagues.

Honestly, that sounds totally awesome, but I may be a masochist.

I kind of wish they put the talisman monsters into vaal side areas or their own side ares so people could grind them if they want, but could bypass them otherwise. I thought Rigvald was a fun little fight and the talismans were a decent concept.
"
FarmerTed wrote:
I kind of wish they put the talisman monsters into vaal side areas or their own side ares so people could grind them if they want, but could bypass them otherwise. I thought Rigvald was a fun little fight and the talismans were a decent concept.

puting them in side areas is a good idea,
i think one per tora side mission/ daily would fit the talis theme very well and on top of that this would make farming them very limited (i think they should be not that easy to farm in large quantitys).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info