Talismans and Standard

Will Talismans only spawn in the new League? or will they also spawn in Standard?
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2016, 10:44:05 PM
Only within the temporary Talisman leagues, I would think.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Usually new league stuff is exclusive to it, at least until it ends, then gets added to standard.

"
Rafein wrote:
Usually new league stuff is exclusive to it, at least until it ends, then gets added to standard.

Thats assuming it works well enough and can be incorporated into standard...not all temp league features do
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Interesting. Kay thanks!
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Thats assuming it works well enough and can be incorporated into standard...not all temp league features do

Indeed, though I'm fairly optimistic about talismans. It isn't an intrusive mechanic like Beyond, Invasion, Warbands or Tempest, I can see nothing objectionable about from what we know so far.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Indeed, though I'm fairly optimistic about talismans. It isn't an intrusive mechanic like Beyond, Invasion, Warbands or Tempest, I can see nothing objectionable about from what we know so far.

Plus GGG made a new boss for that league and stone circles. Would be a shame if all that work went to waste.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
I'm sorry for necrobumping this thread, but I'm wondering why they didn't brought Talisman league to Standard. Any ETA? It is the first time they don't bring an already finished league to Standard :(
The Lord's Labyrinth awaits you.
Choose wisely, strike quickly.
Thrust completely.
And may you find the ending that you deserve.
"
MekaDragon wrote:
I'm sorry for necrobumping this thread, but I'm wondering why they didn't brought Talisman league to Standard. Any ETA? It is the first time they don't bring an already finished league to Standard :(

there are many factors for why

1 ggg was very obvious that they considered talismans to be overpowered in some way and thus allowing them to exist in standard where there would be a near infinite amount of time to find one with perfect roles could be considered an issue... though i dont know why ... none of the implicit mods on the talismans were particularly earth shatteringly good

2 the league itself was centred around a very targeted grind . this probably the main reason why it wont be seen for a while. fact is that talisman barely worked in its own league. most of the time people would get 1 or two half way decent talismans (usually tier 1s or 2s) and found the grind up to tier 3s and 4s and rigwald too time consuming.

keep in mind that every league they add to standard has to be diminished in the frequency it appears both to make room for it and to make room for the next league mechanics without having the content overwhelm the player.

that wont fly for talisman. it needs to be prevalent. or it as a system flat out wont work.

all the people i know who thought talisman as a league was good, did so only because they went out of there way to make it work for them. for almost everyone else ... talisman played like vanilla poe and had little to no impact at all.

3 some mechanics simply do not work when rolled in to the core game. they are too exotic or punishing to exist in regular play and work only as a flavourful temp league event.

tempest and warbands were good examples of this. can you imagine all the shit you would need to worry about if those kinds of leagues made it to core.

here let me paint a picture. imagine you are in cruel and you go into dry lake. and immediately you get hit by a freezing tempest that us by a warband and while fighting them you trigger a beyond mob which chases you into an invasion blob all the while some wierd ass talisman that dropped from a white mob gets picked up by the beyonder.

thats a logout and never go back moment. but that is exactly the issue ggg needs to be considering with these leagues.

talisman also wont work as a map mod because of all the grinding you need to do to get it too work, you would need to run countless talisman map mods to get anything done. and that is assuming you get the stone circles every time.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 14, 2016, 1:20:20 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
none of the implicit mods on the talismans were particularly earth shatteringly good

Most of them were fine, but some messed with existing itemization concepts bigtime. Best examples were probably Horned, Primal Skull and Longtooth, as they offer mods which are available in limited quantities or not at all. I mean, why would you ever use a shaper's seed if you could get a nicely rolled skull which can have core stats in addition to regen.

I'm one of those that liked Talisman but I can understand the reasoning behind the decision. They can be very powerful and using availability as balancing factor wouldn't work in dumpster league the way it did in temps.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 14, 2016, 1:28:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info