What is the counter balance to ascendant classes?

"
Zvim wrote:
You wont have any nodes during normal, so that wont need to be touched. You will have 2 nodes through cruel, I doubt just 2 nodes will have a massive impact. You will have 4 nodes for Merciless, that is where you might see some slight adjustment but the biggest impact will be deep Merc and into mapping where you will have the 6 nodes.

Perhaps the new challenge area will be significantly harder and the power boost will be balanced, perhaps GGG has seen a lot of people skip map bosses and harder map mods because they do not feel their character is tough enough or does enough damage to do the fights and these are designed for a wider variety of builds to be able to do more of the challenging fights with less of a focus required on a handful of cookie cutter builds that can handle the end game content.

This.

There has been a lot of talk about the difficulty spike in act 4. Soon you will have the opportunity to get a boost before each time going into act 4. And since a good portion of the danger comes from traps, running the Labyrinth for the Ascendancy points shouldn't over level the character significantly before moving on. If implemented well, this could be a great add to the game.

Do I smell an endless Labyrinth race?

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"

There has been a lot of talk about the difficulty spike in act 4. Soon you will have the opportunity to get a boost before each time going into act 4. And since a good portion of the danger comes from traps, running the Labyrinth for the Ascendancy points shouldn't over level the character significantly before moving on. If implemented well, this could be a great add to the game.

The problem with the spike isn't overcoming it. It's what happens to the game after you do. Acts 1-3 of the next difficulty are trivialized by any character that can beat act 4. Your "boost" will only make this problem worse.
I don't think GGG is going to counter-balance as hard as you guys think. They've kind of followed a pendulum of difficulty where the game gets harder, but then much easier, and then harder again. The Awakening was quite hard for most players, so I think the Ascendancy is going to make the game easier.

That being said, GGG is probably also reworking systems like crit and some of the other OP mechanics in the game, so we'll definitely have to see what's being changed in 2.1 and 2.2 before complaining about how ridiculously powerful our characters are or how ridiculously powerful the monsters are.
They gonna have to introduce Torment 7 through 10.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
This game has never been balanced. There has always been OP, gets the job done, or worthless.

Maybe they have given up on tweaking numbers and decided to pass out game breaking mechanics for a season.
E
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
Maybe they have given up on tweaking numbers and decided to pass out game breaking mechanics for a season.

I think this will come out in April be an April Fool's joke and all the Ascendancy trees will be nerfed back down to reality.

Makes no sense when they add fortify to help melee only give it to Duelists that are ranged. Or they nerfed block from Acrobatics only to give Duelists 100% of block chance applied to spells with 4 nodes. I feel like I am Neo and have taken the wrong pill.
I need a signature to look legit
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
Makes no sense when they add fortify to help melee only give it to Duelists that are ranged. Or they nerfed block from Acrobatics only to give Duelists 100% of block chance applied to spells with 4 nodes. I feel like I am Neo and have taken the wrong pill.

"With 4 nodes", as if it's some tiny amount. Note that it equates to "with 67% of all their points".
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Hunt8722 wrote:

"With 4 nodes", as if it's some tiny amount. Note that it equates to "with 67% of all their points".

Something that was impossible to get before (without using 2-4 gear slots) is now not a tiny amount because it takes 4 nodes.
I need a signature to look legit
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Hunt8722 wrote:

Something that was impossible to get before (without using 2-4 gear slots) is now not a tiny amount because it takes 4 nodes.

I think you should look at it more in terms of opportunity cost than just saying "Only 4 nodes."
IGN: ragol
"
Hunt8722 wrote:

Yeah, because who likes to have a unique character, whether uniqueness comes through passive tree or equipment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info