Is it really a good idea to make monsters unmovable? Including bosses

So I looked at this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy

And found under "New Items" an unique called "Singularity" which has an intersting mod:
"Nearby Enemies have 33% reduced movement speed"

Add Level 21 Abyssal Cry for another 27% reduced movement speed (= 60% reduced movement speed with singularity)

Now something I'm not completly sure, Temporal Chains Level 21 + 20 Quality would apply the following effect "Cursed Enemies are x% slower" (x would be 40). It doesn't state if reduced or less but if it is reduced... our enemies (including bosses) have 100% reduced movement speed -> they can't move at all.

There should be something to prevent it. Besides Singularity is a sceptre so you could dual wield. I'm pretty sure that mod won't stack but if it does...

Opinions?
Last edited by SuperMotte on Nov 20, 2015, 8:49:26 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
a) Not sure how they stack, additive or multiplicative
b) You can already get stuff pretty damn slow with chilled ground + Temp Chains
c) Bosses have strongly reduced effect of curses on them
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
a) reduced is always additive, less is always multiplicative. Like I said the only thing where I'm not sure is temporal chains since it doesn't use either one of these words.

b) Pretty slow is not the same as completly unmovable. Yes stuns and freezes make them unmovable too but you need to proc these effects while applying a curse, a cry and staying close is something pretty easy.
And don't forget the duration, curses and cries have relativly high durations and the mod from Singularity should apply as long as you stay close.

c) Okay that might be a problem. But at least you can make rares unmovable.

Err you could do this right now it's nothing new the fuck lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
SuperMotte wrote:
It doesn't state if reduced or less but if it is reduced... our enemies (including bosses) have 100% reduced movement speed -> they can't move at all.
Temporal Chains does not have any modifier to movement speed. It has a global slowing effect that applies at an entirely different level and cannot stack additively with modifiers to actual movement speed because it's applying to a different thing. This is why it uses different language.
It doesn't matter whether it's "reduced" or "less" in this case since that only matters for things modifying the same value. Technically it is a less modifier, which matters in terms of how it stacks with other "slow" effects (i.e. Chill).
But SuperMotte, the best part about a singularity is that you can never observe something reaching it. So, it's actually a pretty flavorful unique. :P
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Chill them.

Ghudda already did something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQvyZNoKD84
"
Blasted wrote:
Chill them.

Ghudda already did something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQvyZNoKD84

Well it's still not 100% I guess. Saw that one Monster moving one pixel. :D

+ He needed a lot of passives + some unique jewels. With the new Singularity you can go full damage as long as you wear that new sceptre. So probably not for Bow- or Melee-attackers (low damage) but for Summoners and Casters.
+ You can wield a shield with it.
+ You can add chill effects with that one too if necessary. With that the effect one bosses is probably even greater since the Singularity-mod isn't reduced by the "boss-status" but the increase in curse effect is.
+ I totally forgot about Enhance, that would work on that Version too. Same goes for Curse on Hit Quality bonus.

Conclussion: with Singularity it get's cheaper, A LOT CHEAPER.
But Singularity affects only movespeed, right? While chill+chains affect all actions. This unique isn't as OP as you think.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
But Singularity affects only movespeed, right? While chill+chains affect all actions. This unique isn't as OP as you think.

If you are a Ranger, Caster, Summoner or anything else but melee and your enemy is melee... it sure is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info