Ascendancy classes - RIP PVP?

"
Rupenus wrote:
haha. Just get Marylene's fallacy amulet with 160% crit multi and kill every CI in the game with one shot. It sounds broken to me.

Hehe, I was thinking the same about this and also the Shadow's base crit chance per power charges. Also templar's resist ignore on crit, if it's possible to get high enough crit with Templar. Who cares about doing less damage when you'd already do less damage on non crit.. Marylene's fallacy has been buffed enough over time that it's almost viable to use if your equipment isnt GG already.

Also what do you guys think of the Marauder's 5% reduced elemental damage taken per endurance charge? Looks pretty good to me :) Especially with things like legacy coil, redblade helmets and taste of hate in the game. PvE should be ez mode close your eyes and hold the cyclone button. For PvP, Mjolner got a nice buff :)
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Nov 24, 2015, 6:20:46 AM
I can't wait for the patch. I think it will be a breath of fresh air. So many OP things introduced for all, lets play with them. Sure something will be broken, but I bet ya its not something that looks broken at first sight.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Nothing new here guys for the pvp scene ! Like missuse said this is a breath of fresh air, HLD has always been broken for ever, many builds, many items were not designed taking pvp into considerations this leading pvp to what it is nowadays.

Just enjoy the new content, peace !
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
"
Rupenus wrote:
haha. Just get Marylene's fallacy amulet with 160% crit multi and kill every CI in the game with one shot. It sounds broken to me.

Relax everyone, it's 100% increase and not 100% more. Marylene give 40% less crit so you still cripple yourself using it.
"
IceDeal wrote:
100% increase and not 100% more

http://i.imgur.com/THFjrL2.png?1

Pretty sure it says 100% more on those two nodes regarding full life and low life targets. It's pretty insane if you ask me, especially couple with the base crit damage. Say you have an 8% crit dagger and 6 power charges up, without any other equipment or skillpoints you'd have an 88% crit chance against full life targets. It'd be very hard not to go far over the crit cap as a shadow against full life targets.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Nov 24, 2015, 10:04:59 AM
My bad, thought it was increase. Well RIP CI in pvp i guess :D
Just saw on Facebook about ascendancy and it's quite interesting. Though as it seems immortal builds will be more immortal and damage will be off the roof. Still i would love to see on release how these new op mechanics would work.
At this point I know pvp isnt even a thought to GGG. Its not their fault either imo. Too many people complaining about it, as with all games that have pvp and "balance". I just dont think GGG can't handle the negativity. I dream of a day where pvp is active again but sadly I dont think its coming friends. I have since switched my focus to other more realistically competitive pvp games. One of which is Gloria Victis which has a similar development style to PoE but actually better since its open sourced developed. I will be around on PoE but the hype and let downs have been too much. When there is 2v2s I will jump for joy.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Dec 5, 2015, 4:43:43 PM
I think GGG programmers are working on PVP with their own ways, and we just don't know how they do that. We did see their efforts, but the job is not done yet because there are new contents to be released. The only way we can do to help them now is to test the new contents. Enjoy being 1-shot in sarn arena and learn how to 1-shot people. Actually, it is not easy for some people. We can play other games while waiting until the real PVP tournaments are released. Actually, without PVP, the game may still live. The game needs many more things than just to be a good PVP environment to survive. So many other new games are gonna be released soon. And GGG must focus on many more things than just PVP to keep the game outstanding.
It's common knowledge (even confirmed by GGG) that pvp is not their priority. They really tried to push, heck, they even dedicated an entire patch and season about it but because of the game design (mostly carfting who allow incredible adavange if you dedicate to it) it never clicked with most of players.

Fair enought, I totally understand them but what i don't understand is back in the day, they took drastic measure about broken pvp mechanisms (like nerfing RF to oblivion) and right now they ignoring what's plaguing pvp since more than a year.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info