Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

AWESOME
19 New Classes!!!?! ZOMG that is amazing! I frickin love this ARPG and will be sure to buy a supporter pack in the near future :)
Thank you so much for your continued efforts on Path of Exile Devs. Also thanks to the players who continue to support and play this marvelous game. It's the no.1 game for me and with the constant revitalization via patches and expansions it's going to stay that way.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Nov 20, 2015, 5:39:29 PM
Wow really looks good, can't wait, even more to learn with all the new options for sub classes.

one for Chris if you could maybe answer this, when the awakening came out act 4 was revamped graphically and now with the new ascendancy i see you have carried this on, how come act 1,2 & 3 have not been revamped or is this not possible?
IGN: The_Nutcase
You're amazing!! This update looks awesome!! You are really the best!!

Great job GGG!!
Awesome Guys, You guys always seem to amaze me :)
Well played GGG...........

Well played

Looks fun although some builds are surely going to be OP
//

Mixed feelings on this.

Concerning the Labyrinth itself: Awesome! It brings back a lot of memories of "Bound" style maps from Starcraft and Warcraft days, and turns what is a simple hack and slash ARPG into an intense micro-management fest. It will be interesting to see how many of the "meta" builds fair against the traps in the labyrinth, and how they'll be forced to evolve to avoid them.

Enchantments: This seems too RNG gated, and is as useful as Master mod items. You can't control what item it'll be on or its variable. Here you can control the item, but not the mod or its variable. You could get a really nice enchantment upon completing the labyrinth one day but be unable to capitalize on it because you don't have an appropriate item. Imagine not having a nice ar, ev, or ar/ev helm when you get a helm enchantment for cyclone and you're forced to throw it on a trash es piece. Or just let it go to waste. Unless we can town portal in and out of the labyrinth upon completion to fully take advantage of this reward, it seems mediocre. At least everyone can tae advantage of glove enchantments. I only assume you can't portal in/out of the labyrinth because then many of its hazards would be trivial. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

Prestige Cla-excuse me-Ascendancy Classes: Can't decide if I love it or hate it. The obvious power creep is obvious. And the strength of the notables is insane. However, previously you could be a summoner templar or summoner shadow or summoner scion. Now if you want the summon nodes provided by The Necromancer (and any summoner WILL), you are FORCED into picking the witch class. This will likewise apply to many of the other prestige classes with niche fits. People made marauder spellcasters before. Not so sure they will do that anymore, considering the Ascendancy classes. At least Ranger wasn't gimped, since one of her revealed classes gives projectile damage while applies across the board. That'll help EK and FP casters who choose to go Ranger due to projectile damage/projectile speed node placement.

TL;DR
Spoiler
Love the labyrinth itself. Amazing dungeon dive/bound style strategy. Dislike my assumption on what enchantments will become (but it's too early to be sure). Can't tell if I like the Ascendancy classes because it forces you into certain chaacter classes to grab a specific one. Path of Exile was all about freedom of choice before. Now it won't be.

EDIT: After looking at all of the prestige class artwork, I'm stunned. PLEASE put all of them in your gallery so that we can use them for wallpapers on our desktop! We could always take screenshots, but that has all the skill point nodes on the art. Just upload the base artwork itself so we can use it!
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Nov 20, 2015, 6:00:54 PM
You guys are the best. Open an office on the east coast of usa and ill come work for ya :D
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
Love the labyrinth itself. Amazing dungeon dive/bound style strategy. Dislike my assumption on what enchantments will become (but it's too early to be sure). Can't tell if I like the Ascendancy classes because it forces you into certain chaacter classes to grab a specific one. Path of Exile was all about freedom of choice before. Now it won't be.[/spoiler]

This is my impression too. I don't really understand why so many people get hyped about the Ascendancy stuff. It makes me very worried actually since it seems to lock you into certain classes for certain builds much more than before. It's the polar opposite of what Path of Exile has been about for me since all the way back to beta times.

Everything else looks great, maybe enchantments could also be a bit overpowering, but the prestige classes really worry me. Power creep is natural but this seems like it could bring it to a whole new level, on top of limiting build variety.
IGN : Jovial

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info