Ascendancy Classes

Am i the only one who thinks that permanent fortify is really weak for melee?

I mean, while other melee classes can get 100% block chance applies to spells, crits bypass resists, godlike leeching, all you get is... fortify. Which you can already get from whirling blades or something.

EDIT: My current DW crit reaver stacks crit, so he has only 17% block chance. But even 17% spell block seems better than permanent fortify.
Last edited by whitified on Nov 25, 2015, 4:56:45 AM
"
I would like to know if the 30% increased damage +5 movement speed for yourself+allies from duelist node ''Inspirational'' stacks with other party members who take the same node. If so, imagine a full party with everyone taking that.

180% increased damage WOOOHOOO

Leer cast party is so yesterday

Imagine being that one champion in the party who does not have inspirational... LOL
Will the "Impact" node (Slayer Duelist) with the "Melee Attacks do Splash-Damage" be affected by "Increased Area of Effect" nodes/gems? Because it just says they do splash damage but not if this splash damage has a fixed area or if it can be modified.
=Licht ist Leben=
"
whitified wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks that permanent fortify is really weak for melee?

I mean, while other melee classes can get 100% block chance applies to spells, crits bypass resists, godlike leeching, all you get is... fortify. Which you can already get from whirling blades or something.

EDIT: My current DW crit reaver stacks crit, so he has only 17% block chance. But even 17% spell block seems better than permanent fortify.

Let's see. Fortify provides 20% reduction from all sources except dot. If we calculate total damage received from over 1000 hits with 17% block, on average it should be around 3% higher than with a Fortify. And spell block requires you to have something that allows to block in the first place, Fortify does not.
"
laminarija wrote:

Let's see. Fortify provides 20% reduction from all sources except dot. If we calculate total damage received from over 1000 hits with 17% block, on average it should be around 3% higher than with a Fortify. And spell block requires you to have something that allows to block in the first place, Fortify does not.

I think constant fortify (+20% = 24%) is a bit underrated as well. It's almost a must for two-handers these days, and you can use it in addition to shields if you want. Used beside five endurance charges and enfeeble, we're talking A LOT of damage reduction. Add a 40% block chance to that, and that 17%/17% doesn't seem that... Good... Anymore.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

I think constant fortify (+20% = 24%) is a bit underrated as well. It's almost a must for two-handers these days, and you can use it in addition to shields if you want. Used beside five endurance charges and enfeeble, we're talking A LOT of damage reduction. Add a 40% block chance to that, and that 17%/17% doesn't seem that... Good... Anymore.

Yes, but people who dont get the permanent fortify node can still get fortify, from whirling blades or something.

The way i see it, going champion for melee is simply a 24% vs 20% difference, plus you save a gem socket on a skill thats not your main attack anyway. The opportunity cost though, is 100% block chance applies to spell block (!)

I have to admit though, constant fortify does SEEM very tempting, as almost every single time my melee chars die its when my fortify duration ran out. But i can simply bypass that by spamming whirling blades every 5 seconds...

Dammit GGG, why cant you just let fortify trigger on every single melee non-movement skill
"
whitified wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

Yes, but people who dont get the permanent fortify node can still get fortify, from whirling blades or something.

The way i see it, going champion for melee is simply a 24% vs 20% difference, plus you save a gem socket on a skill thats not your main attack anyway. The opportunity cost though, is 100% block chance applies to spell block (!)

I have to admit though, constant fortify does SEEM very tempting, as almost every single time my melee chars die its when my fortify duration ran out. But i can simply bypass that by spamming whirling blades every 5 seconds...

Dammit GGG, why cant you just let fortify trigger on every single melee non-movement skill

Let's see:
1. Permanent.
2. Works without specific set of gear.
3. Frees up to two skill sockets.

If I'm playing Mirror/Blink Arrow Duelist, I'll pick Champion more often then Gladiator. If I'm running some kind dual-wielding Wild Strike build I will most likely prefer Gladiator over Champion.
Will the "Impact" node (Slayer Duelist) with the "Melee Attacks do Splash-Damage" be affected by "Increased Area of Effect" nodes/gems? Because it just says they do splash damage but not if this splash damage has a fixed area or if it can be modified.

Anyone?
=Licht ist Leben=
"
Hruthgard wrote:

Anyone?

Would guess it will be affected, but I'm no GGG.
What about getting Impact AND using Melee Splash?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info