What should I do with the three bandits?

UH NONONONO DUDE.

Once you have made the choices for bandits, you cannot change the rewards they give unless for a very expensive price. I suggest you do heavy research on the build you are using from forums and take whatever veterans advise you. If not you might end up having to restart your character.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
UH NONONONO DUDE.

Once you have made the choices for bandits, you cannot change the rewards they give unless for a very expensive price. I just you do heavy research on the build you are using from forums and take what veterans advice you. If not you might end up having to restart your character.

Picking the wrong bandit is hardly a big deal for a new player. If they get to a high level then they'll likely have the currency to change a bandit reward (at least after a little trade). If they don't get to a high level then they can start a new character, anyway.
What worry me is that there is a large influx of new players nowadays. Their attitude towards this game might be to just try out Torchlight 2 or Age of Empire.

They might not last until the end of the game where the real fun of the game starts to keep them playing just because the early game is too punishing. I am trying to make things less severe for them.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
What worry me is that there is a large influx of new players nowadays. Their attitude towards this game might be to just try out Torchlight 2 or Age of Empire.

They might not last until the end of the game where the real fun of the game starts to keep them playing just because the early game is too punishing. I am trying to make things less severe for them.

It's one bandit reward. If one bandit reward breaks your character, then your character was probably not very good to start with, which is a perfectly OK thing even for veterans. All that freaking out about one bandit reward will do is cause new players to stress out over every little decision they make about their characters instead of just playing the game and figuring out how things work for themselves.
For new players, do you think they are likely to mess up just one bandit choice or all three bandit choices?

That 20 orb of regrets hurt even long time players like me. Not to mention 60.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
For new players, do you think they are likely to mess up just one bandit choice or all three bandit choices?

That 20 orb of regrets hurt even long time players like me. Not to mention 60.

I know for a fact that they're going to mess up all 3 bandit choices, waste about 10 passives on pathing, pick a couple of bad clusters, get screwed on about a dozen trades, waste at least 20 chaos in currency, and find themselves completely incapable of progressing past Cruel Piety.

My point is this: it actually doesn't matter at all. Screw up, learn something, and make a new character. Letting yourself get paralyzed by every little thing is going to kill your experience playing Path of Exile, because there are millions upon millions of little things in Path of Exile, and then you hit level 70 and start mapping.
Last edited by XCodesLIVE on Nov 17, 2015, 10:30:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info