What should I do with the three bandits?

Should I kill them or help them? I'm a beginner so I dont know what to do
For normal difficulty you'll almost certainly want to help Oak, but killing them all is very similar. Matters a lot more in higher difficulties, and is also a lot more character-dependent.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
For normal difficulty you'll almost certainly want to help Oak, but killing them all is very similar. Matters a lot more in higher difficulties, and is also a lot more character-dependent.
alright. so help oak and kill the rest?
You can only help one of the bandits per difficulty, or alternatively kill them all.

Each one offers a different prize for helping them on each difficulty, and killing them all always grants you +1 Passive Tree Point (Which is sometimes more desirable than what the Bandits offer, sometimes less so depending on your build).

If this is your first playthrough (And it sounds like it is) then either Help Oak, or Kill all of them.
Heres wiki link for you

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Deal_with_the_Bandits

it lists the rewards under : Static reward.
Last edited by kellogz87 on Nov 15, 2015, 8:20:41 AM
Don't invite other players to "help" you on this one... it's a favored method of greifing. They'll often end up helping the bandits.
"
SparklingSoap wrote:
Should I kill them or help them? I'm a beginner so I dont know what to do

It all depends on what build you're using but in most cases, helping Oak in normal diffuculty is the best decision because the +40 HP will help you quite a lot.
Taking oak is good,but you need to take life nodes as well. Now for cruel.. the bonus that are offered r okay but with 2 nodes u can..can get same value pluse...with a jewel. Highly build dependant on the choice. Only when you plan out your build ( and it works) will u optimize your build.. honestly I haven't yet done that yet, but for the most builds meh.. doesn't hurt the build that much to chose wrong.
So, each of the bandits want you to kill the other bandits, and Eramir wants you to kill all of them. If you talk to each bandit, they'll tell you what they offer for a reward for helping them and killing the other two bandits. If you kill all of them, Eramir will give you a book of skill.

So just talk to the bandits, find out what they're offering, and then pick what sounds best from there.
The rewards are the following:

Spoiler
Normal
Help Kraityn = +10% all elemental resistances
Help Alira = +60 base mana
Help Oak = +40 base life
Kill All = 1 passive point

Cruel
Help Kraityn = +8% attack speed
Help Alira = +5% cast speed
Help Oak = +16% physical damage

Merciless
Help Kraityn = +1 Max frenzy charge
Help Alira = +1 Max power charge
Help Oak = +1 Max endurance charge

In my opinion, this is generally what "most" people tend to do, and should be relatively safe for a beginner to follow:
Spoiler

Normal - Help Oak - Life is always the most important stat in the game, except for some oddball builds that a beginner is unlikely to be using.

Cruel - Kill All - All of these bonuses can more or less be found on the passive tree, so if you take the skill point it gives you a bit of flexibility to place the point exactly where it helps you rather than just take the default award and be happy with it.

Merciless - ????? - This is a real toss up and totally up to your build. If you use charges, then obtaining an extra power/frenzy/endurance charge is most likely the best option, but I know as a beginner I was overwhelmed with all the new info I was learning, and thus I had no desire to start complicating things by adding charges to my build.
Basically, killing and bandits and getting the passive point you can't go wrong, but if you are confident you can use the charges appropriately, then that would be a better choice. Hopefully by the time you make it to merciless you will be a little more experienced and comfortable with your build that you will be able to make an informed decision on your own.
A very rough guide would be that power charges = crit, frenzy charges = speed, and endurance charges = defense. However, you have to have a way to generate these charges to use them, but that's a whole different discussion.

All that being said, I've just tried to capture a "mostly correct for beginners" mindset. My choices above are in no way always the best options for every player.

Hope that helped a little.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info