New Support Gem Reveal - Blasphemy

Like the 'idea' - who doesnt?

Do not like the implementation. Why?

Flat reservation (and convenient 25% at that) just screams 'run all your skills via BM gem'

It is ofc too late etc but a much better implementation - that would not made people capable of running skills on mana look like idiots AGAIN - would be:

All mechanics just as proposed but Mana Multiplier 200%, lasts 1 minute.

So it can be supported with reduced mana, inc duration, inc AOE etc stuff

With 25% reservation it wont see any supports ever and will be a guaranteed 2L

Why 2L? Because running 2 curses like that is.. a very very costly and most probably inefficient. 50% (or ~40% with reductions) for two auras is ok only for aurabots or LL players (but them prioritize purities anyway). But for a normal player with +1 curse item or passive the CoH setup is better.

Really like the idea but the BM gem did not need this kind of a buff. If anything - it should go and never return.
You should definitely mention something about max curses on the gem description. Any new player would (even I thought about it for a second) fall for this behind the scenes conflict.

My prediction is all elemental casters will now use blasphemy for their respective element curse and manual cast ele weakness for the party. +1 max curse vaal implicits just got very strong.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
Super sweet !
And we creep ever closer toward the BM gem for everything meta.

However this might give RF a nice buff (if only GGG'd buff the base damage/area of it too...)
Some things I expect from this:

Almost all melee and other short range characters will try to fit this in somehow. In many cases it will replace Arctic Armor, but it's still possible AA will get used because getting hit from off screen is a thing and many builds can't invest the resources needed to make the aura radius huge.

Inherently character-centered area builds will love the fuck out of this.

Long range builds might decide to use this for defense but on offense they'll usually prefer to use CoH.

It's a welcome addition and brings plenty of new possibilities to the game. Thanks GGG!
This is blasphemy!
I was working on multi curse char with Whispering Ice + Curse on hit and it's working pretty well in party. But this brings curses to whole another level in solo play.
-can replace heralds set up
-can allow an autocurse defensive aura and another curse set up (Temporal chain aura for close defense, any curse for ranged spells/attacks
-2 slots to make an autocurse in place of 3 (blasphemy+curse vs skill+Curse on hit+curse)
-doesn't affect auras a lot : most people use herald (mana reserved too) and not same benefits and using curse without blasphemy is better sometimes

I can't wait to use that for my not finished 6-curser... right now to cast six curse you can :
-3x4L : (skill+CoH+2curses)x3 (3 skills to spam, helm/boots/gloves used)
-2x5L : (skill+CoH+3curses)x2 (2 skills to spam, body armor and 2H weapon used)
-2x4L+ whispering ice : CoH+3 curses and switch weapons set. Body armor is free but swap weapon is not (5 or 6L just change support gems like enhance/empower)
-doble cursing corrupted gloves + any set up for 4 curses : limit the effectiveness of 2 curses and that's one more mandatory item (+windscream+doedre's damingx2+corrupted amulet)

With that gem, we need some mana reserved management (alpha's howl, conqueror jewel, passiv skills, victario's influence, prism guardian...) :
-2x4L = (blasphemy+3curses)x2 => 6 curses and body armor and weapons and one 4L are all clear for any other skill (means you can use 1 or 2 up to 6L skill for dps or several other support)
-1x6L = blasphemy+5 curses => 5 curses, one 6L slot or all 3/4L slots are avaliable
-5L+3L = 6 cursing auras

Can also do a mix between CoH and auracurse (auto TC/enfeeble, 4 skills on CoH)
Can also mix with the auras : more curse, or more aura ? more auracurse ? skillthree and items that manage aura/mana reserved will affect both aspect.

I love dying breath, can't get a 6L one, but 5L would be already pretty cool, now with any configuration i don't need to link it to cast 6 curses.

Victario's influence will benefit of this gem too : who cares of generosity if it affects ennemies ? 25% reduced mana reservation of socketed auras, if you don't socket classic auras on that armor because you want them to affect you, setting cursing aura doesn't matter ! Prism guardian can be usefull too : if you don't want a big % of life reserved because of high % from defensive auras, a cursing aura will cost much less.

Hype !
Last edited by CaMarchePas on Nov 9, 2015, 2:22:27 AM
The most important question is though......

Will this bypass curse immunity? If not.....then meh.
I wonder how this works with the curse reflection gloves?

If it auto curses you this thing could make 3 totem the new meta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info