PoE Forums ignore script (please remove if this violates ToS)

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

edit: I'm a very reactionary person, especially online. I see no point in attacking someone first. Everyone deserves a chance to make a good first impression. Those that don't, rarely get a second chance, because they rarely need one. I can't help it if my retaliation to their idiocy is more memorable than their initial offence.

It's their own fault they are such damn idiots, right? They totally deserve it.

Actually it's not their fault, but I can't talk to their parents, their friends, their teachers, just them, so hey. Closest thing.

And you're close to the last person I'd expect to see wax facetious on this, given your tolerance for dumb is several notches below mine...

Bars is actually a lot more forgiving on this front then you are.

He seems to at least realize context before assaulting back.

You simply dispose of effort to communicate on even grounds on the fallacy that's its a waste of time/effort.
Which by all means, is your right, but does result in the responses you yourself attract from people.(for which you blame them, instead of looking at yourself)

See i made the effort, though i humbly accept the notion that it will be fruitless :').

Anyway, i told you this in the past, i respect you for your actions but i dislike you as a person because of the means you utilize to convey actions.
Which is probably the same sentiment a lot of people have, though they will refuse to acknowledge the former due to ego limits.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

edit: I'm a very reactionary person, especially online. I see no point in attacking someone first. Everyone deserves a chance to make a good first impression. Those that don't, rarely get a second chance, because they rarely need one. I can't help it if my retaliation to their idiocy is more memorable than their initial offence.

It's their own fault they are such damn idiots, right? They totally deserve it.

Actually it's not their fault, but I can't talk to their parents, their friends, their teachers, just them, so hey. Closest thing.

And you're close to the last person I'd expect to see wax facetious on this, given your tolerance for dumb is several notches below mine...

Well, at least I try to keep the not-so-nice urges in check. You seem to be on a long-term trend from attempts at self-control to a combination of trigger-happy use of the ignore list and a lowering of the filter.

Anyway, this was a play at something I thought you would recognize: People who are dumb enough to get scammed deserve it. Right? Right? >:)

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
All right, fair enough. Perhaps my mostly off-topic-centered forum interest is distorting the perspective.

It has become rather toxic compared to what it was some time ago. But hey, maybe that's the result of a more relaxed moderation policy, something I wanted in the first place? I do prefer this to the heavily moderated state, that's for sure. At least we get to see more real facets of people's personalities.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 3, 2017, 11:25:55 AM
Lame even an broken clock is right twice a day. This is problem in the world right now. We won't listen

If you dont listen to others there is only one choice left. Imposing will. That how wars start.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 3, 2017, 7:06:06 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Lame even an broken clock is right twice a day. This is problem in the world right now. We won't listen

If you dont listen to others there is only one choice left. Imposing will. That how wars start.

Dont bring politics into this thread.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
All right, fair enough. Perhaps my mostly off-topic-centered forum interest is distorting the perspective.

It has become rather toxic compared to what it was some time ago. But hey, maybe that's the result of a more relaxed moderation policy, something I wanted in the first place? I do prefer this to the heavily moderated state, that's for sure. At least we get to see more real facets of people's personalities.

I don't think they're real. They're exaggerated by virtues of the internet. That's no more real than a deliberate mask. In vinos veritas? Certainly, but too much vinos and the personality changes. I'm sure we've both experienced that somehow.

Oh yes, of course. But I think they're still real, even if they are just part of the bigger picture.

Almost fifteen years ago, a few friends of mine and I created an online forum for our high school. Well, my buddies did the technical work, I was basically the PR guy (a.k.a. admin a.k.a. glorified moderator). It was a big high school, a little over 200 people per grade, grades 8 to 12, over a thousand total.

It was at a time when things were quite volatile in the country, and acting tough was seen as the epitome of coolness. You can imagine how this is going to work out when most of the users are anonymous, hormonal teenagers. Everyone was trying to out-tough each other, and I was trying to moderate the whole thing. I wasn't anonymous, my forum nickname was my real-life name. I received a number of threats and was walking with two concealed weapons at one point. Anyway, they eventually realized we wouldn't budge - no, posting naked pics of your ex or saying how you want to fuck this teacher's mom is never going to be OK, doesn't matter if you threaten me - and things settled down.

We started organizing forum meetings where we got to meet many of the faces behind the masks, and some of the biggest bullies came to these meetings - this was after things had settled and everything was more or less friendly. Shocker, these incredibly toxic, rude, obnoxious online personalities were super nice and friendly in real life. Yes, a bit of juvenile posturing here and there, but not even a hint of outright malevolence. One of these guys was actually killed a few years later when he assaulted the wrong person and it turned out the person had a knife. He was a real piece of work, genuine asshole, and even he was much, much friendlier in real life compared to the online persona.

Anyway, that was when I learned how online anonymity often brings out the absolute worst in people. I do think it's real, it just remains hidden in real life.

Last edited by Bars on Jun 4, 2017, 1:12:55 AM
"
Bars wrote:
Anyway, that was when I learned how online anonymity often brings out the absolute worst in people. I do think it's real, it just remains hidden in real life.

Sometimes people (this isn't directed at any person on the forum) online push a little harder to make sure they get a response. It is as if they need constant response to feel alive. It's the same thing IRL with people who can't live without sending or responding to a text every 15-30 seconds.

In any case, bumping the thread for those who might find using the script saves their sanity.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Sometimes people (this isn't directed at any person on the forum) online push a little harder to make sure they get a response. It is as if they need constant response to feel alive. It's the same thing IRL with people who can't live without sending or responding to a text every 15-30 seconds.

It's getting worse with smartphones. I have friends, rational, fully formed and well-adapted grown up people, who have become slaves to their smartphones before my eyes. We're having a nice Friday night, and we have something to eat and something to drink and something interesting to say to each other, and they can't help checking out their fucking phones once every 15 minutes. If this is how adults are affected, I don't imagine teenagers stand much of a chance.

"
Charan wrote:
Mostly I'm blocking beta bitchers. Beta blocker. LOL.

Beta bitches? ^^
When I'm in social occasions which is rare, I only find myself checking my phone every 3-6 hours, but only to see whats the time, as I don't like being lost in time lol.

But what I've also noticed, from those that participate in socializing and "life" and mostly girls, check their phones every 1 min. I myself have few chat apps, just to stay in touch with some people but wtf. If I wanted to look at you twiddling on phone all the time I would not even have left the house for that.

So in the end, I find myself detached from this growing trend. I don't even understand instagram, and I'm still "young".
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
When I'm in social occasions which is rare, I only find myself checking my phone every 3-6 hours, but only to see whats the time, as I don't like being lost in time lol.

But what I've also noticed, from those that participate in socializing and "life" and mostly girls, check their phones every 1 min. I myself have few chat apps, just to stay in touch with some people but wtf. If I wanted to look at you twiddling on phone all the time I would not even have left the house for that.

So in the end, I find myself detached from this growing trend. I don't even understand instagram, and I'm still "young".

I'm still refusing to buy a smartphone and I'll try to delay and avoid it for as long as possible.

Smartphones are fucking Satan, man. And I'm not even religious.

Something funny happened recently, we're in a certain neighborhood and we have to find a 24/7 pharmacy for one of my buddies, so the other two guys pull their smartphones out and start googling for it. I look around, see a couple of very obviously local guys just kinda hanging out in front of an apartment building, and ask them for directions. They tell me where to go, I say "thanks" and herd off my buddies, their noses still stuck in the phones trying to google that shit.

I'm observing, day after day, people getting increasingly incapable of dealing with trivial everyday problems because of over reliance on cell phones.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 12, 2017, 3:21:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info