HLD low life caster - Dragoje

i think, lapiz you should use a double legacy bor, and get like 35% block. use rumis, get capped ~ almost capped, that would be great.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
ZO is not bad in pvp, but the main drawback is that it really doesnt work against all builds so you are prone to suffering once you encounter someone that bypasses it in some way, and you can see it against crit builds, ZO is really good against DOTs or skills like EA who proc an ignite etc. But when fighting a crit build the regen is almost useless because of the spike damage output. I would personally remoze ZO and invest in more damage by taking atleast the witch fire pen cluster which is really good.

I dont have to see your jewels to take them into consideration, i can easily make my own idea of what kind of jewels you use since i play storm too.

How much x-y fire are you delivering so i can have an idea ? as well as how much crit/crit ?

This line, so true. Haunt you're getting wise my friend.

And

Lapiz you really can't face tank crit firestorm regardless of how top notch your melee is. You need to play the lame game and focus more on cursing, spectral throw and capitalizing on any openings you hope open up where you can get in. Most of the arena sizes dont help this play style any. Melee simply can not be melee in this game against most top geared builds. You're also right dw+acro is more favorable because of damage output/potential. Shield wont really net you much survivability versus a multi hitting skill such as Firestorm anyways, best to avoid sitting in it all together or not very long. Other "counters" are super soft and most are just counter productive. Like building for shield and a strong Tempest so you can counter multi-hitting spells like this. In the end you'll die before your Tempest is a true threat anyways because you're melee and it's not properly augmented unless you were some off the wall lightning crit dagger or unique crown of eyes concept.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 1, 2015, 5:29:11 PM
In all honestly there is very limited options for a melee when it comes to fighting a firestorm build, i personally think firestorm is close to the best skill to use against someone that has to come close to deliver dps.

Also curses are not really effective against it, atleast not on my build because i use really long lasting mana potions x4, they last for about 20 seconds each with 4 charges on all of them which permits me to be curse immune and keep spamming firestorm for that long, due to it being a spamming skill it goes really well paired with such flask.

Is someone else posting under your account name mulla ? First time i receive a compliment from you. Haha :)
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
if something/someone is against 'crits' mulla supports. : )

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:

Pretty much.

I'm not against crit, I just don't think the balance between RT/crit has been achieved just yet.

Survivability i.e regen, big life pools and raw damage output of a RT build just isn't enough to handle excessive crit output and survivability of crit builds. Like I said before the "glass cannon" concept is a loosely used term in PoE. A glass cannon in PoE is someone with 5k+ life 7k+ es, acrobatics or block chance (Tempest shield and cwdt set ups too) plus enough damage to 1-2shot you from across the screen before you get near them in multiple ways.

It's like using a shotgun (1shot kill potential close) in a FPS, which traditionally has the shortcoming of poor effective range and fire rate. Though here you have the range and fire rate of a sniper rifle/SMG/AR. While the other guy (melee ranged RT build) may have SMG/AR fire rate but with shotgun range. Not shotgun power and the same effective life pool as "glass cannon".

I still look at PvP like this games in beta. It'll probably come around one day, be it from direct balance or indirectly through more item choices/passives and that's why I'm still here.
First and foremost attention to the servers would be really impactful on PvP. It's almost 2016 and this game plays worse then Diablo1 did in the mid 90's most hours of the day.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 1, 2015, 9:58:51 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

Pretty much.

I'm not against crit, I just don't think the balance between RT/crit has been achieved just yet.

Survivability i.e regen, big life pools and raw damage output of a RT build just isn't enough to handle excessive crit output and survivability of crit builds. Like I said before the "glass cannon" concept is a loosely used term in PoE. A glass cannon in PoE is someone with 5k+ life 7k+ es, acrobatics or block chance (Tempest shield and cwdt set ups too) plus enough damage to 1-2shot you from across the screen before you get near them in multiple ways.

It's like using a shotgun (1shot kill potential close) in a FPS, which traditionally has the shortcoming of poor effective range and fire rate. Though here you have the range and fire rate of a sniper rifle/SMG/AR. While the other guy (melee ranged RT build) may have SMG/AR fire rate but with shotgun range. Not shotgun power and the same effective life pool as "glass cannon".

I still look at PvP like this games in beta. It'll probably come around one day, be it from direct balance or indirectly through more item choices/passives and that's why I'm still here.
First and foremost attention to the servers would be really impactful on PvP. It's almost 2016 and this game plays worse then Diablo1 did in the mid 90's most hours of the day.

im sure we are talking about RT melee here. Cause Lapiz' LA bow is doing really well with its RT'ish fundamentals.

i agree that RT / crit balance hasnt achieved yet. But this shouldnt be done with nerfing crit, instead buffing RT would be much better. i support a serious RT support myself.

i see that block builds got a serious buff with gladiator subclass. RT deserves such a big buff too. Im not in the position to say how buff gonna be. i've never played RT build since i started this game. but i can feel the balance gap between RT and crit too.
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 1, 2015, 10:25:38 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:

i see that block builds got a serious buff with gladiator subclass. RT deserves such a big buff too. Im not in the position to say how buff gonna be. i've never played RT build since i started this game. but i can feel the balance gap between RT and crit too.

it's a bit early to judge the Ascendancy Meta, first a lot of subclasses has not been revealed yet (Mostly the Marauder/Witch DPS ones and the Scion) and we don't know for sur if those values will stay the same. Some are uterly ridiculous in the actual state of the game like the Templar full pene and the Shadow 2 shot crit. The Gladiator may also be a bit too strong and not because of the 100% spell block conversion but the one who give 4% increase damage per attack blocked in the last 4 seconds. I mean some cyclone buid or spell caster can hit me probably around 30-40 during that time. The Dps boost will be insane.
considering switching from ZO to faster recharge,

overall I should gain some 36% multiplier, over 120% increased dmg, and some 50% crit chance, and solid faster recharge, I would be loosing 700 es regen / s, 20% ES from tree and some 80% mana regen.

I might also opt 3 x 4 % cast speed nodes instead of throatseeker, in which case I'll probably go arsonist instead of snovforged.

43% damage + 36% multi compared to 12/15 cast speed + 52/40 damage, idk 15% cast speed is 1/3 of the gem while 36 multi is almost 1/2 of the gem.

Btw atm I am not using crit damage or conc effect except in very rare situations. I prefer using faster casting and spell echo. Thats why I have 4 casts / s and while you have 3 hount. This is a big mana strain for such a spammy skill.

Will post my impressions when I do it. However I am pretty confident that the answer will be: vs some it will be great while vs others it will be worse. As you already posted in your comment about ZO.

But I've played enough ZO.

As for the witch fire cluster, well that's a whole different concept where Id have to go outside which take unnatural calm, Arcane potency, prob Celestial judgement. Have yet to try it, but when I pondered it before I dismissed it as inferior. Did not try it tho.

So low on ex now I got to wait 11th to respec xD. Cant even buy the 3 gems I need.

Maybe will play talisman.

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Dec 2, 2015, 4:08:58 AM
I have a way lower x-y and tooltip than both of you and being noncrit so I don't have the hugh spikedamage you guys have but I yet see the damage being good, and I am not using LV 4 Empower or LV 21 Firestorm at the moment(which would easily neat a big damage boost). At some points you really don't need to go for more damage imo, as it seems to scale of at some point even though the tooltip is higher.

Things that makes firestorm so strong are both the area control but also the ability to offscreen. If I were you I'd try to stack firestorms offscreen the first thing you do and then try to cast as many auras before moving to a new point where you again both stack storms over yourself as well as around you so if he tries to flicker/whirl(or whatever he uses to close the gap other than using ranged spectral throw) he'll take a hugh ammount of damage before you which leaves you with a great advantage
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
It is actually probably possible to beat these firestorm builds consistently with the sword/dagger + aegis build that uses EE, 2 rumis and a strong 4link reckoning. With this you can easily run into a few firestorms and facetank it all for a sec or two so that the caster dies.

But then again its probably the only matchup that would heavily benefit from going aegis..
Last edited by lapiz on Dec 2, 2015, 11:33:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info