Soulthirst, Event 146: Merveil Kill

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Dead characters will still receive reward points.

A summary of Time based events:

Time based events are designed to create a competitive environment where players compete not by character experience, but by their ability to progress through the game and complete specific objectives, such as killing bosses.

The boss required to be defeated for this race is: Merveil, located in The Cavern of Anger.

• The time recorded is based from the beginning of the race, not when your character is created.
  • Characters will not appear on the ladder until they have completed the objective.
  • Characters are not required to have completed the time based objective in order to receive points for the other objectives, such as points awarded for reaching certain levels.
  • Characters who die after completing the objective will still be counted for receiving reward points.
  • Points are awarded at the end of the race, do not delete your characters until they have been moved to the permanent leagues.

Boss Kill Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
  • Kill Brutus in Normal difficulty: 1 Reward Points.
  • Kill Merveil in Normal difficulty: 3 Reward Points.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by time will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by time will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Beacon (Unique Golden Flame) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 11: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 9-10: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 7-8: 2 Reward Points.
  • Level 5-6: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Mercy Mission (The Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Dweller of the Deep (The Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Marooned Mariner (The Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art The Princess Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Eclipse Staff Item (25 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Crest of Perandus Unique Item (30 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Lavianga's Spirit Unique Item (10 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
fk me this is the closest I have gotten to first for boss kill

vendor ms and +1 fire

lost time in lower went down

wands at lvl 7/8 belt off brutus but didnt use till ship graveyard because im smart
100 #1 - PA Rank 1 Flashback | 100 #2 - Cyclone Standard | 100 #3 - Support top 50 Talisman | 100 #4 - Support Rank 5 PHC | 100 #5 - Earthquake Rank 51 PHC | 100 #6 - Vaal Spark Rank 5 PHFB2W
Last edited by Krame_ on Dec 1, 2015, 9:25:59 AM
Died in mudflats double-hit KO by great rhoas.

with pretty good starting wands
Spoiler

Spoiler

would be pretty close with Raiz quite possibly

reroll:
Spoiler

(thanks for that QS merveil, if only that was vaal/piety/malachai kill run)
Spoiler
ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by passofexhale on Dec 1, 2015, 9:32:50 AM
>28mins 29sec
>43rd ladder
>6th Duelist

Best gear/path/vendor RNG I've had in a while. Lost about 2mins total in running around but that wouldn't have made a difference to my position by class. Got to Merv bang on Lv11 with a cold ring ready, it blows my mind that melee classes can face her without one and underlevelled to boot. It just makes such a huge difference, hats off to you hardcore mufuggaz

dat sword

Spoiler
i thought it would be fun to do a race for the first time in what feels like a year
im so lost on layouts but still ended with a pretty good time, 23minutes and second duelist

looking at the other duelist it looks as if people are now doing merveil with two one-handed swords so i guess im gonna have to adapt to that, im used to the sweet jade chopper + double strike

Last edited by Iamponch on Dec 1, 2015, 9:42:07 AM
Well, died twice to internet problems, wich is not normal since i got realy good internet.
Ign: The_Horus

My profile & builds @: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/544588
Died in a loadscreen after brutus on top3 class, remade anyway because i needed 9 points for the next reward (couldn't be arsed to race this season) and still got top 20. racing = ded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info