Build of the Week: DimenRush's Abyssal Cry Build!

"
pneuma wrote:
Why is Edge of Madness only obtainable by Div Cards and Zana?
What exactly gets hurt by having the unique easily obtainable in all leagues?

---

Awesome build. I've been wanting to do something scaling enemy death (Abyssal, Infernal Blow, Quecholli, or Herald of Ice) for a while now. Glad to see it's possible.
Economy for one, for two its good to have hard to obtain items that cannot be obtained by normal means.

Also one of the incentives on playing leagues is getting unique items that wont be available through normal means.

If everyone had everything and it was all easy to get no one would really play, alot of the reason people play ARPGS is to find loot.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Edge of madness hardly seems essential for the build, you could have a blue sword and shield and get 50% damage boost rather than level%, have more defense, and a way faster weapon for applying viper charges.

I had an infernal blow + abyssal cry char (blow and crier?) in my guild party at the start of tempest, it shredded trash mobs so fast. That was with a staff though and I ended up dying, been rethinking it and am very happy to see it working at a high level leveraging hidden potential.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Last edited by mucker on Oct 27, 2015, 10:19:16 PM
"
Interesting but looks extremely klunky and seems to be another build of the weak build. Defense/resists must be insane to get on this character.

Lol.

I agree with you. It almost seems right now that Build of the Week does not mind featuring weak builds just to promote unpopular skill/spell choices.
Interesting and probably fun to mess around with for abit. But the setup feels clunky :D
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
Economy for one, for two its good to have hard to obtain items that cannot be obtained by normal means.

Also one of the incentives on playing leagues is getting unique items that wont be available through normal means.

If everyone had everything and it was all easy to get no one would really play, alot of the reason people play ARPGS is to find loot.
It's a level 22 build-enabling/fun unique. Imagine if you had to div card or zana for Facebreakers or Quill Rain or Cloak of Flame.

Of the current div cards:
- Gentleman is easiest, but being corrupted, 5/6L will be prohibitively expensive.
- Time-lost Relic will be the second easiest, but only if you can clear a L80 map reliably.
- Jack in the Box is a complete crapshoot.

The first two options will likely ensure that they're at least a few available on the market, but probably in the exalt-ish range for a minimum of 4L.

For Zana, nobody will be chancing these unless they want them personally, so you'll have to do it yourself. It will be a 12c fee per entry and you can only carry 8 greatswords in per portal (assuming you wield one in each weapon swap), 48 in total per fee. There will probably be dozens of fees to have anything close to a decent shot at getting one, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of multiple exalts.

Rarity is important, which is why it's already a unique and thus already difficult to find. There's a big difference between "multiple exalt minimum" and "everyone has everything". Note that GGG has already noticed this when they made T1 uniques 4x more likely to drop (and they're still rare).

Spoiler
I see you've linked some Legacy league items. I was thinking of how these kind of decisions affect players playing temp leagues.

---

"
mucker wrote:
Edge of madness hardly seems essential for the build, you could have a blue sword and shield and get 50% damage boost rather than level%, have more defense, and a way faster weapon for applying viper charges.

Level% is a pretty decent upgrade over 50%. The defenses is certainly a side-grade.
Viper Strike doesn't scale with attack speed... not since 1.2.0.
Last edited by pneuma on Oct 27, 2015, 11:55:11 PM
"
pneuma wrote:

---

Awesome build. I've been wanting to do something scaling enemy death (Abyssal, Infernal Blow, Quecholli, or Herald of Ice) for a while now. Glad to see it's possible.

People won't be able to feel like special snowflakes anymore for playing the game at the right time. And that would make them super sad : ( .
Glad to see someone using my favorite Unique.

so yeah.

the gentleman gave me this a month ago had no idea it was beyond legacy.. :P

atleast i had a decent corruption.
what? the effects are too loud. I can harldy understand chris' mumbling in between the explosions.
Hardly the best way to use this and it is also one of the most expensive ways to. I am also fairly certain the maths claims are a little off considering I spent a decent amount of time building an abyssal cry combo build.

At the end of the day it's just another build using expensive gear in an inefficient way and then using cyclone to fix its problems. Which is a build I think I've seen too often

IB + COMK DD + AC is a better use and less boring than just another cyclone build butv whatever

Good job getting the items and spending the time to check it works ok

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info