[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Essence Worm for Purity of Fire. (Plus you could swap the purities around for the guardians/shaper?) Now looking at the original post reflect is either not an issue or IamPeyter plays exclusivly standard, where the occasional rip is not an issue.

Therefor in standard Berserker is the better choice, sorry for defaulting to a hardcore mindset.
For hardcore my guess is that reflect rares are still dangerous, because of the overlapping explosions. If that assumption is true depending on a flask is too risky, so Purity (Essence Worm) or Elementalist would be mandatory. Then again i read somewhere, that reflect hasnt been an issue for quite some while now? Not up to date on that one.
I think I'll follow ur advice. Berserk with essence worm.my only problem is if the dmg is higher enough for single target.
Ea + gmp + slow proj + less dur + change to ignite + ?
And for single target ?
For the tree I' ll follow the elementalist tree but I'll start on marauder
Last edited by maclarca on Sep 1, 2016, 12:08:24 PM
I'd recommend fire penetration before adding slow proj or chance to ignite. Also keep in mind the dmg of less duration was nerfed, so it might be worth trying to play without it for more dmg. Also chance to ignite for regular clearing might not be necessary, since we are hoping to one shot most things with 5 stacks and occasionally shooting into a pack twice.

AoE Setup: Ea + Gmp + Fire pen + Less duration OR Slower proj OR Chance to ignite + Inc area ; Empower* ; Less duration ; Slower proj ; Chance to ignite

Single target should be fine, the only thing that was a nerf was the change to Frost Wall. The single target dmg really comes from the ignite, so a 20% quality Ea really helps and is something you should look out for. Apply Curse and EE constantly and you should be good. Also use your AoE setup when the boss is near a wall. Then you should be fine.

Single target: Ea + Conc effect + Fire pen + Chance to ignite + Less duration ; Slower proj ; Empower* ; Faster Attacks

As always if you feel you lack anything, try out different set ups or adjust your tree/gear.

*Ea scales of lvls so its the best option, but very expensive and takes long to lvl up.
empower is a pain in the ass. in std i have many at 4 and 3 but in league is veruy difficult. i'll change for Less duration ; Slower proj ; Chance to ignite ( or i'll buy it)
elementalist is pretty bad now without proper conflux, you dont get burns all the time meaning that prolif is also meh.

Id rather go champion over elementalist for survivability.

Thats also assuming were talking about new league without 20q explosive arrows ready.
Last edited by artojas on Sep 2, 2016, 12:26:12 PM
"
artojas wrote:
elementalist is pretty bad now without proper conflux, you dont get burns all the time meaning that prolif is also meh.

Id rather go champion over elementalist for survivability.

Thats also assuming were talking about new league without 20q explosive arrows ready.

If you wanted survivability, then you would always go Champion, as it simply offers the highest survivability by default.

It might not be that bad. You dont have to kill for it to be active, so it might be better for drawn out bossfights (--> Gurdians and shaper?). Either Ignite or Shock is going to boost your clear speed and damage overall, so out of 14 seconds only 4 are "wasted" on chilling enemies. Since this is an impact style of Ea, the overlapping explosions is all you really need for clearing. An ignite setup for single target is easy enough and should work fine with chance to ignite and some ignite chance from gear/tree.

The maker of this build also goes with Elementalist and he seems to know what he is doing.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1666103

Overall i dont think the nerf is too bad for Ea and lets be honest Elemental Conflux was just too strong before.
I don't really know what class pick . Berserk or elementalist, and I'm a bit worried. Probably I'll flip a coin . I can pick a class and restart with another if it's not performing
"
IamPeyter wrote:

One thing I just noticed when going through the build with greater care is that you didn't pick Heart of the Warrior for 10% life, 10 str and 20 flat life. Moving two points from any of the other life wheels (or the 8-point life rectangle by scion) to here will yield quite a few hp.
Last edited by Gell on Sep 3, 2016, 7:37:08 PM
Why does the berserker tree get max endurance charge? How are you getting the endurance charge in the first place?
"
essencevox wrote:
Why does the berserker tree get max endurance charge? How are you getting the endurance charge in the first place?

Using enduring cry manually. Often, you have a half second of downtime when you can throw in a curse or enduring cry inbetween shots. With the aoe nodes, you get max charges even off of a mob pack at the edge of the screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info