[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

I would like to chime in here as well.

I just started playing, oh, a couple of months ago? I knew soon enough that I'd be in way over my head, enough that it would frustrate me and drive me away, if I continued to muddle through with a build on my own. So I looked for builds I could grow my character from. This one was only about 3 nodes off from what I'd started on my own, and 'Perfect for Newcomers/SSF' sounded like a dream (being that I'm a newcomer & didn't want to have to shop for gear).

It has indeed been a dream. I'm 82 now, playing up through T6 maps so far, and aside from the fact that I haven't been able to complete Merciless Lab, I haven't had any real roadblocks.

And I'm learning. That's the best thing about this build, IMO, is it's allowing me to learn things without dying too frequently. Uh...usually, that is. I try not to remember how many, many, MANY times Merci Malachai obliterated me. Let's just say I'm exceedingly grateful one cannot lose levels in this game.

I don't yet know where I'll go from here. I know I will feel much more confident with my next character, and it will be because of the base I built for myself with this one. So, thank you for teaching me how to PewPewPew in PoE! :)
"
DualHalo wrote:
I just started playing this league, you can check my account.
I cannot thank the creator of this build enough because it really helped me learn the game, but hopefully by the time you hit tier 10-11 maps you have found enough currency to try a new build.

Best of luck

After posting and asking for help on my gear, i started feeling the same way that maybe it's time to move on, as you said also, this build gave me lots of experience on game, i also learned a lot, and started to read on other builds which arent to expensive, thanks for your answer and i will definetely gonna check build you recommended.
Good luck and thanks again :)
I'm still going full blast with the Necromancer build. At level 90, I am doing rare corrupted versions of most of the T12 maps for the first time without dying. I needed a carry for Uber lab, but that is not a build problem; I just need to get better at going through the traps, and I plan to get through it a few times myself to try and get a relevant enchantment on my Kitava's Thirst. After my attempts at Uber Lab, Merc lab seems easy to me now; I've done several in a row without dying. I haven't worked on unique maps yet.
Hey friend, i am a new player and this build is helping me a lot, but i'm having some problems with curse on hit + hot + curses, i don't think its working...
I was watching your videos and they show a "mark" over the enemies heads (Curses), with me this never happen when i use that combination, but if a change herald of thunder and put firestorm on his place i can see the curses properly. If you know what its happening pls help me.
Thank you.
at the top of the post u have a tree where u were an elementalist and then at endgame theres another tree but u chainged it to minions so how did u do that cuz i followed the elmentalist one
Would a CI variant of this build work? It seems pretty heavily invested into the strength side of the tree.
"
tcode wrote:
Hey friend, i am a new player and this build is helping me a lot, but i'm having some problems with curse on hit + hot + curses, i don't think its working...
I was watching your videos and they show a "mark" over the enemies heads (Curses), with me this never happen when i use that combination, but if a change herald of thunder and put firestorm on his place i can see the curses properly. If you know what its happening pls help me.
Thank you.

Hey, two things you should check for (I can not see your character's passive tree):

i) you have shaper of desolation AND,
ii) you have the 'Whispers of Doom' node

Also, see this post earlier:

"
"
babo9157 wrote:
Hey If I use thunder of herald to apply curses... it doesn't really work for some reason... but if I replace with firestorm I can apply curses fine... can you please explain why this is happening? :/

You're probably using the Elemental Focus Support gem with your primary Firestorm. This prevents not only Firestorm itself from applying status ailments, but also the Herald of Thunder component, so HoT will never proc, whether or not you have Shaper of Desolation.

Replace Elemental Focus Support with something else and as long as you have HoT linked with Curse on Hit and your curse gems in another set of links, it should work fine.

Hope that helps
Last edited by paraxis_d2 on May 22, 2017, 11:56:01 PM
hello i need help pllz i wish u can answer me

i got the kitavas helmet and all the gems but its not working none of them and i have my firetorm lvl 19
i also hate that we have a very low mana and ES is theres anyway to change somthing in tree and make them higher,,

this is my gear and gems for now i am planning to change the body armour to carcass but am working on 6 links and also the shoes for better one ,, for flasks and jewllery am not dont yet

pllz tell me if i need to change something in the gear and the gems and what can i do about the helm gems to make them work
"
paraxis_d2 wrote:

Hey, two things you should check for (I can not see your character's passive tree):

i) you have shaper of desolation AND,
ii) you have the 'Whispers of Doom' node

Ty bro, problem solved. xD
Just wanted to thank you for this build. It has been incredibly helpful in helping me, when re-starting a fresh league, after recently coming back to PoE. Kudos!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info