[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

That is true; if your mana is refilled then the flask effect ends. My mistake.

Your mana pool will increase naturally as you fill in Intelligence paths on the tree. Curses linked with CoH does not consume mana. HoT does not increase % reserved if it is not linked to a gem with a mana multiplier. If you are truly out of mana, you can temporarily pick up an enlightened jewel for cheap into your only jewel slot. http://poe.trade/search/boabohininonag

I see the problem. You have Bone Offering. His guide doesn't suggest it in the list of gems to use, but his equipment showcase does.
I suspect that he was bossing when he selected his equipment for the guide and chose to remove lightning golem because of diminishing returns on cast speed.

Simply swap out Bone Offering for lightning golem and swap back when you acquire equipment with cast speed mods.
"
CottonSwabs wrote:
That is true; if your mana is refilled then the flask effect ends. My mistake.

Your mana pool will increase naturally as you fill in Intelligence paths on the tree. Curses linked with CoH does not consume mana. HoT does not increase % reserved if it is not linked to a gem with a mana multiplier. If you are truly out of mana, you can temporarily pick up an enlightened jewel for cheap into your only jewel slot. http://poe.trade/search/boabohininonag

I see the problem. You have Bone Offering. His guide doesn't suggest it in the list of gems to use, but his equipment showcase does.
I suspect that he was bossing when he selected his equipment for the guide and chose to remove lightning golem because of diminishing returns on cast speed.

Simply swap out Bone Offering for lightning golem and swap back when you acquire equipment with cast speed mods.

1. Thank you for your replies!

2. I'll consider about the jewel if I'm really desperate! Thank you!

3. Hmm but is it going to be a problem that because my bone offering was together with my boots and its all the sockets are linked up so if I swap my bone offering out, my lightning golem will be linked together with cast when damage taken, covocation and immortal call? Actually I've given it a try and the only downsides is that 1) I can't cast it on demand, 2) when I'm taking serious damage, it will summon a second lightning golem which will make my fire golem disappear so I have to resummon it again.

Thanks again! :) looking forward to your replies.
Yes, your lightning golem will be recasted for 2x; if you want you can put your flame golem there if you reroll the colors with a chromatic orb. Or you can hit it with a fusing orb and hope that a link breaks.
Why not take orb of storm/curse on hit/warlords mark+secound curse of choice instead of herald of thunder? with the nerfs to elementalist this is way more reliable and also u can then take more efficient auras like anger/discipline etc.

I've just got both claws, and with my current mana (1.1k) i can enable 3 auras: warlord's mark, enfeeble, clarity, but only 98 mana left. It's kinda hard to manage with just little space, and later with 6 links it will cost 100+ mana to cast firestorm so i'm kinda worry that i might missed something (Currently lv 76). Any advice plz?
Last edited by tuannaff on Apr 10, 2017, 11:51:33 AM
"
tuannaff wrote:

I've just got both claws, and with my current mana (1.1k) i can enable 3 auras: warlord's mark, enfeeble, clarity, but only 98 mana left. It's kinda hard to manage with just little space, and later with 6 links it will cost 100+ mana to cast firestorm so i'm kinda worry that i might missed something (Currently lv 76). Any advice plz?

At level 86, I have maximum mana 1151, and with Warlord's Mark, Enfeeble and Clarity I have 840 mana reserved and 311 mana remaining. Warlord's is level 14 and Enfeeble is level 16 at the moment because I made them 20% quality recently. Did you leave Clarity at level 1? Clarity level 1's purpose is to give you the cheapest possible beneficial aura to get the buffs from Commander of Darkness ascendency.
When it came time for me to buy The Scourge for the Necromancer build, I found that I needed 49 dexterity on my gear to equip The Scourge, which requires 113 dexterity. The level 92 passive tree only has a total of 50 dexterity on it (math note: you get 14 dex for being a witch). I've solved this for now by buying an amulet with a lot of dexterity on it. The gear in the "End Game Setup" of the OP shows only 15 dex on the gloves and no dex anywhere else.
Anyone know of any way to reliably calculate my Firestorm DPS, I have found various sources that seem to tell you to multiply the sheet DPS by 6 or 10. Not massively important I know but would be handy to know if I can reach certain DPS thresholds for the end game bosses/high map bosses.
"
evilsofa wrote:
"
tuannaff wrote:

At level 86, I have maximum mana 1151, and with Warlord's Mark, Enfeeble and Clarity I have 840 mana reserved and 311 mana remaining. Warlord's is level 14 and Enfeeble is level 16 at the moment because I made them 20% quality recently. Did you leave Clarity at level 1? Clarity level 1's purpose is to give you the cheapest possible beneficial aura to get the buffs from Commander of Darkness ascendency.

thanks, i will swap the clarity for new lv1 gem to see how better it gets. My warlord and enfeeble are both lv17, so may cost a little more. How does the 20% quality effect the gems? (ie: more/less mana cost/damage...)?
When I talk about making my skill gems 20% quality, I am doing that using the vendor recipe in which one level 20 skill gem and one gemcutter's prism makes a level 1 skill gem with 20% quality. In the process of getting my skill gems up to level 20, I collected enough gemcutter's prisms to use that recipe on all of my skill gems except for Firestorm, and the remainder of the prisms have gotten Firestorm up to 12% quality (I didn't want to make Firestorm level 1). Here are my notes from the wiki on what quality does to each of the gems for the Necromancer build.

Firestorm: 1% increased spell damage per 1% quality = 20% increased spell damage at 20% quality. Yes, this is worth doing.
I will abbreviate the rest of them.
spell echo support: 0.5% increased spell damage per 1% = 10% increased spell damage (yes)
elemental focus support: 0.5% increased elemental damage = 10% (yes)
faster casting support: 0.5% increased cast speed = 10% (yes)
fire penetration support: 0.5% increased fire damage = 10% (yes)
concentrated effect support: 0.5% increased area damage = 10% (yes)
increased area of effect support: 0.5% inc area damage = 10% (yes)
Controlled Destruction Support: 0.5% inc spell damage = 10% (yes)

raise zombie: 1% inc minion max life and movement speed = 10% (yes)
minion life support: 0.75% inc maximum life = 15% (yes)
minion and totem ele res: 0.5% fire, cold and lightning resistance = 20% to each (yes)
minion speed support: 0.5% increased movement speed = 10% (yes)

desecrate: 1% increased cast speed (irrelevant, this spell is being triggered by the helm)
bone offering: 0.5% increased duration = 10% (yes)
increased duration support: 0.5% increased skill effect duration = 10% (yes)
molten shell: 1% chance to ignite enemies = 20% (how often does this happen? I did this one last)

clarity: 1% increased area of effect (not important, why do this to a level 1 gem?)
summon skeletons: minions deal 1% increased damage = 20% (yes)
spell totem support: 1% increased totem placement speed = 20% (uh... I don't this matters for this build?)

convocation: 1% increased duration of life regeneration effect on minions = 20% (to the effect of a total of a couple dozen more life regenerated so very unimportant); and 0.5% inc cast speed (irrelevant, this spell is triggered)
cast when damage taken: 0.5% increased damage (irrelevant, convocation doesn't damage)
flame dash: 0.5% increased cast speed = 10% (yes)
summon flame golem: 1% inc minion max life = 10%, 1% inc minion damage = 10% (yes)

blasphemy: 0.5% increased effect of supported curses = 10% (yes)
warlord's mark: cursed enemies have 0.5% chance to grant an endurance charge when slain = 10% (yes)
enfeeble: cursed enemies have 0.5% reduced accuracy rating = 10% (yes); and cursed enemies have 0.5% reduced critical strike chance = 10% (yes)

TL;DR: Don't 20% quality Desecrate or Cast When Damage Taken. Convocation and Clarity don't seem worth doing. Molten Shell and Spell Totem may or may not be worth doing, I'm not sure but I did them anyway. All of the others are very much worth taking up to 20% quality.

At level 84, almost all of my gems (except Increased Area of Effect and Concentrated Effect, those are still level 19) hit level 20. I did all but Firestorm up to 20% quality at once, and did a T1 map that brought everything up 5 more levels, then a couple of T2 maps, then some T4 maps, and so on. An afternoon or two brought all the gems back up to level 15+, at which point the 20% quality are making many of them already more powerful than they were at level 20 with no quality. Much, much more efficient than collecting or buying over 400 gemcutter's prisms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info