[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

@Astrohawke: I never really payed that much thought, but now I think about it: It does seem that it displays balls until you hit a certain thresh hold. It's never been clustered enough for me to see nothing more then just balls of fire raining down, even though it should. Especially when we use concentrated effect.

Alright. So the 2.6 patch didn't really seem to touch us. We get less AoE overall, but I guess that's not completely bad for us. Remember, less AoE, also means more damage. I'm thinking about taking a couple of nodes AoE less, since the more AoE we get, the less effective it'll be.

I'll be awaiting tomorrow's tree, to cook up our new tree :)

Note to self: don't forget to update the leveling tree as well!

But. Reading the patch notes, I can confirm one thing: We can play the current build SSF!
It seems we can buy our last few gems from Siossa, the ghost from the library. Which is amazing!

Also, zombies got buffed again, so you know. Our lovely meatshields will be dealing more damage as well <3

Anyways, it looks like the tree might hold more room for damage, so we probably end up with even more damage. We'll see what the updated tree'll get us tomorrow :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Mar 1, 2017, 11:02:52 AM
Hey PewPew, first off thank you so much for making this build, I really had a lot of fun with it in Essence league.

One question, you were working on a Necromancer variant of this build right? If you don't mind you could please share some details about it?

Thanks
@Elwinkle: I wanted to wait for the release of the skill tree before I started on that. Just to be sure it's actually viable coming league :)
Seems barely anything changed for us though. We have some better pathings at the templar area, so with some tweaking, we might be able to pick up some extra nodes in either defence or offence!

I'll write the entire post tomorrow(or at least, post the basics about the build), kinda sleepy for now :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
We can play the current build SSF!

It absolutely is. Just wanted to share the gear I ended up with in Breach, after about 4 weeks SSF with very limited playtime. Everything's either selffound or crafted.

Lvl 87, 4.8k life, 1.5k ES, eleweakness-capped resis, firestorm tooltip damage in hideout about 1.9k.

I'm aware that I was extremely lucky with the shield (also found a Saffell's Frame, amazing in -max resi maps) and especially with the 6link (took less than 20 fusings), but everything else is really nothing special. Also found all gems on this char, but at least that's not a problem any more.

Got to T13 maps with no problems, would have gone further if the league didn't finish.

Oh, and I only got 2 ascendancy points because I hate hate hate the lab and successfully put it off as long as possible :D I would have done it if I had hit a wall, but that wasn't the case, even without second golem and damage-boost.

Conclusion: This build is perfect for self-found, casual, lazy, lab-hating scrubs like me.
I'm glad it brought you so far :)

SSF will even be easier coming league! We will be able to buy Warlords mark and Increased Duration from Siossa, the ghost in the library.

I've also updated the trees to the current version, both leveling, and final tree!

Also, I updated the second post(again)with the necromancer version. Not meant for SSF, but still perfectly fine for beginners.

Which means, this guide is now updated to 2.6! :)
I am a nice guy.
Thx you for this build its realy cool

i w8 with impatience the new skill tree for the 2.6 lunch ^^

thx you again its really cool
Thinking of making this my first SSF character alongside my partying & trading plebs now that there is official support for it.

My only thought looking at the gems is wouldn't fortify be better for the zombies than the resistance gem to protect them from physichal damage as well? I'm sure this has been discussed and maybe even calculated here before but I'm not too keen on reading all 80 pages so apologies for that.

Just like warlord's mark, acquiring it wouldn't be a problem anymore SSF.

Cheers
Last edited by LaBBe_ on Mar 2, 2017, 9:02:48 AM
Thanks again for this build. Going to run it again to start this league, can't wait to see the changes we'll take. Patiently waiting to hear about the zombie changes as well.
There is simply too much elemental AoE damage for us to drop it Minion resistance. It is very important, and often makes the difference between having a good tank, and something that just melts whenever elemental AoE comes in play. And to be frank, I don't think Fortify is all that good on meatshields anyways. There will be plenty of cases where most of the damage done is dealt before the minions can get a hit in(think again most bosses really).

Also, I'm already using the new tree in the build! I'm using a different page then the official one, but probably swap back eventually next league :)

As for the minions, well more damage is always nice. I don't think it will impact us that much however. My guess is that this will be especially nice if you have a 6L setup for your minions ready(with multistrike etc).

And for those wondering: yes, this is going to be my SSF as well ;P
I am a nice guy.
My apologies if this is covered somewhere in the 81 pages here. I was thinking about replacing Spell Echo and Faster Casting with Scorching Ray and Cast While Channeling. Anyone given this a try? What were your results/thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info