[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Thanks very nice :)
So I've been thinking: what if the elementist tree gets nerfed to the ground? I highly doubt it, but there might be a slight possibility..
I've been messing around in other ascendancies, especially the Necromancer one got me interested.

Check this out.

This was a Blade Vortex character, before I decided to do some tests on it. I only had 8 respec points when I started testing, so I didn't have any fire nodes in the tree. But the core is there: double Cybil's Paw & Bone offering for insane sustain.

Note: Although my res is maxed, thanks to the Elemental Equilibrium, my resists were lowered during that fight, so I occasionally took high elemental hits. I did not use any potions during the entire fight, just because I wanted to test the sustaining capabilities. I was not dissappointed :)

So, I'll be working on this version coming few days. If it turns out the Elementist tree will get a huge hit, I'll post the alternative version in this topic.
Otherwise, I'll just create a new thread for this one, as the other firestormer is still rather different then this one :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
MrokPandy wrote:
Hi, care to share your offence tab? As a screenshot ideally, for scientific reasons since i have alternative defences in mind an need comparison for deps.

Thinking simmilar here, planned on firestorm but im going to try for mjolner spark/arc/nova this league since lightning dmg synegises better with block (tempest shield is strong).
Or who knows, i do like firestorm.

How much block do you have, which lvl of offering, looks like my plans might work out well.
Heres hint: +2 to minion gems helmet

Last edited by MrokPandy on Aug 25, 2016, 6:41:03 AM
Right now, it's just the lvl 1 offering, so around... 30-ish? It's based off [this build](https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655614), planning to go with a max level offering. Add in a Rumi's, and you can get close to the 75/75 block with just that setup!

Not sure if I want to put the offering in my helm though, as minions will still be core to tanking hits, even though it's much less important now I'm a fair bit tankier myself.

I'll definitely be testing this for a little longer, I'll give my final thoughts before the new league starts :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Hi,first congratulations for this great build, the idea of minions is simply sensational.

I wanted know if my DPS is low or is normal, now i play with 2.4k DPS (i not run the merc lab yet)and 3.2k HP and 1.7k ES (i'm lvl 76 now).

And i wanted know how much DPS and defense stats i need to run Tier 10 or higher maps.

Thank you for share this great and funny build with us.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.
So with shaper of desolation not being reliable for shock in 2.4, how are we going to apply curses?
Honestly, I think it won't matter for applying the curses.

We will shock only during 4 seconds every 10 seconds. With all the increased duration we have running, herald of lightning has a duration of (6 x 1.90) 11.4s. As long as we can reapply the shock within those 11.4 seconds, we have a complete upkeep of our HoT.

This is a nerf to the build when it comes to clearing overal mobs. We won't be shocking enemies 24/7 anymore, and that's the biggest decrease in DPS. But it is a slight buff for high health bosses, as we will be shocking them even if they won't summon any aid.

Overal verdict? I expected worse. Build is still perfectly viable.

If it turns out we can't keep HoT running all the time, we can always swap out HoT for Blasphemy, and drop the other curse(We would need more defenses then, I would recommend running a chaos golem as a second golem then).

I still have my necromancer build I was talking about couple of posts ago. I will most likely open up a new topic for it, as it is mechanically different from this one.

Will update the guide coming days, before the next league hits guys!
I am a nice guy.
And the build is updated to 2.4.

I'm reworking the mapping section as well, As I'll be playing through the game, I'll be slowly filling in what map is what difficulty.

Of course, if you want to do a suggestion, please do! Just let me know what map and what rating you would give it(check the second post for the rating system), and I'll be sure to take it into consideration!
I am a nice guy.
What about a curse on hit, firestorm, curse, curse 4L?
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
While it certainly works(and frees up some reserved for other aura's), I personally wouldn't. Casting multiple skills seems inefficient and it wouldn't fit my playstyle.

But if you don't mind having to alternate between firestorms, it's a solid solution for sure :)
I am a nice guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info