[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

@crappylight yep immortal call is very important, you listen the sound of that spell and you know it's time to kite! Beforè that can happen that you get in very messy situations without time to react. I would keep minion speed in place, cause the faster your army sottoinsieme the target the sooner it get distracted and kept in place.

For mana problems you are true, it's just 2-3 casts especially if you manage to get a 6 link, but that can be overcome by getting used of mana flask. Keep in mind that a clean divine mana flask can store 8 uses and a well rolled one even more than 10 with the new mods, so it's all about hot + warlord while u kill trash mobs and flask management with those bosses without minions on their side.

By the way i recommend a visit at Poe.trade, it's easy to use and a 5l is as cheap as 2-3 chaos, that's better than having some pretty wild engineering while trying to get one!

By the way i thin that THE WAND for this build should be something like:

Increased % spell damage (at least 60%)
+ X (element, preferably fire) added to spells (at least 50avg)
Increased cast speed ( 15 at least cause we are rich)
Increased critiche chance (more than 80% to reliably proc elemental overload)

That's something that can help you to spend that couple of extra exas you have :D
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
Last edited by Frattagli4 on Mar 14, 2016, 5:30:39 AM
@crappylight: It's been said, but Immortal Call will help you a lot! I'm not sure about losing Convocation for desecrate - since Convocation heals your zombies, and instantly protects you when you take damage

As for the passive tree: it's not just the scion life wheel. We go down primarily for the increased duration nodes. And those will add a lot of damage, and possible outplays. We get the wheel since it's on our way.
And yes, HoT can apply multiple curses, that is how we apply the curses :)
And the ele prolifnode... since we do not care about the status effect spreading(we just need it on the mobs we kill, and since we have a 100% chance to shock everything we touch, we got everything we need) - it's a waste of two points.

The mana costs are mostly handled with warlords mark. It grants us mana leech on everything we attack. As said, a divine mana flask will also be a great help, due to it's many sips and low charges.

As for HoT, most bosses spawn with mobs closeby, or summon those so we can proc HoT later on in the fight. Even if we won't, we usually burst down the boss fast enough anyways(especially if we swap out to conc effect).

@ccloaded: happy to hear! Besides Temp Chains, Enfeeble is a good pickup as well, just like Flammability.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Hi!

Do we really need Sovereignity? At Level 100 with ~ 950 Mana Pool I would have a free Mana Pool of ~230 with Anger and HoT.

Wouldn't it make sense to get a Doedre's Ring skip Whispers of Doom and put Passive Points into Resi if needed?

Thought about getting Unnatural Calm, Arcane Focus and Foresight to boost ES.
Last edited by Slowdice2 on Mar 14, 2016, 9:03:13 AM
Sounds similar to what I'm doing. I did take Sovereignty for the wiggle room but skipped whispers of doom to hit some more health and flat damage instead. At 83 I've got 4.1k hp / 1k ES and 1k mana like you said, and it works just fine in most situations. Sov not necessarily needed if you've got better gear than mine.

Atziri still gives me trouble though... need to raise my flask game. The build should be able to take it, I assume I'm just bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2d-0ZUfAVk&feature=youtu.be

Today i tested the build with innervate (i wanted to do that), and i spent 3 chaos to buy a scepter and a shield with crit chance, to try elemental overload and see if uptime was satisfing. I was so happy that i decided to record a small dried lake run to let you have a look!

With that setup i have just 16-17% crit chance, nothing gearwise is expensive, just a Tabula that i've found by chance. There my chare is just 73 and a still at only 3400 life and 600ish es.

Now i'm really looking forward to what i can get in endgame!
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
i have an answer. I'm use a infernal mantle and i didn't know if it's reasonable.
this is my build.
Spoiler
Last edited by Afropony on Mar 14, 2016, 4:03:17 PM
@Slowdice2: While it isn't necessary, It will make things a lot easier. If you don't want to run it, pick up gear with added mana, so you'll still have a decent mana pool. But in most circumstances, I'd still recommend getting the points.

@Frattagli4: That was interesting to see, always love to see how other people actually play the build haha, thanks for that!

@Afropony: The Infernal Mantle is a good mantle if you don't hit low mana. It's fairly easy to drop below the 33% mana threshold, so you might want to drop anger, or adopt an Essence Worm to make sure you have plenty of mana left. If you die more frequently with the mantle, drop it.

---

And now a funny story. So I've recently installed Windows 10 on a brand new SSD. Been playing for a while on it, but I was missing most of my programs. Could get the old bunch of programs I used to record and stuff, but I decided to try some new tools. After a bit of messing around, I finally gave up, and decided to get my recording devices tomorrow.

Well, that's what I thought until I closed the game. Appereantly, the thing was working. It recorded the whole thing(hence, why I couldn't start of stop recording), and I could decide afterwards, if I wanted to make some clips, and/or upload them.

So... I have made two clips of me playing. in both, I didn't realise I was already recording, so... basically how I'd tackle the content as I would normally.

Here's a full merc laby run, I did one run before this one, but got one shot during the second Izaro Phase(I didn't discharge the charges, thinking it could be an easy second key. I was wrong). So this run, I knew everything up to the second phase, but didn't know what to expect after it. That's why it took fairly long(If I know the laby, I think I can run it in ~8 minutes).

And... a random boss. Did a zana mission, noticed there were two ghosts at the boss, so I let them invade it and.. well. See for yourself :D

Will be uploading more video's coming time, so if there is something you'd like to see, let me know :)

Edit: You can actually see Izaro's life melt away in the final fight. Skip to 14:10 to see it yourself :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Mar 14, 2016, 4:25:04 PM
I love the detailed guide!
I have one quetion at the moment. Since we are playing with Elemental Conflux, we could swap for example controlled destruction for elemental focus right? Any opinion on that? I just swaped them so its too early to say if its working better or not.
Has anyone tried that yet?
Played this to level 92 in Perandus SC and never encountered any real difficulties.
In solo play I never noticed any significant FPS issues except for the Perandus chests but that was more of a global issue. Most of the time I was playing in a group of 3 which often caused extreme fps drops as soon as many enemies stacked up on elemental ailments. (At least it felt like the cause because casting multiple firestorms without enemies around didn't do much)

The labyrinth went smooth on the first two difficulties - for merc I had to level up to 72 first

Spoiler

Personally I kept this flask setup for most of the time since I got the curses for manual casting in case of no regen map or longer boss fights without any adds to proc HoT. For curse immune maps I simply swap in a mana flask.

I never tried Atziri before but managed to kill her with only 2 deaths mainly due to me not knowing what the fuck was going on. The damage on her with concentrated effect is just crazy. I had different gear when I first killed her like a Tabula which I picked up on level 55~ all the way to 91.

In terms of uniques I couldn't really find anything too useful except maybe a Carcass Jack with the downside of less single target damage when you need it. Nothing specific was required which is a good thing.

I wish firestorm was a more group friendly skill because I really enjoy the gameplay.
Thanks for the detailed guide - it helped me a lot getting back into the game.

Last edited by Ranerth on Mar 15, 2016, 12:51:42 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the build. Progressing along nicely and it only get's more fun as I level. Still just destroying everything even at lvl 66.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info