The Divination Card Location Archive v2.7 (269/433)

"
jaysckhar wrote:
Found Hope Card at Grotto Map

Spoiler

*http://i.imgur.com/MJ1DVdf.png*

Found The Lich Card in Upper Prison
*must stress it dropped from Sawsbone, not 100% sure it dropped from other necromancers in that area.

Spoiler
*http://i.imgur.com/eRejbLT.png*

thanks, I actually have a screenshot of Lich myself but I've forgotten it. Seems like Sawbones is the only one who drops it, I've only seen instances where the card comes from him. The reason I hesitated to upload myself in the first place is that Sawbones was possessed by a fisherman's ghost. Was Sawbones possessed when you killed him?
(repost from the old thread)

Scholar of the Seas - Coves

Spoiler

The Gemcutter - Gemcutter's Strongbox

Spoiler
Another quality ZAP! post.
"
OlaSarcasm wrote:

thanks, I actually have a screenshot of Lich myself but I've forgotten it. Seems like Sawbones is the only one who drops it, I've only seen instances where the card comes from him. The reason I hesitated to upload myself in the first place is that Sawbones was possessed by a fisherman's ghost. Was Sawbones possessed when you killed him?

Unfortunately, no. He was "clean".
"-Moments of clarity are so rare, i´d better document this."
"
jaysckhar wrote:
"
OlaSarcasm wrote:

Unfortunately, no. He was "clean".

thats actually good news though, just means it doesn't matter if he is possessed or not c:
"
chimpanzee wrote:
(repost from the old thread)

Scholar of the Seas - Coves

Spoiler

The Gemcutter - Gemcutter's Strongbox

Spoiler

Seems like Gemcutter's drops from Gemcutter's boxes no matter the level of the zone.
If I may suggest: for cards that drop from specific bosses, perhaps make mini-sections for them? For instance, The Lich drops from Sawbones. Does it also drop from Necribrae? It almost certainly drops from map versions of Sawbones, but does it also drop from Kadavrus? If it turns out that it does, perhaps a screenshot for each boss? Additionally--cards that drop from specific strongboxes. I think the best way to judge those might be to set up a single entry: first screenshot credit in general, and an earliest instance found (i.e. Cruel Mud Flats).
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Loreweaver wrote:
If I may suggest: for cards that drop from specific bosses, perhaps make mini-sections for them? For instance, The Lich drops from Sawbones. Does it also drop from Necribrae? It almost certainly drops from map versions of Sawbones, but does it also drop from Kadavrus? If it turns out that it does, perhaps a screenshot for each boss? Additionally--cards that drop from specific strongboxes. I think the best way to judge those might be to set up a single entry: first screenshot credit in general, and an earliest instance found (i.e. Cruel Mud Flats).

I've pondered if I should add specific drops from certain area bosses, so far I know that only Voll drops Brittle and Sawbones drops Lich, but that should be wiki stuff. Adding another section to one of the OP posts can be difficult over time due to old forum software (which is why it's 3 separate posts to begin with.)

edit, you should know ._.
Last edited by OlaSarcasm on Oct 29, 2015, 11:05:44 PM
I'd like to add some (far-fetched) speculation regarding the location of the House of Mirrors card. As far as I know there are two 'main theories' regarding its drop location.

1) The Hall of Grandmasters map.

2) A mirrored map.

I'd like to add a third one I thought of after doing some googling around. When the card was introduced I had a gut feeling the card may be related to the Sceptre of God, considering the area was ornamented with golden statues, chests, and cages; paintings; gold and marble busts; stained glass; and ornamented walls, pillars, and floors. Back in the day, mirrors were also very expensive items, especially large ornamented ones. Considering that and the God-theme of the area, I'd linked it to the Sceptre of God.

But what actually is a House of Mirrors? It's a funfair attraction, for which apparently the inspiration was the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versailles. And it just so happens there is a rare, high-level Palace map. Based on the (Upper) Sceptre of God area. The map is level 81 so it's inherently rare, and I imagine that to find a card that's even (probably and approximately) nine times as common as a Mirror of Kalandra would still take hundreds of area clears, if not thousands.

Also;

"
--There is a hidden Divination Card confirmed for the unique fishing rod, Song of the Sirens. Keep in mind the one thing we know about finding rods, and possibly for rhoa feathers as well--you need to be wearing a Fairgrave's Tricorne.

I doubt Fairgraves's Tricorne is related to rhoa feather drops as I've seen rhoa feathers linked in 1-hour races a few times.
mirrored map would be awesome since I have a ton of them in standard from the old times.

From the old thread:

Gambler, found in Arachnid Nest
Spoiler

Another missing Gambler...this time in Promenade (Zana)
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info