[2.2] Poor Man's guide to big wand CoC - 200K Dps and Atziri on a 5L

Looks fun :) Im kinda new to POE and this is the kind of build i like -.-

What do you think about EK as spells combo?

I dont see EK in your spell list. Is it a 10/10? Or is it crap ?

Did you ever tried this with 2x void battery? I know it's not cheap but is it worth the $$?

Last question mate. How do you level this ?

Tyvm

Last edited by teffgrandpa on Mar 9, 2016, 11:03:38 AM
I wouldn't honestly try this as soon as 40 unless you have a Tabula for the PCoC gem. When it works, it works great but your crit chance is otherwise so low that you'll often go on dry streaks of tickling balls with Barrage and fishing for procs while mobs make sure you're acquainted with their fists. Five, six, seven casts of Barrage without a proc was a fairly regular occurrence then *POW* everything is dead.

When it works, it works great but it has the usual growing pains of CoC builds which isn't to be unexpected or takes away from the build. I'm sticking with it!
Last edited by Messerschmitt on Mar 9, 2016, 9:42:35 PM
"
My name is AngryCustard and I like CoC.

Okay.
I like Cast on Crit.
"
Messerschmitt wrote:
I wouldn't honestly try this as soon as 40 unless you have a Tabula for the PCoC gem. When it works, it works great but your crit chance is otherwise so low that you'll often go on dry streaks of tickling balls with Barrage and fishing for procs while mobs make sure you're acquainted with their fists. Five, six, seven casts of Barrage without a proc was a fairly regular occurrence then *POW* everything is dead.

When it works, it works great but it has the usual growing pains of CoC builds which isn't to be unexpected or takes away from the build. I'm sticking with it!

around 40 myself atm, withour using PCOC it works great - I am however using a tab for three spells already.

As long as you can get 50+ crit chance (use ice golem, decent crit wands) you'll be fine as soon as you get the 75% crit chance from using dual-weapons.
"
teffgrandpa wrote:
Looks fun :) Im kinda new to POE and this is the kind of build i like -.-

What do you think about EK as spells combo?

I dont see EK in your spell list. Is it a 10/10? Or is it crap ?

Did you ever tried this with 2x void battery? I know it's not cheap but is it worth the $$?

Last question mate. How do you level this ?

Tyvm

EK is ok, I would say it is an 8 out of 10 on a regular CoC build. However if you are running a triple physical spell build, EK, Bladefall and either Glacial Cascade or blade vortex, then it can be a 9 or 10/10. But for that you want to be running Hatred along with heralds. The difficulty here is mana cost, socket colours, and of course power charge generation.

I have a single void battery in standard, and I am aiming to buy another one this league so that I can run CoC with dual Void Battery. And it would be Stupidly good, something like 500 increased spell damage, which is insane.
Hey AngryCustard,

thanks a lot for your guide!

May i ask you a question?

What do you think about taking some sweet Templer nodes and skip the southern scion part and heart and soul from the witch area?

Yes, it takes a bit more passive points and you lose 11% life, but you get another power charge, chance to freeze/shock/ignite, more spell damage, spell crit, elemental damage, more flat life. It seems worth it.

What do you think?

Greetings

Last edited by Stormnight on Mar 11, 2016, 1:06:30 AM
"
Stormnight wrote:
Hey AngryCustard,

thanks a lot for your guide!

May i ask you a question?

What do you think about taking some sweet Templer nodes and skip the southern scion part and heart and soul from the witch area?

Yes, it takes a bit more passive points and you lose 11% life, but you get another power charge, chance to freeze/shock/ignite, more spell damage, spell crit, elemental damage, more flat life. It seems worth it.

What do you think?

Greetings

I do not mind it at all actually it is pretty nice. I made a couple of adjustments to your tree. I'd drop the pierce chance and spend that on life nodes. A couple of other little tweaks, you don't need increased attack speed from co-ordination, you're hitting the 20Crit a second limit without this node.

Here is my take your tree.

Last edited by AngryCustard on Mar 11, 2016, 1:37:48 AM
That looks pretty sweet, thanks!

I honestly have no idea about piercing shots, isn't it a worthy option?

Is dropping Acuity a problem? In the templar tree taking Precision for 2 points is an option too.

/edit:

What do you think about the unique gloves Surgebinders http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Surgebinders they seem pretty nice, they give up to 42% Spelldamge and another up to 21% Elemental damage (with optional even more, as we're near some more frenzy charges).
Last edited by Stormnight on Mar 11, 2016, 3:50:32 AM
hello i have question, do you think a rampage gloves like this one http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Flesh_and_Spirit
would work well with this build ?
You really have to update this guide theres so much wrong and outdated info in it. You need leech and vaal pact from gem or berserker node if you go assassin because both vinktar and atziri flasks are nerfed and wont save you anymore from reflect, its also questionable to not have berserker as a viable alternative because of this and also because you can just use increased crit strikes gem instead of assassin and skip ice spear (its not even good) in the proj setup.

Also nice blood rage section when you have 0% regen on tree. Nice way to make any new player trying this quit the game.
Last edited by Aggnog on Mar 16, 2016, 4:17:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info