[2.2] Poor Man's guide to big wand CoC - 200K Dps and Atziri on a 5L

"

Hey man glad that you're liking the build. Your gear looks pretty solid and sneaking in an atziri's step is a solid defensive option. Consider life/resist boots and swapping your helm for a starkonjas. You should be fine against reflect if you have capped resist and cwdt immortal call for phys reflect from bladefall.

I have been experimenting with attack speed. Due to the limit of 20 casts per second on CoC there is a sweet spot for gmp barrage. It's not an exact science due to a couple of factors. The devs have stated that adding gmp to your barrage makes it take longer than your stated attack time. Also the length of the 'spool up' on your barrage changes depending on your attack speed. But you want to be attacking at a speed that your 8 projectiles are hitting mobs ever so slightly farther apart than 50ms. From what I can work out you don't want your attack speed to be faster than 0.4. You can easily exceed this speed with blood rage and three frenzy charges even using omen/prophecy wands. Be careful we using imbued wands not to over speed and potentially miss procs.

Hehe, I'll definitely go for a rare boots + starkonja setup. In fact, I happened to have a cheap pair of Atziri's Steps ready when I made the build, so I went along.

But a cwdt - inc.dur. - ic setup is a good idea for phys. reflect survival.

I didn't know about that thing with attack speed, good to know!

Thanks again for this awesome build! It's my favourite build of all times now!
Hmmmm, until you get nice wands, how about running with Dual Twyzel?

Also, yesterday a Belly of the Beast dropped for me. Since it's Str/Dex it shouldn't be hard to get GGGBBB. I konw, when you buy a Belly it costs quite a lot more and according to voirci calculator you'll need on average 400 chroms to get GGGBBB. I wonder if it's worth to try to 6L the Belly.
Last edited by hyper_ch on Feb 3, 2016, 5:29:19 AM
"
hyper_ch wrote:
Hmmmm, until you get nice wands, how about running with Dual Twyzel?

Also, yesterday a Belly of the Beast dropped for me. Since it's Str/Dex it shouldn't be hard to get GGGBBB. I konw, when you buy a Belly it costs quite a lot more and according to voirci calculator you'll need on average 400 chroms to get GGGBBB. I wonder if it's worth to try to 6L the Belly.

Dual Twyzel is a solid setup. A couple of the unique wands are not terrible starting points. The main thing is getting crits, then work on damage later.

I personally think that a 6L Belly is a bad prospect. Unless you can get your crit above 90% without power charges, you have no way of sustaining power charges which are a huge part of your DPS.

As for coloring a Belly GGGBBB, as someone who has spent several leagues trying to colour a Voll's devotion GGGBBB, I feel like this is a bad idea. It costs many many hundred chromes to get it right.

You're better off coloring the Belly GGGGBB and running bladefall or EK.

Well, playing HC, so increase in life is what draws me to Belly. Few hundred chroms isn't that much. One of my other char uses a RRBBBB 6l Astral (thx to crypt maps).

Well, I'm still mid 30s... and doing A4N now. Until I get better wands I think I could use inc. crit. strikes for the time being. However Belly of the Beast is something I might be interested in toward A3M onwards. It's just such a huge boost of life. And until then I'll have either better crit wands (selffound or bought) so power charges shouldn't be a problem anymore.

As soon as I hit lvl 38 can can use CoC and CoH I'll give the dual twyzel a try. Until now I just use spectral throw with two Screaming Eagles (ST-inc. crit. strike-,added fire, added chaos), Nighthold's Firetotem and both Heralds and AA. Thx to two Elereon rings I have no mana issue. One is a diamond ring but not worth to regal it.
not much in the way of skill gem setup other than the obvious

would like a more fleshed out guide for the skills (im being lazy )

also Volley fire unique gem ... extra barrage hits ... worth it?

thanks for the build ive been enjoying it. I need to make some tweaks now that i have a 5link
restless ward.
IGN- Shaeyaena
Switch to dual Twyzel helped quite a bit at lvl 38 when I finally could use CoH and CoC. Since it's HC I run CoH with Warlord's Mark (which procs often as well because Blasphemy/Assassin's Mark doesn't have a super big radius yet).

Regarding crit: is it possible that off-hand weapon implizit crit chance isnt helping at all? I tend to think I need a wand that has global crit chance there.
Have added a section on Jewels.

Volley Fire

This is a great Jewel, you want to run at least one of these, two is ideal. It gives you a surprising amount of coverage and additional proc's of your spells. These are a very strong DPS increase against packs of mobs, nearly zero gain against single target bosses.

Rare Jewels
You will want to run 4-5 Jewel Sockets for your CoC build 1 or 2 will be Volley Fire the rest will be rare jewels these must have increased maximum life, if you don't have this on your jewel you're doing it wrong. Other useful stats on your jewels are as follows:
+ Mana gained for each enemy hit by your attacks
+ Knock Back Chance
Increased Damage
Increased Spell Damage
Increased Spell Damage while Dual Wielding
Global Critical Strike Chance
Global Critical Strike multiplier
Increased Accuracy Rating
Last edited by AngryCustard on Feb 9, 2016, 12:30:20 AM
Advanced mode: use chain with your barrage, instead of GMP; equip two Volley Fire jewels; use Arc + Bladefall + Glacial Cascade as your spells.
"
lussiano wrote:
Advanced mode: use chain with your barrage, instead of GMP; equip two Volley Fire jewels; use Arc + Bladefall + Glacial Cascade as your spells.

This works for clearing packs, however your single target damage against bosses will suffer. Sure if the boss has lots of friends you're fine but some bosses don't. In single target situations like atziri GMP is far superior. So you can swap between chain/gmp as and when you need or just be super lazy and run gmp at all times coz it still clears packs super fast.
I love CoC too, but went cyclone discharge this league !
I want to give a try to wand+barrage next league if CoC is not nerfed :p

I have a question: Don't you need accuracy ? I see 0 of it in your gear section, which means you have like 80% chance to hit ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info